Forum

ETF2L Entry Fee

Created 31st January 2015 @ 17:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

In my mind (obviously ETF2L is run under different people with different ambitions) forcing a cash payment is just a terrible idea. It works for ESEA because they are a company and they take the profits, its better for them that way than having a free league and getting no profit.

Anyone who thinks forcing payment won’t drop the numbers off, you just need to look at ESEA/UGC NA signups. Obviously it depends on how much you charge, but it’s a HUGE risk.

We are non-profitable, if we were to force payment we would have to become profitable to compensate for the lack of teams participating – there’s literally no other reason to force payment because otherwise you’d just be cutting your playerbase.

There are other ways of taking payment which would be more suited for ETF2L:

1. Donations a-la Season 20 which we will see how it works but in my opinion is not sustainable long term (it could last for a few seasons)
2. Forcing in-game payments of keys/refined for each team, which would not drop as many players/teams as forcing cash payments.
3. Pay-to-win – offer cash prizes but you’re only elligible to win them by paying to play. Teams can not pay if they want, but they won’t win any cash prizes.

We have tried 1) this season, lets see how it goes.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Fundraiser is probably better anyway. From each according to his ability, etc.

RTC

Quoted from smziii

[…]

highly doubt that

Access to free services such as TF2Center and TF2Pickup will remain, as well as players freely being able to create a team to scrim other teams and participate in other leagues, so why should newer players have the incentive to begin taking part in pay-to-play competitions if they are free alternatives? Certain veterans will be stingy to pay up also, which will result in ETF2L losing a significant amount of numbers.

I’m not saying everyone won’t pay up, but donations are simply a far better system of generating profit as opposed to forcing payment out of every participant.

Last edited by RTC,

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from RTC

[…]

Access to free services such as TF2Center and TF2Pickup will remain, as well as players freely being able to create a team to scrim other teams and participate in other leagues, so why should newer players have the incentive to begin taking part in pay-to-play competitions if they are free alternatives? Certain veterans will be stingy to pay up also, which will result in ETF2L losing a significant amount of numbers.

I’m not saying everyone won’t pay up, but donations are simply a far better system of generating profit as opposed to forcing payment out of every participant.

you say other leagues? in europe?

PS: i dont think pay to play is an option for etf2l but the reasoning why people wouldnt pay is kinda off imo

Last edited by smziii,

AB

Quoted from smziii

[…]

you say other leagues? in europe?

poeple in na who don’t want to play esea tend to play ugc. I don’t see why it would be any different for some in europe if etf2l had a significant entry fee as well.

Last edited by AB,

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from AB

[…]

poeple in na who don’t want to play esea tend to play ugc. I don’t see why it would be any different for some in europe if etf2l had a significant entry fee as well.

do we have any other leagues in europe? do we actually have the choice?

PS ugc is a pisstake might aswell play lobby

Last edited by smziii,

haris

FLANK

I dont really think Entry fee needs to be applied. I mean, what ETF2L is doing now is completely fine and suitable. Donate if you want, nothing forced. Get some perks in return. I like that.

Zafus

BRIT

Quoted from haris

I dont really think Entry fee needs to be applied. I mean, what ETF2L is doing now is completely fine and suitable. Donate if you want, nothing forced. Get some perks in return. I like that.

Where is the subtle donate button?
I would like to donate, but I am guessing you have to go on the IRC, to contact an admin and trade them, or does ETF2L have a trade bot?

Popcorp

I like Permzilla’s “Pay-to-win” suggestion, would be nice to add such thing, it won’t harm anyone.

AB

Quoted from Zafus

[…]

Where is the subtle donate button?
I would like to donate, but I am guessing you have to go on the IRC, to contact an admin and trade them, or does ETF2L have a trade bot?

http://etf2l.org/2015/01/20/season-20-powered-by-tt-esports-community-fundraiser-maps/

under item donations

haris

FLANK

Quoted from AB

[…]

http://etf2l.org/2015/01/20/season-20-powered-by-tt-esports-community-fundraiser-maps/

under item donations

there you go. ! :)

Zafus

BRIT

Quoted from AB

[…]

under item donations

Cheers, I’ll drop some metal over once the Steam API has updated.

fkp

i can donate every item which will dropped, also, if this season will not okay for me, i’ll give all my backpack (there’s some expensive items). sorry for my terrible english.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Popcorp

I like Permzilla’s “Pay-to-win” suggestion, would be nice to add such thing, it won’t harm anyone.

it’s gonna look retarded when only the 2 top seeds are gonna donate and we are gonna have a prizepool of 20 euro

CHERRY

Quoted from Phnx

[…]
you are ignoring most jews that are not willing to spent a penny for the game8)

You’ve obviously never talked to Jacky :D

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »