Forum

Reminder to team leaders who are setting team availabilities

Created 21st January 2017 @ 17:28

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Please put your availability at 21:15 or 20:15 and not 21 or 20 flat, I can’t stress it enough when every season people want to reschedule matches by 15 minutes so they can get a good scrim before officials, without having to leave early from the second map.

There’s also an issue (?) with the scheduling bot anyways that defaults matches on 20:30 for some reason when team A has preferred time at 21:15 and team B has it set on 21:00. How does that even make any sense other than piss off the teams who want to play at around 21?

Aoshi

(Legend)
:think:
GRAHAM

Quoted from Bloodis

There’s also an issue (?) with the scheduling bot anyways that defaults matches on 20:30 for some reason when team A has preferred time at 21:15 and team B has it set on 21:00. How does that even make any sense other than piss off the teams who want to play at around 21?

I personally haven’t ever seen a case like that happen. Normally it should only happen in case the timing of teams’ games is 20 and 21 or if there is some specific scenario with the time frames.

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from Aoshi

I personally haven’t ever seen a case like that happen. Normally it should only happen in case the timing of teams’ games is 20 and 21 or if there is some specific scenario with the time frames.

In season 24 I had like 2 cases where the enemy team had said to put 21 flat and then it resulted on the default time being at 20:30 ( http://etf2l.org/matches/65096/http://etf2l.org/matches/64660/ )
Of course just after discussing with them about it with the same exact reason that I stated earlier they were more than fine with scheduling it to 21:15 since they wanted to play good 2 maps before the official.

I’m not sure if you’re able to see the preferred times that the teams have set back then anymore for the specific weeks, but I’d rather trust on the words that the team leaders had said to me back then than what the system would imply.

Aoshi

(Legend)
GRAHAM

Quoted from Bloodis

[…]

In season 24 I had like 2 cases where the enemy team had said to put 21 flat and then it resulted on the default time being at 20:30 ( http://etf2l.org/matches/65096/http://etf2l.org/matches/64660/ )
Of course just after discussing with them about it with the same exact reason that I stated earlier they were more than fine with scheduling it to 21:15 since they wanted to play good 2 maps before the official.

I’m not sure if you’re able to see the preferred times that the teams have set back then anymore for the specific weeks, but I’d rather trust on the words that the team leaders had said to me back then than what the system would imply.

I’ll keep my eye out for it this season and I’ve had team leaders lying to me before because the time didn’t suit them so I’d rather trust what the system tells me.

ash

(Legend)
:D

I am with aoshi on this one, during my tenure I haven’t had that particular system go wrong at all.

That being said, bloodis’ general points still hold true and you’d be wise to heed them.

TimTum

(ETF2L Donator)
-ƒ$-BLAH

Our availability on Tuesday is 20:45 – 21:30 (with 21:15 as preferred time), but our match is at 20:30?
How????

Aoshi

(Legend)
GRAHAM

Because your days dont match a default time gets used. Only if there are matching dates the times get used.

TimTum

(ETF2L Donator)
-ƒ$-BLAH

Ow I thought that in the first week there will always be a team that can play on Tuesday, so there won’t be any problem. But I guess I was wrong.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Unless it has changed, the algorithm still matches teams first (by a rough upper/lower half seeding of the whole tier) and then, for each specific matchup, tries to find a suitable match date.

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Quoted from ash

Unless it has changed, the algorithm still matches teams first (by a rough upper/lower half seeding of the whole tier) and then, for each specific matchup, tries to find a suitable match date.

yes.

Add A Reply Pages: 1