Forum

How does one get recruited?

Created 4th February 2016 @ 11:36

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

shoras

I’ve registered at etf2l in late 2011 but started playing in the league only in early 2014. I’ve always thought I’m not good enough and just played MGE and lobbies. Now after playing this game for 6 years I’ve got over 4.6 k hrs in TF2 and 1.2 k on my main yet I’m still mid.
Don’t be like me, don’t think about in-game hours and other shit and just give it a try.

Last edited by shoras,

dodgydogman

Panda

I wouldnt even join a public server with 12 or less players before I had 3500 hours. It was 7000 hours before I made my etf2l account and 14000 hours before I made a recruitment thread for division 7. At 28000 hours I was shooting rocket at feet but I didnt download mumble until I had 56000 hours. I finally plugged my microphone in with 112000 hours because I knew without the necessary gametime my call outs would be completely useless.

Thank god I finally reached 224000 hours so I could make this comment on etf2l. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6GaPkkGZGw

Last edited by dodgydogman,

spammyh

brew

Quoted from dodgydogman

very funny wall of text

xD

On a serious note, the earlier you’ll start digging comp – the faster you’ll improve (generally speaking)

Last edited by spammyh,

sk00lbaz

Quoted from sorsa

Loveclop has 13k hours.
Ryb has 2k hours.
go figure

Except ryb started playing in 2008 and Steam started counting hours in mid-2009’s…
That’s why every old-school player seem to have relatively low hours
“go figure”

Last edited by sk00lbaz,

Oggy

Haven’t read the whole thread but when I first started playing comp its when the game first came out with a few friends and then we all just came up together from the lower divisions (idk?). But that was hours of pcw and matches and losing lots game after game against better clans and players, also days of pickup after pickup and learning how to be in the right place right time etc etc.

I’m going to have to start all over again now as I’ve been away from the game for so long things have probably moved on and I’ll be super rusty, I’ll probably just do the same again and play lots of pickups merc for any team that needs one and see what where my level is at.

XO -

Quoted from Oggy

Haven’t read the whole thread but when I first started playing comp its when the game first came out with a few friends and then we all just came up together from the lower divisions (idk?). But that was hours of pcw and matches and losing lots game after game against better clans and players, also days of pickup after pickup and learning how to be in the right place right time etc etc.

I’m going to have to start all over again now as I’ve been away from the game for so long things have probably moved on and I’ll be super rusty, I’ll probably just do the same again and play lots of pickups merc for any team that needs one and see what where my level is at.

What oggy you making a comeback :))))))

Oggy

I wouldnt call it a comeback more of playing in my free time and maybe being a backup in a team of some kind :P

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3