Forum

Force-A-Nature

Created 14th June 2009 @ 21:36

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 64 Next »

Bash

Why does everyone hate this game so much? Probably should’ve picked demomang!

Norris

Whining? l2p? I’ll remember these counter (ad hominem) arguments if the soldier unlocks are over-powered :)

as if something like this will happen. it’s already a good public class, doubt he’ll get any buff :>

KOVACS

Yes, it’s annoying. I think the main issue with the FAN is how its effectiveness depends largely on the variation in playstyle between players. For some an opponent using FAN is nothing more than a minor nuisance, whilst for others it’s a major problem or challenge to deal with. The kickback is the obvious culprit.

Is it fair to those who’s hard learned (no pun intended) playstyles are in conflict with FAN? Not really. Is it likely to be banned because some players might have to change their playstyle at a fundamental level? Nope. Just need to get on with it and adapt as necessary tbh.

I hate it, and I like it.

Get the Force-a-Nature: it has knockback and will randomly stop your opponents dead in their tracks because the knockback is buggy as fuck, irritating the shit out of every sane person!

Luckily most fan scouts seem to main pyro.
But yes, as was pointed out, meh @ ban.

compton

cvx|

Seriously this should be required reading for everyone in ETF2L before voting on any ban:

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/what-should-be-banned.html

This guy f-kin gets it.

gryzor

Indeed compton. that was a worthwhile read, I’m hoping that there will be _NO_ bans of _ANY_ unlocks in Season6 (makes note to self to re-direct any futher ‘REMOVE THIS WEAPON!’ or ‘DON’T ALLOW THE SANDMAN!’ posts to that link).

Tehgnarr

is good!

“A ban must be enforceable, discrete, and warranted”

Sandman still shouldn’t be allowed imho.

“The only reasonable case to ban something because it is “too good” is when that tactic completely dominates the entire game, to the exclusion of other tactics”

and Sandman will.

Oh yeah, on topic: FaN is fine, l2p =)

“A ban must be enforceable, discrete, and warranted”

Sandman still shouldn’t be allowed imho.

“The only reasonable case to ban something because it is “too good” is when that tactic completely dominates the entire game, to the exclusion of other tactics”

and Sandman will.

The sandman has already been banned…

eoN^

The main part that annoys the living shit out of me is the fact that it ISNT a knockback effect at all, all it does is stop you, if it bounced you so you could ride it etc it would be an amazing weapon and great fun but at the moment all it is is a gun that can stop someone mid air if you aim in their general direction… Also the fact you can 2 shot people for ~140 HP is a little bit op… as seen as the second shot is so easy to hit.

Edit, point is I think it should be banned until they fix the knockback effect. Or just rename it to “stopping effect”…

AnimaL

just played a pickup, does a fucking ~140dmg with one shot, kinda bs gun -_-

ban from pickups at least!!! -_- :D

basicly, as medic the gun enforces me to stay with 150hp all time and if im not with 150hp i should run back to spawn so that i dont die… its not even adjusting to gameplay, more like completly changing it…

getting killed with more than ~120hp by one shot kinda pisses me off

Bun

GM

just played a pickup, does a fucking ~140dmg with one shot, kinda bs gun -_-

ban from pickups at least!!! -_- :D

It can’t do 140dmg in one shot, then it would mean 280 in two shots.
He must have shot two shots.

Anyways, It’s a good sidegrade, you lose four shots and get slower reload for faster firing speed and knockback/extrajump, also if you get close, extra damage.

xzr

Whining? l2p? I’ll remember these counter (ad hominem) arguments if the soldier unlocks are over-powered :)

doubt any decent team will want you even if solly becomes the best class ever

*DRUMROLL*

Ares

-HH²-

After the new buff the FaN does max damage of 113 at perfect close range, the scatter was about 103 (which was nerfed from 110 in the same update) the off thing was that the FaN was much more damagnig over mid range on many occasions donig 60 damage from 3/4 of the length of the duel arena where the scattter was donig 20 max, but then sturggling to do damage at close range in some occasions, this was all with etf2l config loaded so static damage values etc

We found in a open area the FaN scout will rape the scatter one due to better damage and the other scout being unable to close. Damage per second wise they are equal pretty much with fan doing 226 damage a second but having a down time of a second so 113 for reload and the scatter gun with about 1 and a bit shots a second with no donwtime so on that the scatter is the superior weapon

skinnie

TCM

We found in a open area the FaN scout will rape the scatter one due to better damage and the other scout being unable to close.

yea cause the scout with scatter really needs to get close to do more damage than fan lol

and if u let a scout come close behind u u just deserve to die (same goes for any class)

Evil

Arm wrestle for it at UKESA Predz wins FAN banned, Arnonld wins FAN not banned

Predz vs. Arnold

BOOK YOUR TICKETS NOW ONLY £99.99

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 64 Next »