Forum

Overwatch - thoughts ?

Created 3rd May 2016 @ 21:58

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

T-Mac

DA!

Tried to be good at this game but couldn’t,
definitely a good game, but too casual imo
Every character goes the same speed, I didn’t like it.
Basically movements are cancer at the first feel , there might be characters that can go everywhere like genji stuff but idk the feeling is too different than on many FPS’s.

And game modes aren’t built for competitive yet, they need to change.

But yeah you can have fun still, but not a viable game competitively imo.

Similar thoughts to what T-Mac said. Movement is lame coming from TF2 but there’s a lot of cool things you can do with a lot of the characters.

I’m less interested in the competitive side if I’m honest, I’m having a blast playing pubs even when your team of edgy kids all want to be Reaper. Pretty excited to play more and get a good understanding.

Marik

Quoted from byte

I feel like doing a lengthy article on Overwatch and comparison with TF2 and so on just from experience and playing since last November.

Not sure if anyone would care for the thoughts though :P , tl:dr Overwatch is definitely not a substitute for TF2 period.

Cheers

Byte

I think it would be a good thing to do, it’s not easy to grasp the differences from streams alone, and someone actually sharing a pretty extensive experience would be nice for people who are hesitating whether they wanna give it a go or not.

byte

Quoted from Marik

[…]

I think it would be a good thing to do, it’s not easy to grasp the differences from streams alone, and someone actually sharing a pretty extensive experience would be nice for people who are hesitating whether they wanna give it a go or not.

You raise a valuable point, not sure where best to write it, or I’d prefer to talk about it with Sideshow on stream or something would be much easier and quicker to explain to be honest :P

Cheers

Byte

Adrenaline

Quoted from Tseini

Been playing since closed beta phase1.
Pubs are pretty bad but ranked mode is decent (wich open beta doesnt have)
Playing in a team and scrims are much more fun.

Just this.

Selek

Dr. med.

Quoted from byte

[…]

You raise a valuable point, not sure where best to write it, or I’d prefer to talk about it with Sideshow on stream or something would be much easier and quicker to explain to be honest :P

Cheers

Byte

If you decide to go for writing instead of talking, I’m sure either teamfortress.tv, thespire.tv or truetf2.reddit.com would harbour your article.

MoistPenguin

TC

sniping with wallhacks is stupidly easy

Clark

SDCK!

Been playing in a closed beta for a few months, can’t really say it’s a good substitute for team fortress but the characters are fun. Junkrat is probably the closest you’ll get to tf2 in terms of dynamics. Support classes like Lucio are amusing as hell to play as well.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

I cancelled the preorder of the collector’s edition about two months ago based on what I have seen of the game up to that point in streams and gameplay videos (I was not fortunate enoughto gain access to the closed beta) and I must say I am happy that I did. Might try out the open beta this weekend but I can not see Overwatch replace my passion for TF2.

Spycy

TC.Express

http://jepix.fr/images/sanstitrehwmphi.png

MIGHTY BURGER ツ

Quoted from byte

tl:dr Overwatch is definitely not a substitute for TF2 period.

Cheers

Byte

I can’t believe that this still needs to be stated after all those months with streams and showcases :S

kryma

not fun against this stack https://i.gyazo.com/44e08a4d98b899d62466988c45c86450.png

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Tried it the last couple of nights and it seems relatively fun but i’m not convinced it’s got any sticking power for me. Some of the classes are pretty fun to play though, but I think i’ll get more casual mileage out of it than anything competitive. Nice to have something different to break things up with for a bit, but otherwise a bit bland in the longer term.

biskuu

HF!
pizza

Its really uninteresting for me, but I can see it appealing to people that have little to no experience with fps games.

Carlos Kaiser

Well, the game is ok, if I never played TF2 before and was introduced to both games at the same time, I might’ve picked OW.
However transitioning makes no sense to me unless TF2 actually dies.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »