Forum

ETF2L Entry Fee

Created 31st January 2015 @ 17:06

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Zafus

BRIT

Why doesn’t ETF2L have an entry fee?
If it struggles for donations or funding, why doesn’t the community contribute by simply playing?

I would gladly pay one or three refined to play in ETF2L for 6v6, same applies for 9v9; even if I didn’t see a prize pool in my division.

Maincall has a one refined per player as an entry fee – albiet a completely different thing as they have only hosted cups (so far).

The cost wouldn’t have to be too substantial – maybe a refined metal two per player?
You can easily collect a refined between seasons just from item drops in TF2.

Given the ease of obtaining the metal and number of signups for S20 (295 teams, potentially more?) it could have been a significant donation, provided people would be willing to shed with one or more refined.

According to Woolen one refined is presently valued at around $00.15 cents:
295T * 6R * $00.15 = $265.50 / 235 EUR.
Where T are the number of teams and R is refined.
This is given every team has 1 player per class and no substitutes.

I think it’s a great deal for what you get – a service provided and shiny medals at the end of it all, even if you only participate.

Last edited by Zafus,

quintosh

wL.

.15 cents? oh shit

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

or why not just make it 5 euros per player instead of the 3 refined trading nerdgasm?

shoras

Quoted from smziii

or why not just make it 5 euros per player instead of the 3 refined trading nerdgasm?

Because 5 Euros is too much for a league that was free since the very beginning imo.

Last edited by shoras,

Zafus

BRIT

Quoted from smziii

Refined trading would be easier for the sake of automation, with a trade bot.

ondkaja

IKEA

Winner of prem gets 1800 refineds hfhf

hr

For 15 cents or whatever it doesn’t seem worthwhile. If you made it a key a player it might make some sense and make it easier to convert it into prizes or whatever because I’m assuming you won’t just give a million ref to the winners and you buy hats with keys right?

Also a lot of people would be uncomfortable using paypal or something so making it an in game currency would make a lot of sense and a key isn’t really a stretch for a whole season for most people I’d imagine.

san alex

Quoted from ondkaja

haha

Zafus

BRIT

Quoted from hr

For 15 cents or whatever it doesn’t seem worthwhile. If you made it a key a player it might make some sense and make it easier to convert it into prizes or whatever because I’m assuming you won’t just give a million ref to the winners and you buy hats with keys right?

Also a lot of people would be uncomfortable using paypal or something so making it an in game currency would make a lot of sense and a key isn’t really a stretch for a whole season for most people I’d imagine.

A key would be good, but it could be a little harder to obtain, as you can make a refined metal in no time at all:

You get around ten weapon drops per week, with a maximum of twelve, this equates to four refined minimum per month.

This would mean it would take around three and a half months to build up enough refined to get a single key at their present price, which is fine as the ETF2L seasons have a good amount of time between them.

I think four refined as an entry fee ($00.60 cents) is still reasonable, and far more worthwhile, especially if you think bigger:
295T * 6 * 4R = $1062

Factor in 9v9, subs, and additional players on rosters and it’d be quite substantial.

Last edited by Zafus,

AB

Quoted from Zafus

I would gladly pay one or three refined

why not two???

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

If there was payment I would prefer money to in-game stuff.

RTC

But if you’re going to pay money, you’re effectively going to split the amount of participants in half. It’s a double edged sword to say the least.

Last edited by RTC,

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from RTC

But if you’re going to play money, you’re effectively going to split the amount of participants in half. It’s a double edged sword to say the least.

highly doubt that

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from ondkaja

that or you go through the effort of exchanging it for keys which is what no one wants to do

Phnx

Quoted from hr

you are ignoring most jews that are not willing to spent a penny for the game8)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »