Forum

suggestion for aspiring 9v9 professionals

Created 9th October 2015 @ 00:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 9 Next »

adysky

Quoted from san alex

I heard Bureau beat fair enough, WASP, Experiment etc They should do well in high
( ° ʖ °)

oh look my team finaly beat this low prem team in 7th try with 4 mercs, might as well go prem amiright?

i havent actualy checked logs, its supposed to be a joke. but from what others are saying it seems to be true ??

Last edited by adysky,

RTC

Here’s the thing though: 2 seasons ago, Bureau were a relatively mediocre Open team. Now, they’re in a position to actually have a good chance of qualifying for Prem, which is obviously going to ruffle feathers because people naturally don’t like upstarts, especially those who reach positions before them in less time. Just look at the backlash Graba got in Season 21.

Last season, had Bureau beaten Strong Opinions on Steel, they would have qualified for the playoffs. They would have been smashed by MEGA (who wouldn’t have been smashed by MEGA in High?), but they’d likely be in the position SO are, since all the other top 4 teams of High folded.

Will they do well in Prem if they reach there? I can confidentially say No. But I can also say that about every team vying for Prem qualification with the exception of Strong Opinions with even more confidence.

Nik

MEGA$$

Quoted from RTC

… (who wouldn’t have been smashed by MEGA in High?), …

everyone that had something related to TC in their name

fuck

CeeJaey

(The MvM Guy)
:think:
S-O

Quoted from Popcorp

Prem teams LF players:

Chess: Needs Solly/Scout or Sniper (Chewid and Cake?)
Stacked: Medic (Pothenar?)
Fair Enough: Pyro (Goreston/Skyro?)
Strong Opinions: None
Highpander: Pyro (Goreston?)
WASP: None

2 Spots for Prem are still available, The Experiment might take it (assuming they don’t fold due to their constantly changing roster) and some UKIP tier team to take 8th spot or the one I suggested above Kappa.

You’re forgetting Unpoppable, who beat Mad? in the relegation playoff, therefore keeping their spot in Prem. From what I’ve heard (ie, when I spoke to Maxx a couple of weeks ago) they’re not folding.

Nik

MEGA$$

also about the entire bureau thing

nik: i really want to post what i’ve always said about them for a long time
nik: bureau’s entire existance is literally based on luck

quintosh

wL.

we dont need any players wtf?

Chronos

BMS

Why was I not invited to the shit talk my team thread? Bunch of open scrubs imo, probably be decent in high next season. Still missing players too, what a load of noobs.

As for kaneco and ATX, neither of the logs posted have been against anything close to our full team , with numerous subs and mercs in both.

As for my opinion on what I want my team to do, I think the mains we’ve got on board are top guys are really very good at tf2 and have prem ability. However with missing mains on a couple of key classes, I’m not sure if we will be able to go prem. I wouldn’t even consider it if I didn’t think us capable of regularly beating the bottom half of prem anyway. I’m sure other teams think themselves more capable and will take the remaining spots in bottom half of prem :)

Quoted from Nik

Also, this interested me the most. Why is the team’s existence based purely on luck? I made the team and I don’t know this so please enlighten me :)

Toast

WEED
S-O

Quoted from Nik

haha, what are you talking about nik! ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited by Toast,

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from CeeJaey

[…]
You’re forgetting Unpoppable, who beat Mad? in the relegation playoff, therefore keeping their spot in Prem. From what I’ve heard (ie, when I spoke to Maxx a couple of weeks ago) they’re not folding.

From that same official:
http://etf2l.org/wp-content/uploads/screenshots/2015/06/23827518331027475.jpg
Shadowburn carrying + Mr Epic merc and they still had to go 3 maps.
Respect to Upp but let’s not forget these fine details

Shadowburn left but Shyyou just got picked up so we’ll see how it goes for them.

Nik

MEGA$$

Quoted from Toast

[…]

haha, what are you talking about nik! ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

i dont know dude u tell me pls enlighten me XD ( ° ʖ °)

skyro

#SaveMelee

The reason why people don’t make a new highlander team is that most players aren’t willing to commit/don’t have time to commit to leading a new 9 man squad, all of which have expectations set for themselves as a goal, meaning that if it doesn’t work in scrims or at the start of the season the stability of the team becomes increasingly volatile.

A lot of people see this coming and don’t want to go through all of that horsecrap, and would rather join an already formed team instead.

On top of that, joining an established team raises your chance of success, because those teams have played together already and all you need to do is slightly mesh your playstyle and you’re on track to a nice season, lest your team sucked to begin with.

There are also those who just outright prefer to join a team regardless of time constraints or lack of will to lead, such as myself.

Last edited by skyro,

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

fuck you all totally missed my point of making a shitpost about how most of you aren’t even prem and no prem team will pick you up just because you put a rec post saying “prem” up on etf2l and youj should actually see some effort to becoming better at the game instead of e xpecting a spot on chess/highpander without any commiitment or proof of your skill

olBaa

Quoted from Muuki

fuck you all totally missed my point of making a shitpost about how most of you aren’t even prem and no prem team will pick you up just because you put a rec post saying “prem” up on etf2l and youj should actually see some effort to becoming better at the game instead of e xpecting a spot on chess/highpander without any commiitment or proof of your skill

didnt pander pick you up when you was div2 nerd?

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from olBaa

[…]

considering i’ve never played on this team, no, i’ve rosterrode once bnut that was after playing 2 seasons in prem :^)

EmilioEstevez

GG

Quoted from olBaa

[…]

no IAG picked him up when he was a div3 nerd

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 9 Next »