Forum

Newcomer Guides

Created 7th May 2015 @ 12:33

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

VanguardDLK

lolhl

I’m fairly neutral on what’s being discussed here apart from agreeing that a direct link on the frontpage is unnecessary clutter, but just throwing two pence in.

Maybe a compromise somewhere between the two and we add “New to competitive? Check the Help tab on the top bar for newcomer guides to 6v6 and Highlander!” or something similar to the bold text at the top of the page where it talks about current season events e.g. roster locks, just for a while? Until the season starts maybe? I mean it’s minimal space taken up and I would imagine, thinking from a newbie perspective, most people visiting the site for the first time would be more likely to look at the “main content” of the homepage before they check the tabs on the top bar so they’d be quite likely to see the bold text (/text in the blue box on the beta site design) fairly quickly.

Maybe even that’s unnecessary honestly, but it also could make things a touch easier for the new people coming in I suppose.

Hank

FAINT

no need to change anything, why change something that is already working?

Coolbeans

TC

Perhaps when you hover overthe recruitment tooltip a “how to make a recruitment post” page could drop down? Like when you hover over the news section and it gives you the option of going to news archives.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2