Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Fuxx

[…]

u wot m8

I’m not talking down 100 in the last season. It’s the same as last season. But it’s steadily gone down. Season 18/19/20 and seasons before had 100 more,. TF2 isn’t dead though.

Popcorp

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

Blaming the quality of the teams on the system? If you didn’t notice the signups are down 100+ what they used to be, means there are less good teams. Nothing to do with the system at all.

Yes I am blaming the system, because in comparison to an old system, teams were actually trying much harder to get into higher divisions, now Im looking at some High teams and just dont have any words what to say…After season 20, the skill ceiling of High has dropped, you dont have to tryhard to get into High, you just sign up for High tier and you’re basically in.

And the amount of signups could’ve been higher if ETF2L actually had any sort of PR, even UGC is better at advertising their League than ETF2L, what? nobody from Admins could bother themselves to contact Tf2 Team to put a news post on their blog about Season 23? Im not saying that League is dying, but the lack of advertisement and actual rewards really shows how unprofessional this league is. And dont give me the “Then sign up for an Admin spot and do everything what you just said” crap, if none of our 10 admins can send a simple e-mail to Tf2 Team then its just sad…

Dange

Quoted from Popcorp

Half of high is a huge joke, you dont even need screenshots anymore to get into High, Divs were better because you actually had to tryhard in order to get into div 1 or 2, now its just a huge joke. Thx for shitty swiss system and medals ETF2L.

There are now more teams in High than before in div1-2. At least from seasons 15 to 19 there was 8 teams in div1 and 16 teams in div2 (season 17 only 8 teams), and nowadays there is usually around 30 teams in High. It used to be harder to get in div1 or div2 just because you needed 7 more teams to fill up the table with your team.

Nowadays most people don’t take finishing in the middle of High as an accomplishment (well, it’s something). It used to mean that you were top div2, and the winner medals meant something to some people. Now you’re just in the middle of even bigger group of teams. But the current system shows better how your team compares to ALL of the teams in high, before other tables could have been easier and it didn’t properly represent the skill level of the teams.

Popcorp are you stupid. Signups going down will make it easier to go into the division you choose, it’s not the systems fault. It is just as easy as before to go where you want except before you needed exactly enough for groups so some teams would miss out.

Secondly, advertising on teamfortress blog xd that hasn’t happened before for any league afaik. ETF2L has had as much advertising as it has ever had so maybe TF2 just isn’t as fun for people nowadays but I mean, your train of thought obviously blames the admins because what else could it be!

On topic weebs in high smh

Also maps???

Popcorp

Quoted from Tomu

Secondly, advertising on teamfortress blog xd that hasn’t happened before for any league afaik

http://www.teamfortress.com/?tab=news

Scoll down. And Im not saying its going to boost signups to 500 or 600, but it’s still has to be done to keep spreading news about the league, last news post about ETF2L was in April 2015 when they advertised season 21, who knows how many new players came into Tf2 since then, some of them could be interested in playing competitive.

Last edited by Popcorp,

Useless

TC.Noobas

Popcorp #1 spewer of shit on the forums.

Sure it is easier to get into the high division because it is a mash of two divisions. But it still take the same effort to win, if not more effort now due to play-offs.

RTC

Ultimately, I think the reason High seems to not be as strong as it was a few seasons ago is because the best of High have moved onto Prem, leaving spots open for the top of Mid. This indirectly causes the medium-tier teams in High last season to be in a much better position to reach playoffs.

It’s also sad that I have to point this out as it should seem obvious, but both players and teams improve. People are so quick to denounce teams for even attempting to try a higher division, when playing against better players is often a learning experience and provides additional incentive to improve. Sure, you’ll get your single digit scoring teams in leagues, but why should you care about that unless you’re on that team?

AB

people who weren’t as good a year ago are better now, just because you still have that year old image of them in your head where they were garbage doesn’t mean they’re still at that level now. players improve over time, get over it.

Last edited by AB,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Players improve, but they also do this: http://www.gosugamers.net/overwatch/teams/13960-sg-1

Fallow period before matchmaking kicks in, I wouldn’t sweat it.

Phnx

I can only spot like 4 high teams that don’t deserve to be there, not worse than the past few seasons.
and mid seems to have pretty good teams.
except for animate, they are fucking shit place them in open!

Hallow

P.O.P

didn’t someone try to attribute a decline in signups to the swiss system last year and when they did the admins went “they’re always low this time of year”. I much prefer the swiss system to be honest, but is it not worth considering that the system really is the cause of the decline?

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

Yes I am blaming the system, because in comparison to an old system, teams were actually trying much harder to get into higher divisions, now Im looking at some High teams and just dont have any words what to say…After season 20, the skill ceiling of High has dropped, you dont have to tryhard to get into High, you just sign up for High tier and you’re basically in.

And the amount of signups could’ve been higher if ETF2L actually had any sort of PR, even UGC is better at advertising their League than ETF2L, what? nobody from Admins could bother themselves to contact Tf2 Team to put a news post on their blog about Season 23? Im not saying that League is dying, but the lack of advertisement and actual rewards really shows how unprofessional this league is. And dont give me the “Then sign up for an Admin spot and do everything what you just said” crap, if none of our 10 admins can send a simple e-mail to Tf2 Team then its just sad…

How on earth can you say teams were trying harder before? Anything to back that up because it sounds like something you just convinced yourself was true. Suddenly no one wants to win anymore? I don’t get it. Yes, the skill ceiling probably has dropped, because there are nearly 33% less teams. It’s pretty simple really. I can’t talk about the way it’s done currently, but it’s not “sign up for high as you’re in” – if a new team or a team that clearly doesn’t belong there signs up they won’t be placed in it.

PR has always been an issue yes, but this is completely irrelevant to the swiss system. PR was always an issue even when we had the highest amount of signups back in the days. The “don’t give me sign up for admin” excuse is nearly as bad as the “sign up for admin” excuse, I am not going to spout retarded shit like that because it’s dumb as fuck.

An unprofessional free to play TF2 league run by community members with only 300-350 total teams? Wow, that’s a huge surprise.

Quoted from Hallow

didn’t someone try to attribute a decline in signups to the swiss system last year and when they did the admins went “they’re always low this time of year”. I much prefer the swiss system to be honest, but is it not worth considering that the system really is the cause of the decline?

The signups have fluctuated in the past, I don’t see as a major point of concern. And as the main person pushing through the swiss system, I can’t believe that for a second when every other league uses it and I can’t think of a single reason why it would decrease the numbers.

wonder

MAGDONAL

Quoted from fkp

high is a joke

High was always a joke because you can find there weaker teams like div 3 and stronger like div 1. Bring the divisions back!

tavi

A51

Did animate actually apply for mid though?

wonder

MAGDONAL

Quoted from tavi

Did animate actually apply for mid though?

yes they did, they’are offclassing and are going to play officials only.

Last edited by wonder,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »