Forum

sv_allow_wait_command 0

Created 24th May 2009 @ 19:49

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »

Netsky

I heard rumors that rocket jumps & other stuff are possible to do without scripts, but for those who never learned it do as anakin said, ye actually he’s right Oo

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

This won’t reduce the amount of scripters imo, took me around 5mins to make a fast fire pistol macro on my G9. Just allow it, you’ve caught the scripters earlier too.

AnAkkk

@lassizci : You don’t need waits for this. bind f5 “record;stop” just work fine.

Also, it is possible to do auto reload scripts without waits. My scout auto reload script never used a single wait.

//Set up the specific weapons so that they will change to auto-reload as required.
alias “weapon1” “+reload; slot1; alias select1 weapon1; alias select2 select21; alias select3 select31;”
alias “weapon2” “-reload; slot2; alias select1 select12; alias select2 weapon2; alias select3 select32;”
alias “weapon3” “-reload; slot3; alias select1 select13; alias select2 select23; alias select3 weapon3;”
//Set up the previous weapon toggle
alias “select12” “weapon1; alias toggleweap select21”
alias “select13” “weapon1; alias toggleweap select31”
alias “select21” “weapon2; alias toggleweap select12”
alias “select23” “weapon2; alias toggleweap select32”
alias “select31” “weapon3; alias toggleweap select13”
alias “select32” “weapon3; alias toggleweap select23”
//Initialize script
select12
//Binds
bind “a” “toggleweap”
bind “1” “select1”
bind “2” “select2”
bind “3” “select3”

Rele

:rolleyes:

Anakin… the problem with the stickylauncher is that as long as you have +reload, your sticky launcher will charge up. Jonnis script fixed it by setting -reload when shooting and +reload when not shooting, you do however need a wait for this.

We were never talking about other classes. I think everyones aware that reload scripts work perfectly without waits – except the sticky launcher ;)

Qun

GoT<3

I can’t use my ragequit button anymore because of this :(

Haunter

id say no scripts at all :D

eoN^

So, basically everything but stickylauncher auto-reload scripts work, that currently are “legal”. Sounds like an awesome command to keep in the config to me, pressing a reload-button compared to facing demos with fast-sticky-scripts must be an awesome tradeoff! Congratulations, all clean demomen (if this is kept in the config, that is — this, I have no idea of as of yet).

To be honest its frustrating playing without a reload script as demo when your used to one, it just feels like alot more effort. Maybe valve should just add an auto reload opinion for all weapons bar pistol and smg and blutz? That way everyone could just use it because i keep seeing people playing soli without +reload and i really dont understand why :S its just a waste of a keypress.

exm

That way everyone could just use it because i keep seeing people playing soli without +reload and i really dont understand why :S its just a waste of a keypress.

I agree 100%!

Akasazh

THG
HL

So, basically everything but stickylauncher auto-reload scripts work, that currently are “legal”. Sounds like an awesome command to keep in the config to me, pressing a reload-button compared to facing demos with fast-sticky-scripts must be an awesome tradeoff! Congratulations, all clean demomen (if this is kept in the config, that is — this, I have no idea of as of yet).

Agree. Good rule. Not worth changing for one script of one particular class.

+ autoreload aint all that awesome imho. Tried one, but i didn’t feel likeplaying that much better/easier using it, just a bit more lazy, thats all. And you still have to remember to switch to your second gun to reload that if you managed to deplete the ammo for it. When not in combat switch weapons and r. You’re still ffed if you have your stickylauncher empty and you get jumped by a scout (unlees you manage to 2 nade him).

Btw the reload should still work with the nade launcher, isn’t there a way to code it to use it on the nade launcher, but not on the stickylauncher? That way You’d only have to remember to reload after firering a few stickies, shouldn’t be THAT hard.

Light

amg

That way everyone could just use it because i keep seeing people playing soli without +reload and i really dont understand why :S its just a waste of a keypress.

I can explain my position… I take this game as a competition. Competition, which is more complex, than just shooting. You should see everything, make right decisions and don’t forget to reload, because this is one of aspects of true skill…
When some ppl use rj-scripts or even +reload, I think of them as they can’t control this by themselves, and so they skill possibly don’t include awareness about their weapon loading or they can’t make a stable rj in any situation. Both this parts sometimes very crucial to win and scripting them – is a playing game in another (easier) way, than designed by developers.
So my only “scripts” is a two binds – say “gl & hf” and bind for recording movie.
I also accept (but not using) scripts, which is not affects battles. Like fast respawn change, fast weapon change (medigun to kritzkrieg) and so on.
Actually, autoreload script must be forbidden, because it violates thumb rule. You cannot play whole game constantly holding R pressed :-)

xtala

That’s a pretty ridiculous statement.
Tbh, fast spawn switch & fast weapon switch give you more of an advantage than auto reload.

Oh and btw, if Valve were against scripts in general than why did they add the seperate class configs?

Anathema

Pressing R isn’t exactly my idea of skill.

actually i think that command isnt workin properly..
The only script i use, or better, have, is a rocketjump script, and i tested it, it works fine, even tho it uses wait. And at the same, i saw scouts with fastfire.
But imo, the command should stay. Same, is it hard to press r? or whatever Button relaod is on. Fastfire is just a huge Advantage, and i think cubeth was the first and only one banned for it? There are alot more people using something restricted..

AnAkkk

@hokka: That means your script has wait in it and doesn’t need it.

exm

So my only “scripts” is a two binds – say “gl & hf” and bind for recording movie.

Actually, autoreload script must be forbidden, because it violates thumb rule. You cannot play whole game constantly holding R pressed :-)

By your logic, having those two binds also violate The thumb rule. I mean writing glhf takes 2 seconds and writing console commands for recording movie even longer!

My point is: Your arguments are just plain stupid.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »