Forum

Force-A-Nature

Created 14th June 2009 @ 21:36

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 64 Next »

DL

Well so far in the U.S scene, none of the top scouts use the FAN since it lacks the killing power.

The only thing the fan lacks is scout vs scout killing power, for gun n run its better than demo jumping onto mid when the whole enemy team is standing on it.

Well you can’t really go on short killing sprees with it, nor can you take on a fully buffed soldier + a medic, which is what I meant about killing power.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Well so far in the U.S scene, none of the top scouts use the FAN since it lacks the killing power.

The only thing the fan lacks is scout vs scout killing power, for gun n run its better than demo jumping onto mid when the whole enemy team is standing on it.

Well you can’t really go on short killing sprees with it, nor can you take on a fully buffed soldier + a medic, which is what I meant about killing power.

No, you just 2 shot the medic. Reload, and start harassing the soldier. Shouldn’t take so long.

eoN^

Actually you can, alot easier than with scattergun. You just kill the medic and then the soldier…
All you have to do is run in from somewhere they cant see, 2 shot the medic run off reload and stay at mid range and in 6 shots the soldier is dead. And if hes not in 4 you can always just use your pistol that does what 10~20 damage per hit?

tenshox

Problem is, that a scout with mediocre aim is able to stop people dead in the air or on the ground, as a fricking single shard from this gun makes people useless ;)
Would be nice to see the stopping power from single shards reduced, but this wont happen.

Wiiking

seems like everyone forgot u can x2 kill a scout and medic with the normal scattergun too.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

The problem is a scout with mediocre aim can increase his skill considerably by using the fan over the scattergun whilst rendering the enemy soldiers useless in certain areas and most importantly making their rocket jumps (their best asset afterall) work against them.

julieN1

cQr

so… when is it going to be banned?

Vali

-9w-

My only real issue with it is that on badlands a scout is able to get to middle and go shithouse before your scouts will be able to see and call it. Not only does them popping around the side of the train as you walk out onto middle as a demoman make it hard to stay alive but since it’s impossible to call, it’s also impossible to judge what you should be doing. If you spend the time to throw stickies down, and you’ll never really be able to get them in a spot that the scout cant avoid easily, then you’re not even able to pay attention to what the rest of their players like their demoman are doing and you’re unable to block their team in. If you don’t, there’s a chance that the scout has gone shithouse and prepare to get 2 shotted before your medic can even see you.

danny.

+1 for ban

Crusa

Troopers

I must say this whole whining this is so retarded. Basically we have people whining to preserve the status quo. Every change is against this existing state of the game and people just can’t deal with it.
They are too busy playing granary and badlands with their 1000 times tried tactics that even a slight (and I mean slight) change in this will just make them rage. And guess what that is a sad sad thing. So what if the scout with a FaN can get to center faster than the scouts without the FaN. Deal with it. Make your scout have a FaN or block the places where this advantage could be used. This has been around since the weapon came out and only now it’s a problem for you?

Change to FaN wasn’t that big. It now only does what, 8% more damage in optimal conditions than Scatter gun does. Otherwise it’s the same weapon that was there all the time. It was never banned or caused this much whine when it came out. Back then it could 2 shot medics just as easily as it kills them now. Soldiers were if not killed were much so that one or two pistol rounds after FaN killed the soldier.

Now I see some people cry their eyes out how this update has completely made soldiers useless and such. It is not the weapon that is owepowered it is just you that is not coping with the new situation. Work how to overcome the issue and don’t waste your time on crying how you don’t want to do that.

If etf2l decides to ban FaN it is a big big disappointment and a scary way of dealing things in a future.

Wlv

RaWr ::

Force-A-Nature is the same as any allowed weapon – if you’re good with it, it gives you an advantage, but also has its negative sides no matter how good you are at using it.

It’s not like the baseball bat and ball because anyone can use that to stun people, even if they have no skill at all.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

There is no “workaround” take spire as just one example, you can no longer jump to defend it against even a single scout. The “workaround” doesn’t exist. For demomen who liked to SJ to defend the point, they can always spam stickies from underneath, but a soldier requiring splash damage can do nothing.

Wasn’t too long ago people were “whining” or “crying” about x2 demomen, how many would want to go back to that? Class/Weapon limits need to me made as TF2 is a game designed for public play if we allow every stupid weapon Valve make we wont have a competitive community for very much longer.

Hoping someone wont delete my post again, I’ll try to add my 2 cents.

If there was a max range for the knockback, the weapon would be great. Atm it’s just shit for reasons explained tenfold in this thread.
Limiting it to 1 per team wouldn’t solve the problem at all and it’s not broken enough to ban it so we’ll just have to live with it.

Or we can continue the whine and counterwhine like this was a subsection of the steamforums.

Oggy

It’s not like the baseball bat and ball because anyone can use that to stun people, even if they have no skill at all.

lol? Anyone with half decent aim can use the fan, give it to any scout in div1/2 and they have no problems at all.

Sebb

IsF

FaN needs more internet…
everytime when i got a hit my ping rise up +50 mostly a scout shoot twice at me so i got a ping boost +100 jay!
i like the flames wich people do when you stop them jumping when stony use it on badlands sometimes. but i really don´t know why they rage… you also can block people with normal scattergun :>

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 64 Next »