Forum

New medals design thoughts

Created 15th August 2018 @ 18:43

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Morgan

[R]eason

ETF2L will use a new design for the latest 6v6 season and further.

These on the workshop are the unfinished version of them
: https://steamcommunity.com/id/memewarrior/myworkshopfiles/

In the last 2 days there have been many discussions on both TFTV forum and ETF2L Discord, anyway i’d like to listen to some opinions here aswell.

Divine

(ETF2L Donator)
Wiki

I would absolutely prefer to keep the old ones as the medals we have. But incase this isn’t an option anymore I would like to see the playoffs participant and 2nd place medals to be altered to differ more from the regular participant medal

ducky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGe_Sluth3A

adje

Old ones are fine as is and look better, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. These look like beyblades ripoffs

That being said I don’t think this design is bad, would just make the colors a bit less bland and samey. There’s virtually no difference between a playoffs, participant or silver medal.

TK_

MILKY

I wouldnt also change the medals since the current ones look way nicer and the silver/playoffs medals look way too same as the normal participation. I feel like there is no reason to change a medal to worse.

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from adje

if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

In a way, it is. Current medals have the playoff medal style look closely similar to the first place medal, so if the primary objective for a team is to get the best looking medal in easiest way possible, they could just lose out in playoffs as soon as possible. Gladly this is not a case anymore for Division 2 or above where the least anyone could get from playoffs is a normal participation medal unless they place third to get bronze, but it still doesn’t mean that the current medals are perfect.

The reason even why they do have such a look is because they were introduced back in 2014, before the Swiss System was implemented in to the league which resulted possibly in all matches being within the main season weeks so every division of their own had several smaller competitions for the first place, and the current playoff medal style was given to the group winner teams of the time, only Premiership teams received the placement medals that currently are given in all tiers. It really worked well back then with all groups being in Round Robin but that was not transferred perfectly over with the Swiss System.

Although I do agree that the second place medal does look too similar to what the participation medal looks like, but that’s a regular case with in-game medals that they look the same compared to usual grey medals unless they are made a lot more special than just with more colours added.

aychi

Shroud
wL.

Quoted from Bloodis

[…]

In a way, it is. Current medals have the playoff medal style look closely similar to the first place medal, so if the primary objective for a team is to get the best looking medal in easiest way possible, they could just lose out in playoffs as soon as possible. Gladly this is not a case anymore for Division 2 or above where the least anyone could get from playoffs is a normal participation medal unless they place third to get bronze, but it still doesn’t mean that the current medals are perfect.

I agree with the playoff medals design changing, as it makes little sense for people placing lower to have a nicer medal than say 2nd. But the actual design of the medals are so detailed and well proportioned, it would be a shame to see them go to be replaced by a design very bland in detail and crammed in space. A rework of the playoffs medal would be nicer.

Last edited by aychi,

Lond_o_n

Can this s30 be normal medals??? since chaging it without all the community agreeing is a bad idea and the medals for s30 are soon to ship.

STiNGHAN

inVincible

Bring back first design or keep current one. Ugc got new ugly medals. They did good idea with getting old cool design in again but that the newest one is :puke: same here

Sodium

(Head Admin)
fluffy

Quoted from Lond_o_n

… and the medals for s30 are soon to ship.

I’d love to know where you get that information from, that’s the first thing I hear about that

st0rm

ADO
HOUND

Why not have the old ETF2L medals redesigned? Make the playoff medal not look like the 1st place medal.

scrambled

(ETF2L Donator)

For a future redesign would it be possible to have more distinction between divisions? With the old design prem third place looks worse than open playoff participant. The most saught after medals in the past have been very noticable and made clear distinctions between divisions.

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/3/37/Backpack_Tournament_Medal_-_UGC_4v4_%28Season_9%29.png

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/f/fe/Backpack_UGC_July_8_Platinum_First.png

I understand that its difficult to have this when you have open/low/mid/high/div 1/div 2/prem to concern yourselves with, but I’m sure you could find a way to make it work.

looks good

Morgan

[R]eason

Quoted from Sodium

[…]

I’d love to know where you get that information from, that’s the first thing I hear about that

Aoshi did say in about 2 months in june.

Last edited by Morgan,

Sodium

(Head Admin)
fluffy

Quoted from Morgan

[…]

Aoshi did say in about 2 months in june.

That would be if the medals were ready and added to the game, but obviously things got delayed. To assume from a two month old unofficial comment that medals will be shipped this month no matter what is jumping conclusions.

Last edited by Sodium,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »