Forum

scout limit 1 (soldier limit 3?)

Created 13th December 2015 @ 07:03

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

NeuTronas

It’s true, scout is indeed the most powerful class and can kill any other class 1v1. But changing something like that would be too terrifying , maybe 1 scout and 1 solly limits would be fine

Last edited by NeuTronas,

Setlet

What is this people are talking in etf2l?

hr

Quoted from NeuTronas

It’s true, scout is indeed the most powerful class

Simply not true. Demo is and has always been the most powerful class in the game. The nerf means you can’t be as offensive as demo and the game is dominated by scouts because there are two of them and soldier is a shit class but it’s ridiculous if you think an individual scout can do more than a demo.

I personally think the game has been better since the demoman nerf because now demomen can’t do it all alone and scout certainly is not as ridiculous as people think it is and can’t do it all on it’s own unless you let them pick 1v1s all the time.

The idea of not having 2 scouts is a bad one in my opinion but I’m up for experimentation.

Last edited by hr,

Funs

3 soldiers AHHHHH

Marmite

9 ☆

5v5 with1 scout would be gd

yllen

PANZER

get rid of demoman

spammyh

brew

Hey guys let’s change something that was working for 22 season and noone complained, yeaaaa!

NeuTronas

Quoted from hr

[…]
Demo is and has always been the most powerful class in the game.

Maybe if all enemy team is standing crowded at the same place or for spamming (obv) demoman is better. But dealing damage for a single target – scout’s damage is much more reliable and faster (demo can’t hit as accurate as scout and deal hitscan damage.) 50-80 damage per second from safe distance is actually insane.

Last edited by NeuTronas,

Meeto

There is absolutely no reason to change though, what need would there be for it? 6s class limitations are currently perfect. Why are you assuming Valve are going to use a completely different format compared to one the community has spent years perfecting? If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Lupus

IKEA

Valve thinks 6v6 is stale and 9v9 is exciting.Clearly the development is in the hands of people that know what they are talking about SeemsGood

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from Marmite

5v5 with1 scout would be gd

I think so too. It looks like Valve have already settled on 6v6 (probably copying us). Hard to imagine any version of 6v6 that isn’t worse or the same as what we have now. Which, in my opinion, hasn’t been very good since the demo nerf.

Last edited by fraac,

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from Lupus

Valve thinks 6v6 is stale and 9v9 is exciting.Clearly the development is in the hands of people that know what they are talking about SeemsGood

[citation needed]

fr3fou

Quoted from yllen

get rid of demoman

only white classes in 6s?
racist.

hr

Quoted from NeuTronas

[…]
Maybe if all enemy team is standing crowded at the same place or for spamming (obv) demoman is better. But dealing damage for a single target – scout’s damage is much more reliable and faster (demo can’t hit as accurate as scout and deal hitscan damage.) 50-80 damage per second from safe distance is actually insane.

For 1v1s purely scout is the best now but I’m talking about overall. Overall demo does way more than a single scout if you consider what he does in terms of defense or even in terms of control if not damage in a team fight.

And no a scout cannot do 50-80 damage unless you’ve already let him get to a certain point, once he is there the likelyhood is that you are dead.

Setlet

Scout is the best class to use in any situation except full blown 6v6 fights.

In pickups or lower lever play, scout seem OP because they can punish mistakes easily and get away from bad situations like it’s no problem. Scout is the best 1v1 class in a lot of cases. If your teamwork is scrappy, a scout can get pickoffs. I’ve always wanted the scout to be nerfed, but that’s usually because I put myself in situations where scout has an advantage and I’ve thought it was unfair. This is why you see Loose(r) cannon demomen spamming from afar with full heals in a lot of maps, because demos have finally understood how strong scouts are when you give them an equal ground.

Counters to scout? Play closer to your medic, don’t take risky 1v1s and force the scout to always play 1v2. If you are some reason forced to go 1v1 against a scout, you either played the situation bad or the scout played it well baiting you to take the fight.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »