Forum

ETF2L Public Server?

Created 20th May 2009 @ 11:36

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »

Anderson

TEZC
TEZC

Just an idea, but wouldnt it be nice to have maybe a public server in which the majority of players will know eachother (through this league). One of the main reasons i personally dont often venture onto a public server is because i dont know any of the people on it. Another reason is because generally the people on public servers are clueless and dont have any idea towards the structure of the game (in terms of the objectives invovled). I think having a public server would promote the league and also give people who do play in the compeitive scene a chance to “wind down” and go back to the public style play ,but within a somewhat structured,like-minded manner.

xzr

+1

dAyKiLLeR

(Legend)
farm!
it's a farm

If someone wants to donate us a public server, we can surely do that.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

+1

I’d say a 24 man server with a nice assortment of custom and standard maps :).
Hlstats and class limits ftw.

maybe we could also use some commands for the server like the “ESL” for the King of the Hill (KOTH) event.

For those who dont know what i mean: on the KOTH-Server can only those players play, which have a steamid (TF2) on their userpage. Every player who tries to play there, but has no steamid on their profil gets kicked and gets a massage like: “no profil found which is simular with your steamid. please visit “www xxxxxx com” for more informations”

The ETF2L also support this so maybe we can also use this commands that only the ETF2l can use the server

Nigther

STD

I’d second that in an instant. The level of play on there would be high compared to normal pubs so it would be more viable if you want some personal improvement. I do know about some other good competitive minded pubs but they are empty almost always. This being the official server for the whole league I can’t see that happening.

As for player count I’d say either 12v12 or 8vs8. Eight might be a bit small but that’s a good choice if you want a 6on6 feel to it and still keep it accessible for public play.

Anyway, that’s some ideas.

Willazord

+1, would be cool :D

rtan

-9w-

Aye good idea, I generally don’t play pubs now unless I’m really bored.

Having a decent skilled public server for ETF2L players would certainly make me play 12v12 alot more though!

Jowy

24 slots plx, I get enough of 6vs6 when scrimming, and there’s always pickups if you want more. I play on public servers to take it easy and have a laugh, 12vs12 is perfect for that.

tragett

instant respawn 24/7 2fort plz

thaldarin

+1? +1 and +1 another. Such a simple yet awesome idea.

gryzor

connect etf2l.org — done.

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

<3

Crunchy

this would be pretty cool but whats to stop lots of noobs joining? if a server is almost full random public players are going to join..

David

maybe we could also use some commands for the server like the “ESL” for the King of the Hill (KOTH) event.

For those who dont know what i mean: on the KOTH-Server can only those players play, which have a steamid (TF2) on their userpage. Every player who tries to play there, but has no steamid on their profil gets kicked and gets a massage like: “no profil found which is simular with your steamid. please visit “www xxxxxx com” for more informations”

The ETF2L also support this so maybe we can also use this commands that only the ETF2l can use the server

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »