Forum

How does one get recruited?

Created 4th February 2016 @ 11:36

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

GamingAardvark

I’ve been through other applications and everyone seems to have been in hundreds of teams before. Me, however, have never been in a team even after 500+ hours of playing TF2. No-one seems to be messaging me or replying, so, is there a starter’s league/team that doesn’t require team experience? Also, post on my profile if your interested in recruiting :P
steamcommunity.com/id/thegamingaardvark

Thanks,
GamingAardvark

MoistPenguin

TC

1. Apply for Open, this is the division for new players

2. Pick one, maybe two classes you are willing to play.

3. if you want to play 6v6 don’t put spy or sniper on the rec post, if you want to play those classes look for a HL team

4. Play some lobbies on https://tf2center.com/lobbies, this will help you gain experience in comp tf2 in general as well as helping you choose a class. Before hand I recommend you either go in with a friend who has played comp before or watch some guides to the class you want to play. This will make your first few lobbies a lot smoother, also don’t start with medic.

5. Put “LFT Open” at the end of your name, this will let people know that you are looking for a team and people in lobbies/pubs/whatever might decide to pick you up. This is how I found my first team.

6. finally be patient, the next season starts in march for highlander and 6v6 has just started so most 6v6 teams have a full roster and aren’t looking and most highlander teams aren’t looking for players yet as the season isn’t going to start for a month at the least.

TimTum

(ETF2L Donator)
-ƒ$-BLAH

Quoted from MoistPenguin

Nobody messaged you because in your recruitment post you are looking for a high team (http://etf2l.org/recruitment/224645/).

You didn’t tell him to look for teams himself…

Assume everybody is lazy, socially inept, or whatever. For whatever reason a team leader does not wish to go to the effort of adding people and will prefer people come to them.

So go to http://etf2l.org/recruitment/teams/ organise it via gamemode and the division (OPEN) you’re looking for. Find the team leader via going to their team profile, then their player profile and it has a steam id button on there.

adysky

http://i.imgur.com/Yi2u6OJ.png
Someone put a lot of effort into making this one, please go check it out

NeuTronas

http://etf2l.org/recruitment/teams/ – Check open teams you want to join, add their leaders and ask to trial for their team.
It’s very difficult to find the very first team because people who plays competitive doesn’t know you yet.

Last edited by NeuTronas,

zombie

I don’t want to look mean or something but 500 hours is not even close enough to play in competetive. Even Ugc iron. It took me 3500 hours played to realize that it’s time to upgrade my skill level and get into serious stuff like competetive. So here’s my conclusion: get 1k at least then ask yourself twice if you are ready for it.

GamingAardvark

Quoted from MoistPenguin

2. Pick one, maybe two classes you are willing to play.

3. if you want to play 6v6 dont put spy or sniper on the rec post, if you want to plat those classes look fro a HL team

4. Play some lobbies on https://tf2center.com/lobbies, this will help you gain experiance in comp tf2 in general as well as helping you choose a class. Before hand I recommend you either go in with a friend who has played comp before or watch some guides to the class you want to play. This will make your first few lobbies a lot smoother, also dont start with medic.

5. Put “LFT Open” at the end of your name, this will let people know that you are looking for a team and people in lobbies/pubs/whatever might decide to pick you up. This is how I found my first team.

6. finally be patient, the next season starts in march for highlander and 6v6 has just started so most 6v6 teams have a full roster and arent looking and most highlander teams arent looking for players yet as the season isnt going to start for a month at the least.

Thanks for that!

Popcorp

Quoted from zombie

I don’t want to look mean or something but 500 hours is not even close enough to play in competetive. Even Ugc iron. It took me 3500 hours played to realize that it’s time to upgrade my skill level and get into serious stuff like competetive. So here’s my conclusion: get 1k at least then ask yourself twice if you are ready for it.

Hours don’t matter, I started playing competitive when I had about 600 hours, others might’ve started with low hours as well. The earlier you get that experience, the better.

sorsa

mooz

same

zombie

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

Hours don’t matter, I started playing competitive when I had about 600 hours, others might’ve started with low hours as well. The earlier you get that experience, the better.

Hours do matter. It’s an experience after all, the more you’ve got – the better you are.

Last edited by zombie,

sorsa

mooz

Loveclop has 13k hours.
Ryb has 2k hours.
go figure

Useless

TC.Noobas

Quoted from zombie

[…]
Hours do matter. It’s an experience after all, the more you’ve got – the better you are.

Hours only matter if you put them in the right place.

profix

FLANK

Quoted from zombie

[…]

If you use the time to improve (e.g. play DM or pickups, etc.) then that time matters. If you jerk off on a pub for thousands of hours nobody should care.

edit: should have read useless’ response properly

Last edited by profix,

Quoted from zombie

BS i’m 11k and horrible, and i spend some time mentoring a rl friend who got into the game through me clocking at 500 hours and he outperforms UGC silver/gold people on a few classes, with some direction. Some people just have innate talent, or gamesense from playing other FPS’es…

cute avvie though~

Last edited by Sacrilege,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »