Forum

Nations Cup

Created 17th June 2015 @ 15:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

Fuxx

REMOVE

It’s just a cup, what’s the real reason behind not doing it?
Insufficient admin man hours?
Insufficient prizes to give away?

Regardless of the reason I have to criticize the lack of attention. Nations cup imho should be the most anticipated cup in ETF2L and have a big fuss made around it with lots of coverage, but the whole thing just kind of comes and goes. Bit pathetic if it’s true that 6s NC wont even be announced.

wonder

MAGDONAL

Quoted from Popcorp

The only top 8 countries that can compete in 6v6 NC are:

Sweden, England, Germany, France, Russia, Finland, Denmark (aka LEGO) and USA (if they give a shit)

It’s true, so just organize 6v6 NC between those 8 nations and you will save up a lot of time for yourself. I don’t want to be rude, but we all know that the majority of prem 6v6 players come from those first 7 countries, leaving all other unmentioned countries getting rolled, so you might as well just make separate tables for Top (mentioned above) National teams and Bottom, unmentioned ones, to make it more interesting…

top 8 in last NC: France, England, Lithuania, Germany, Poland, Denmark, Finland, Sweden

It works fine for me xD

Limp.

EPA

Damn HL kids no respect for the dead, just let TF2 rest in peace.

cirlo

cirlo

seeing how attached we are to the NC and that admins -becouse of lack of time or desire or whatever- can’t organise it, why don’t we try to team up and come out with a NC made and organised by all the nations? We can use TF.TV as a launchpad from where we can start.

letto

Quoted from san alex

I think you guys didnt get the idea of a nations cup, I never saw a sport where they put the best national teams in one cup and the worse in a different cup.

Last year Iceland did a really good cup for example. Portugal reached semifinals once in a ESL nations cup too. Having all teams in the same cup makes things more interesting in my opinion.

exactly, it’s the whole point of the nations cup to include every nation

Josh

ez
LEGO

Can we have a serious response from the admins regarding this or is it just gonna go by and people are gonna focus on hl s9 and Deutschlan?

taube

BWB

Quoted from Josh

Can we have a serious response from the admins regarding this or is it just gonna go by and people are gonna focus on hl s9 and Deutschlan?

They still need to finish s8 though

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Its bullshit to have a hl nations cup and not a 6v6 nations cup

atomic-

It actually makes sense since we’ve got 3 6v6 seasons + iseries and only 2 hl seasons per year. Hosting another 6s nations cup would make it difficult for top players to compete in it since they’re busy with preparation for both insomnia and s21 playoffs.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

I think having the Nations Cup less often would make it more prestigious, currently it’s usually the same players (roughly) for each country each year. It’s not as interesting if you do it every year in my opinion. Add in the fact that the majority of players who would be in the top 6v6NC teams are busy practicing for i55, I’m sure they aren’t too disappointed.

Also a reminder that Highlander has less seasons per year than 6v6.

kryma

ty for the cup 6s fangays

Fuxx

REMOVE

I can live with that actually.

cirlo

cirlo

Then i hope they’ll move the 6v6 NC during the winter time. So insomnia and hl won’t overlap.

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

why did the topic turn into an equality war between 6v6 and highlander

6v6 was the only and/or main gamemode on etf2l for many many years, highlander should be the only league now so everything will be fair

Last edited by cmd,

taube

BWB

Quoted from cirlo

Then i hope they’ll move the 6v6 NC during the winter time. So insomnia and hl won’t overlap.

or if we just do what permzilla recommended, make 6v6 NC less times, thus making them more hyped and more interesting to watch. We could also do 6v6 NC one year, HL NC the other one, and repeat the process.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »