Forum

tf_dropped_weapon_lifetime

Created 1st February 2016 @ 18:52

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Popcorp

http://etf2l.org/2016/01/26/season-23-powered-by-tt-esports-config-update/

“tf_dropped_weapon_lifetime” = “30”
game cheat

Command doesnt work while sv_cheats is 0, so its a pointless command to have in etf2l config, re-introduce weapon pickup ban and highlight it properly. Althought I don’t see any reason to ban all weapon pickups, but whatever, just etf2l things I suppose.
Just my 2 cents :^)

Last edited by Popcorp,

Thanks, sent a mail out to see if it can be changed

Setlet

Quoted from Popcorp

Althought I don’t see any reason to ban all weapon pickups, but whatever, just etf2l things I suppose.

Guys lets have another argument about this

Funs

Quoted from Setlet

Guys lets have another argument about this

weapon pick ups are stupid and should be banned

4hp

medigun pickups are awful for the game but I can’t see it being a big deal for other weapons. The only thing that concerns me is that in lower div games it might not be obvious for players that the enemy is breaking the rules (people are not necessarily good at counting ubers), and they might end up shafted without even knowing.

LaMqTa

fenneks

sm_cvar tf_dropped_weapon_lifetime “0”

Using Sourcemod but it works. Should work on most serveme.tf servers i suppose!

Popcorp

Sourcemod cvars should be part of ETF2L’s config, since not everyone might use Sourcemod on their own servers.

Steve!

S-O

Quoted from Popcorp

http://etf2l.org/2016/01/26/season-23-powered-by-tt-esports-config-update/

“tf_dropped_weapon_lifetime” = “30”
game cheat

Command doesnt work while sv_cheats is 0, so its a pointless command to have in etf2l config, re-introduce weapon pickup ban and highlight it properly. Although I don’t see any reason to ban all weapon pickups, but whatever, just etf2l things I suppose.

Weapon pickups are still in the rules, see 2.2 in season 23 rules.

Can’t enforce source mod on all servers.

Banning all weapon pickups is probably overkill indeed. Being able to pick up weapons doesn’t do crap anyway though, either, and having them disabled in the config saves admins a TON of work, because we have to watch a full demo whenever a report of a weapon being picked up gets through.

Popcorp

Weapon pickup is a great feature that some people underestimate. One of the good strategies that can be executed with it, is to rollout as a Soldier with a Rocket Jumper and a Shotgun, do fastest rollout, kill the Demo and wait until your or enemy Soldier dies and pick up his Rocket Launcher.

Other situation is where you’re running out of ammo and don’t have time to go for the ammo pack, so you pick up dropped weapon to get your ammo, which actually happened to me during the official where I had to pickup a weapon to get my ammo back, but I soon realised that the weapon pickup is banned so I quickly suicided. :^)

The problem with weapon pickup system is that not everyone knows how to properly use it in right situations, if lets say on Badlands enemy Demo runs Quickiebomb launcher and your Demo runs stock, you win Mid fight, your Demo survives and you want to execute the strat with removing stickies on Last point and having Soldier(s)/Scout(s) rushing it, well you can do it if you pick up enemy Demo’s Quickiebomb launcher instead of going back to spawn, which saves plenty of time and gives a nice element of surprise, overall making game much more interesting.

Tf2 team is trying to introduce more interesting (and borrowed) elements into this game and competitive (at least EU) scene is just showing a big middle finger to them, which is a complete joke from our side in my opinion, just allow it, it never hurt anyone.

And if someone is accusing someone for a Medigun pickup, just tell player who reported the enemy to watch Pov/STV demo by himself and tell the tick of the demo, so admins know where to look, if they wont bother doing it, then it’s their problem, if they really want enemy team to get a warning or if they want a default win for a rule break, its up to them to check everything.

Last edited by Popcorp,

doks

It is way easier to ban all, than to allow some pickup and some not. Since medigun pickup is absolutely horrible for the game mode.

And that is the worst system i can imagine… to have it be “alright” if the enemy team doesn`t think to request the demo. No witness no crime eh ? THAT IS DUMB

“want enemy team to get a warning or if they want a default win for a rule break, its up to them to check everything.” Thats like telling professional athletes to do doping tests on their competition.. and if they don`t its their fault for letting someone else do doping. GENIUS.

Last edited by doks,

AnAkkk

Quoted from Steve!

[…]

Weapon pickups are still in the rules, see 2.2 in season 23 rules.

Can’t enforce source mod on all servers.

Well, you could enforce TFTrue on all servers. For example ESL has always enforced their server plugin on all CSS servers and it’s been done on many other games.

I could remove the cheat flag in TFTrue from that cvar if it’s needed.

Selek

Dr. med.

I disagree with enforcing this variable. Disallow Medigun pickups in the rules and all is good.

We are potentially missing a lot of gameplay options. There are 9 * 3 = 27 potential weapon slot swaps (not counting cross-class swaps) and we don’t want ONE to happen. Looks a lot like overkill to me.

ninya

Team

I don’t have a problem with weapon pickups myself

What would be ideal if valve introduced a new cvar which disabled dropped medi guns from retaining uber percentage.

4hp

Quoted from ninya

What would be ideal if valve introduced a new cvar which disabled dropped medi guns from retaining uber percentage.

Or even better, fix their game so they never retain uber %, that’s the real answer.

Add A Reply Pages: 1