Forum

Division/Tiers System

Created 12th September 2017 @ 19:23

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Koala

We wanted to play low, teach some new players, trying to get a med that might never have played etf2l, but since there’s no low, we’re placed on mid against teams like d-d-Did I Stutter? who have played 3 or so seasons in div1. To not lose all games, have to take a way different approach to roster, prefering semi-active experienced players over bringing new people in the scene, don’t have to explain how that goes against growth of competitive tf2.

Have played both, and it’s not even a question which was more balanced, sure there are occasional exceptions, but with the new model mixing low teams with mid, that’s like mixing division 5 with 3, vastly different gameplay between the two.

Give people what they want, as long as it doesn’t screw the gameplay up..

bum

Dancer

koala how tf is anyone on ur roster a “new player”

Koala

Quoted from bum

koala how tf is anyone on ur roster a “new player”

Most of them were backups who would never play (obv cheating to sign up for season), from “not new players” only me and svins would play and offclass, wanted to bring a medic and soldier both whom never have played ETF2L, cookie is new as well, so that’d be 3 players or half a team(good luck playing d3 teams like that), last spot would be filled by probably either someone new as well, or people who barely play any tf2 these days (swallow or hedgehog).
Point being, it would be quite different roster than it might appear now, if we had the chance to do so.

Last edited by Koala,

Crayon

McV

Quoted from Koala

We wanted to play low, teach some new players

all of your players apart from cookie have played mid+ before idk why ur whining

Koala

Quoted from Crayon

[…]

all of your players apart from cookie have played mid+ before idk why ur whining

I just explained..

Crayon

McV

Quoted from Koala

[…]
I just explained..

You’re complaining about not being allowed to play mid based of the fact that you’re going to add two more inexperienced players to the roster (who?) and just because ur last spot is being filled by someone who doesnt play anymore doesnt nullify their experience. You’ve sandbagged mid before, this’ll just be a bit harder.

MoistPenguin

TC

Please dont derail an actually useful discussion thread by complaining that you, a new player from 2011 who has won mid before, who has played in div 1/2/high isnt allow to play in open.

Im sorry we prevented your sandbagging. Please dont derail threads. If you want to complain about not being allowed to sandbag open a new thread.

Koala

I think you lost some points, might want to re-read, for example “You’re complaining about not being allowed to play mid” – huh, where?
“you’re going to add two more inexperienced players to the roster (who?)” – I don’t think you’d be familiar with people without ETF2L profile or you want me to provide steam profiles for you?
“just because ur last spot is being filled by someone who doesnt play anymore doesnt nullify their experience.” – Well, hedge has played 2 games in division4, rest is div5, also hasn’t playd in 10 seasons, you’d really consider that as sandbagging?

Quoted from MoistPenguin

Isnt allow to play in open.

Im sorry we prevented your sandbagging. Please dont derail threads. If you want to complain about not being allowed to sandbag open a new thread.

Where did I even mention open? That was exactly my point that these tiers are too wide and with our presumed project we would get wreckd at mid, and destroy open.

At least read before writing such cocky responses, jeez. I’m done.

Crayon

McV

just some inexperienced players for my insane project team where i will be mentoring new players :D
Joined Kilgors Koala Today, 14:10
Joined CitroMaind svins Today, 12:43

Koala

Quoted from Crayon

just some inexperienced players for my insane project team where i will be mentoring new players :D
Joined Kilgors Koala Today, 14:10
Joined CitroMaind svins Today, 12:43

Even irish who never see daylight have McGregor syndrome?
If you’d taken my advice and re-read, you’d have noticed “To not lose all games, have to take a way different approach to roster, prefering semi-active experienced players over bringing new people in the scene”.
Again, not complaining where we got placed, but that there just wasn’t a right place to place us (whole thread is about divs vs tiers if you don’t remember), so have to adjust accordingly.
Piss off, gingerboy.

Senots

dont cry koala

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

lol

oJ

CLARTED
YNWA.

Even irish who never see daylight have McGregor syndrome?

torrit

Piss off, gingerboy.

nik

ORACLE

Quoted from Koala

[…]
We wanted to play low, teach some new players.

your roster is almost the exact same roster that won mid, and 2 players have played (not just rostered, but actually played) in high

Quoted from Koala

[…]
but since there’s no low, we’re placed on mid against teams like d-d-Did I Stutter? who have played 3 or so seasons in div1

stutter’s roster is almost entirely different from their div 1 days

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »