Forum

Force-A-Nature

Created 14th June 2009 @ 21:36

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 64 Next »

gryzor

“If etf2l decides to ban FaN it is a big big disappointment and a scary way of dealing things in a future.”

I totally agree. Pretty obvious where my vote is going and despite the call for good arguments against, there has been none. “doing evil stuff on badlands in the middle to our players” is a pretty.. weak… case.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

“If etf2l decides to ban FaN it is a big big disappointment and a scary way of dealing things in a future.”

I totally agree. Pretty obvious where my vote is going and despite the call for good arguments against, there has been none. “doing evil stuff on badlands in the middle to our players” is a pretty.. weak… argument.

I just said it renders soldiers useless on many areas of a map plus it takes away the soldiers major asset of rocket jumping how is that a weak argument? especially considering soldier was the weakest class in 6’s before the widespread use of the fan.

tenshox

As stated above by me :p
The only reason i see the FAN being overpowered atm is its ability to stop people in the air and on the ground even if you only hit them with a single shard, which is quite ridiculous; i mean you even stop people most of the time, when you hit them from behind Oo

eoN^

Lets get our pitch forks and torches and go get AcidRenix!

jgmaster

BM

I think the question should be whether the FaN buff made it OP. It was allowed before and the only thing which has changed is the amount of damage it now does. So does added damage make it OP? The way I see it is that this is a situational gun, it just so happens that it can be used in more situations than some i.e airblast.

If we look at fragga’s point then yes the FaN is good for defending the spire against rjing sollys however this is one particular situation. If the team/scout gives up his ability to dm against other scouts for the change to stop a rjing solly then the chances are their team will suffer for it. The question is are scouts now just as good as they were at dm with the added bonus of stopping people or not? Personally I think not, but then that’s just my opinion. Dunno if I got my point across or not but yeah flame away.

Cycles

lolwow

I think the FaN could do with some tweaks to make the “stopping amount” fall off a bit depending on how many pellets hit/distance. For example, if a solly jumps to spire on badlands, and your aim isn’t brilliant, the solly would get pushed back a bit but would probably make it to the spire. If you get a good quality shot however, it would do the same as what it does now. That, and the ability to at least strafe when stunned would make it much more acceptable.

Either way, as it stands now I don’t see the need for a ban. Yes, it’s fucking annoying to get 2 shot by a scout, but it’s equally annoying to run through a blatantly obvious sticky trap (we’ve all done it!). I haven’t seen any compelling arguments for a ban yet

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

It’s not overpowered but it is annoying to play against, stop whining.

oblivion

Posted this on resupply.eu:

As a medic i absolutely hate the fan- the ammount of times i’ve been two shotted is just ridiculous, and it means a single scout can completely dominate the centre point. If im on 20hp i’m damn well not going to run into rocket spam to get a med pack, so that can put my team out of contention for mid altogether. The knockback is also overpowered, whilst rockets may push you back a bit or put you into the air, the fan can easily propel you into a spam area.

Overpowering a single class puts the rest of the classes out of balance, as its simply makes the scouts match winners. IMO it overemphasises one classes importance. Taking the example of the pyro, whilst air blast pushes people back, it can’t also do damage, and is limited to close range use. The FAN has none of these issues, which just shows why its overpowered.

DL

Well so far in the U.S scene, none of the top scouts use the FAN since it lacks the killing power.

The only thing the fan lacks is scout vs scout killing power, for gun n run its better than demo jumping onto mid when the whole enemy team is standing on it.

Well you can’t really go on short killing sprees with it, nor can you take on a fully buffed soldier + a medic, which is what I meant about killing power.

No, you just 2 shot the medic. Reload, and start harassing the soldier. Shouldn’t take so long.

Well so far in the U.S scene, none of the top scouts use the FAN since it lacks the killing power.

The only thing the fan lacks is scout vs scout killing power, for gun n run its better than demo jumping onto mid when the whole enemy team is standing on it.

Well you can’t really go on short killing sprees with it, nor can you take on a fully buffed soldier + a medic, which is what I meant about killing power.

Actually you can, alot easier than with scattergun. You just kill the medic and then the soldier…
All you have to do is run in from somewhere they cant see, 2 shot the medic run off reload and stay at mid range and in 6 shots the soldier is dead. And if hes not in 4 you can always just use your pistol that does what 10~20 damage per hit?

I dunno, maybe you guys just have bad soldiers or something but getting 6 shots in with the fan takes a really long time, and wouldn’t work in the U.S.
Several of the top soldiers I’ve talked to said they would rather deal with fan scouts rather than scatter scouts, since with 300 hp a fan scout will never take you down.

I’ve never witnessed a FaN scout pull off six shots on a soldier.
Mostly because:
1. The scout would’ve already been killed.
2. The FaN can easily take a fully buffed soldier to around ~60 HP with two shots which is then easily pistolled away.

eoN^

I’ve never witnessed a FaN scout pull off six shots on a soldier.
Mostly because:
1. The scout would’ve already been killed.
2. The FaN can easily take a fully buffed soldier to around ~60 HP with two shots which is then easily pistolled away.

I was meaning mid range ^^

hunger

sup

bm

while i wouldnt put it as drastically as fragga, i do agree that it makes soldier less enjoyable to play if u have to deal with a scout that has at least decent aim and knows how to use certain situations to his advantage.
had me raging quite a few times and usually im not too botherd by scouts.

compton

cvx|

It’s not the Scouts, FaN or the Demoman that needs fixing, they’re not overpowered. It’s the Soldier that needs buffing.

edit: I’d like to start with reasonable self-damage, centered rockets and perhaps slightly faster moving rockets. offtopic nvm

Niggles

Toda on the FAN

t0dA : OMG
t0dA : FUCKING STUPID WEAPON

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 64 Next »