Forum

Analysis of Premiership Highlander Medics in Season 11

Created 22nd November 2016 @ 23:37

Add A Reply Pages: 1

scrambled

(ETF2L Donator)

In light of the best medic in the world, Chronos (185cm), leaving the scene I have started to pay attention to the other medics as I need to find a way to fill the void that Chronos left. It has been an interesting experience looking at the other medics and as such I have written a short analysis of their playstyles and ranked them in order of effectiveness.

Rank 7
Alias: Ace
Height: 180cm
Thoughts: He once ragequit a scrim when I was mercing on a team with him on and we did better as a result.

Rank 6
Alias: MARS^
Height: 191cm
Thoughts: Not just anyone can get carried by Shaggy. You need to be LFT when Budget Toucans are missing a player and, on medic you have to be able to give heals your demoman, which is much more challenging than what the rest of the roster is tasked with.

Rank 5
Alias: Konna
Height:
Thoughts:

Rank 4
Alias: !frag em three en tea three dee!
Thoughts: Really mechanically sound player. Being relatively inexperienced at highlander leaves him lacking gamesense. Luckily for him this isn’t a very big setback in comparison to the other medics so this leaves him in the middle of these rankings.

Rank 3
Alias: b33p
Height: 182cm
Thoughts: The player who undoubtably has the best spy gamesense in the world. b33p shocked the scene when he returned to the game on yet a third class in premiership. After many amazing plays on Pyro and particularly Engineer, it is a breath of fresh life to the scene to have a new medic player with all the gamesense and experience of playing a different class.

Rank 2
Alias: Eniere
Height: 175cm
Thoughts: Needs to work on his awareness of spies and spam to stay alive more, however when compared to other premiership medics these issues are very nitpicky. He is a very good medic aside from those two things so I think this rank is appropriate.

Rank 1
Alias: CeeJaey
Thoughts: Is it to anyone’s surprise that the medic on the best team right now is at the top of this list? CeeJaey is a player that really understands how they fit in to their team (Seal too), which could be one of the many reasons to their successes. Their playstyles often mean that the focus isn’t on some of the other players on their team who are also at the top of the game (alle, stevepander, thalash) which in turn allows the team to really thrive and makes them one of the best teams right now. CeeJaey’s mastery of Highlander has made it so that it doesn’t really matter how many times he’s picked off.

Last edited by scrambled,

drew

-Xe-

budget muuki post tbh

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from drew

budget muuki post tbh

i found this post pretty good until the top2 though >:(

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Agreed. The top 2 thoughts are pretty gimmicky tbh.

Chronos

BMS

I disagree with the order slightly but not vastly. Good for the most part, goes to highlight the quality of the medics in prem, or the lack there of though

scrambled

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Chronos

I disagree with the order slightly but not vastly. Good for the most part, goes to highlight the quality of the medics in prem, or the lack there of though

I struggled to shit talk the good ones :(

Chronos

BMS

Quoted from scrambled

[…]
I struggled to shit talk the good ones :(

The good ones? Sorry, who do you mean?

cherryrendezvous

1: Fragmented 2: Konna 3: Ace 4: Eniere 5: Mars 6: CJ 7: b33p

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from Chronos

[…]

The good ones? Sorry, who do you mean?

The ones who dont kill their team after one lost official

Steve!

S-O

CJ is the best medic I have played with in my career, in large thanks to his attitude. I think everyone has a “best medic” in mind largely based on who they interacted with, rather than their merits on the class.

You can’t judge medics well if all you did was play against them. Keeping the comms tight and the atmosphere good is a huge part of medic in-game, and you’ll only see that if you are on the same team as them

Chronos

BMS

Personally I would have said: Konna, Fragmented, Eniere, CJ/B33p, mars, ace. Ofc this is judging entirely on a medics positioning, heal order, technical ability and the calls of those I have listened to on twitch or in game etc

Last edited by Chronos,

scrambled

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Steve!

CJ is the best medic I have played with in my career, in large thanks to his attitude. I think everyone has a “best medic” in mind largely based on who they interacted with, rather than their merits on the class.

You can’t judge medics well if all you did was play against them. Keeping the comms tight and the atmosphere good is a huge part of medic in-game, and you’ll only see that if you are on the same team as them

i agree hes just so good

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

CJ bought me a beer at i55 after losing every game top medic for sure considering I was about to kill myself

Steve!

S-O

Quoted from sheepy dog's hand

CJ bought me a beer at i55 after losing every game top medic for sure considering I was about to kill myself

Preventing early deaths like any good medic should

Add A Reply Pages: 1