Forum

S20 is 'community funded'*, why not ask community websites to sponsor ETF2L!?

Created 21st January 2015 @ 18:45

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

I’d just like to add that TF2Pickup are an awesome sponsor! Whitlist.tf also!

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from CanFo

Finally there are some wise posts in this thread.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Also, we’re extending signups for High/Mid/Open by a week. The rest of the seasons schedule will not change. Newspost to follow soon.

Coffin Stuffer

Quoted from Permzilla

Also, we’re extending signups for High/Mid/Open by a week. The rest of the seasons schedule will not change. Newspost to follow soon.

This can only be a good thing. It’s much appreciated by my friends who are thinking about getting into the competitive scene.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

are all the perks delayed until the new theme? If so is there an ETA?

Kaneco

Quoted from Arie

The night before the community fundraiser went up I was asked by ETF2L if I’d like to provide some serveme.tf premium membership as raffle prizes.

I said yes.

If they hadn’t asked me, I probably would have approached an ETF2L admin to see if there was interest in adding some serveme.tf stuff to the fundraising campaign instead of creating a dramapost on the forum.

That’s such a wrong train of thought tho. If you’re expecting every community site or project to approach you to help you you’re gonna have a bad time. Things don’t “sort themselves out”, you can’t just be waiting for things to happen. People live different circumstances and situations, and maybe you would have approached the admin team indeed, but I or tf2pickup guys etc, maybe wouldn’t if not asked because people have different priorities in life but if they approached me for example I would actually make an effort to fit that into my priorities.

Also approaching you the night before the announcement is such a horrible example to give, that just screams bad planning, I know it’s a free league and admins are volunteers and yadda yadda yadda, but at least make an effort to be a bit profissional, or if you don’t, then don’t set the expectations high like you did for s20 and followup with this trainwreck.

Do you think any trading site is gonna care and actually make an effort to reach etf2l if etf2l just waits? You have to approach them if you’re the one who could mainly benefit from it.

Go to tf2oupost, trade.tf, scrap.tf with a plan and talk like a smart business man would do, “Listen we have this community league, we reach x number of people, have x number of visits, stream regularly to about x viewers, you can get the banner x in y location, we can mention you on x streams or y newsposts in exchange for x.”

Actually make a fuckin plan an present them to people, not just wait for them to reach you. Why do you have a PR Admin otherwise?

Last edited by Kaneco,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Sideshow

are all the perks delayed until the new theme? If so is there an ETA?

The ETA was this month, but Saloon’s ETA is also this month too…if you get my message. We will probably just wait until the fundraiser is closed to collect all perks, rather than collecting them every week or so.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Kaneco

You have to approach them if you’re the one who could mainly benefit from it.

Same logic can be applied to ETF2L and any of the projects that people are complaining about (I’m not talking about big trading sites). Really hypocritical.

Arthur

WM

Quoted from smziii

[…]

thats why you are just the best/smartest batman that etf2l/tf2 community has

^

Arthur

WM

Quoted from Kaneco

I’m sure a little mention in newsposts/headers and a small logo on streams would be more than enough, it’s not like wieth was asking for a full time skyscraper banner on etf2l site.

just thought I would point out that it looks like tf2pickup is going to have an embedded section in the new site, that’s better than a skyscraper banner in my opinion.

(not taking sides, just pointing something out)

CHERRY

I need to see upfrags before I make my opinion on this

CHERRY

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

The ETA was this month, but Saloon’s ETA is also this month too…if you get my message. We will probably just wait until the fundraiser is closed to collect all perks, rather than collecting them every week or so.

I sent Sonny a memo about this before leaving home. I admit that I’m too stupid to merge changes, but someone else agreed to do it already I don’t know what’s happening with that, but knowing this Preston it’ll be alright. And saloon.tf’s ETA was “I won’t say any date cause I don’t want to disappoint you Slin”. I can’t browse forums often, but if you need anything from me message me on Steam or call

Last edited by CHERRY,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5