Forum

Season 8 prizes still to be announced?

Created 25th May 2015 @ 14:13

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Sabesaroo

11/9
COGU

Isn’t the season over? Taking a long time to announce them. Are there going to be any at all?

The prize pool was too confusing and challenging for new players.

Popcorp

Quoted from kKaltUu

The prize pool was too confusing and challenging for new players.

http://i.imgur.com/7h16sme.gif

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Don’t think there will be prizes.

Bloodyyy

(Weeaboo Nerd)
(XD ͜ʖXD)

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

http://i.imgur.com/7h16sme.gif

inso

itsallgood

Quoted from Hildreth

Not surpsing at all. Permzilla was the only competent admin and now that he’s gone there are none ayyyyyy

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Not a big deal, it’d be nice but missing out on winning £20 isn’t anything I lose sleep over.

inso

itsallgood

Quoted from Hildreth

Not a big deal, it’d be nice but missing out on winning £20 isn’t anything I lose sleep over.

Yeah i don’t mind too much either but it would have been nice seeing the admins actually take initiative for once and try to do something like the fundraiser they did for 6s but for HL instead. I mean there were more prizes for the one night sunshine cup than the entire HL S8. Pretty sad if you ask me

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from inso

[…]

Yeah i don’t mind too much either but it would have been nice seeing the admins actually take initiative for once and try to do something like the fundraiser they did for 6s but for HL instead. I mean there were more prizes for the one night sunshine cup than the entire HL S8. Pretty sad if you ask me

Oh I agree, never being able to announce prizes before/as signups begin isn’t good for the promotion of each season.

But to me prizes are a luxury, a little bonus to this hobby we all enjoy. If we paid/subscribed to something, I’d expect it to be done professionally but since we don’t I don’t mind too much.

Sabesaroo

11/9
COGU

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

Oh I agree, never being able to announce prizes before/as signups begin isn’t good for the promotion of each season.

But to me prizes are a luxury, a little bonus to this hobby we all enjoy. If we paid/subscribed to something, I’d expect it to be done professionally but since we don’t I don’t mind too much.

I agree but they did say there were going to be prizes. Saying prizes are going to be announced later on and then remain silent until after the end of a season is not great.

The Archimedes cup had a huge prizepool for TF2, where’s all of that gone? Seems strange to give money to Div 6 players and then stop for a real season.

Last edited by Sabesaroo,

Archimedes cup was paid in full by geel9 / scrap.tf and was set up by TF2Center. ETF2L hosted the cup because we have the infrastructure for it.

If you haven’t noticed, every season we spend a minimum of 1k euros. How much are you paying to play your matches in the league?

Bulow

GG

This would never have happened if Permzilla was still in charge.

Nik

MEGA$$

Quoted from kKaltUu

Archimedes cup was paid in full by geel9 / scrap.tf and was set up by TF2Center. ETF2L hosted the cup because we have the infrastructure for it.

If you haven’t noticed, every season we spend a minimum of 1k euros. How much are you paying to play your matches in the league?

We are not paying anything to play in this league, does that mean that certain things can be left unnoted? No.
There’s a fresh team of admins that just rolled in, and then there’s you as the veteran admins – Combine your powers, listen to the community and get some showmatches, fundraisers, PR, and other stuff that raises attention going.

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

Quoted from Hildreth

If you consider 1000€ no prizes then yes.

Quoted from inso

I mean there were more prizes for the one night sunshine cup than the entire HL S8.

Keys and killstreak kits must have gone up in their prices by a lot if a couple of them are worth more than 1000€.

Quoted from Sabesaroo

I agree but they did say there were going to be prizes. Saying prizes are going to be announced later on and then remain silent until after the end of a season is not great.

Later is a not closer specified term, also the season isnt over until the wrap up post.

CHERRY

So who gets the money?
Winners or can I apply for a vote?

Last edited by CHERRY,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »