Forum

S20 is 'community funded'*, why not ask community websites to sponsor ETF2L!?

Created 21st January 2015 @ 18:45

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

Fuxx

REMOVE

Which one of you cunts did it

You know what I’m talking about

dAGNER

duplo

Quoted from damneasy

because drama

the prophet

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

ITT: Kaneco upset he cannot play with the big boys

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Fun thread.

I would like to see ETF2L extend signups by a week (or two?) to really get the benefit of the donations drive hype. Assuming the purpose of it is to encourage participation. Otherwise it is just lining the pockets of those who have already signed up?!

Fuck the nations cup or whatever other bullshit you will use as an excuse for not doing this.
SMOrc

Off-topic: Why would ETF2L want to be sponsored by TF2Pickup anyway? TF2Pickups userbase is a subset of ETF2Ls – I mean you literally need an ETF2L account to play there. TF2Pickup have much more to gain from any endorsement than ETF2L.

Ace

ITT: James upset that Ireland will never do well in the Nations cup

kronis

NASA
hi im dog

Remove the blue background in beta page, because its hard to read. And yes, drama.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Admirable

Fun thread.

I would like to see ETF2L extend signups by a week (or two?) to really get the benefit of the donations drive hype. Assuming the purpose of it is to encourage participation. Otherwise it is just lining the pockets of those who have already signed up?!

Now thats a constructive, concrete suggestion where the benefits might actually outweigh the costs. Pls permzillo, do it.

Last edited by skeej,

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

I am pretty sure Hildreth and other admins want to Talk about These things in private rather than in a Public Forum, because this right here actually literally hurts ETF2L and the Community. If I was an archimedes Cup participant checking out the Forums for the First time and read this… Damn.

It is weird, because the reason behind most people’s complaints seem to be that they are worried about the Community and the Future of it and etf2l. But imo, by making this Public, we hurt it more than the actual honest mistakes that Both sides have done. Thats some Irony right there! I mean, what are we supposed to do here? We obviously do not want this discussion to be Public for Said reason (and I am sure plenty other Ones). But If sonny or Hildreth dont Post anything here, they are called the “establishment”.
While some of this is constructive criticism, there seem to be a fair Portion of spoiled Proud.

How does this topic on this Public Forum help etf2l or any Community Website mentioned in here, especially tf2pickup? The longer this goes on, the more it will hurt all of us. Obviously we will not close this, But if wiet Would agree to close it and have constructive, private Meetings about this, I am sure everyone Would be Served better.

Stinson_Out.

PS: autocorrect is weird.

Last edited by DCS,

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Be stricter on people using the contact admin forms and IRC.
#problemsolved

doks

Quoted from Admirable

Fun thread…

extend signups by a week

Only decent thing on this thread :)

Afaik we are still missing ~ 50 – 60 teams to have the same amount as S19 ?

Kaneco

Quoted from doks

[…]

Only decent thing on this thread :)

Afaik we are still missing ~ 50 – 60 teams to have the same amount as S19 ?

http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-30918/page-2/#post-524185
Already suggested here, but was told signup numbers were normal. Now with a 2-3 days advance notice on the crowdfunding it makes even more sense to delay it tho.

Quoted from Admirable

Off-topic: Why would ETF2L want to be sponsored by TF2Pickup anyway? TF2Pickups userbase is a subset of ETF2Ls – I mean you literally need an ETF2L account to play there. TF2Pickup have much more to gain from any endorsement than ETF2L.

Have you even read the posts? People are not talking about complete sponsorships but cooperative partnerships or smaller partnerships, if etf2l had indeed reached out to community sites they could have a small sponsorship/partnership with tf2pickup, serveme, comp.tf, scrap.tf, etc etc… All this would add up to actually make a season worthy of history.

Also (and speaking personally) tf2pickup doesn’t need etf2l, we can and have sponsored other cups and even teams in the past and they have worked fine for us and reached out to many members of the community, at this time we’re doing fine and word of mouth works just fine, and I’m sure a little mention in newsposts/headers and a small logo on streams would be more than enough, it’s not like wieth was asking for a full time skyscraper banner on etf2l site. Same goes for comp.tf and serveme. Etf2l would benefit greatly from increased partnerships with community sites, extra visibility, extra perks/prizepool items, with no real relevant demands that would jeopardize etf2l current sponsors, it only makes sense. As for the trading sites, I find it really hard to believe any effort was made in that regard because if they sponsor b4nny stream/archimedes cup, etc for example why wouldn’t they want a partnership that would give them much more exposure in return like in etf2l, it doesn’t add up.

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

ETF2L cash prize pools mostly (if not all of them) have been funded by the community since early 2012, including those seasons/cups sponsored by TF2-centric communities such as BlackOut Gaming. The only thing that’s really changed in this regard is that ETF2L are steering away from reliance on a single individual to provide their prize pools. The most interesting thing I find about this discussion is that allowing anyone who wishes to contribute is not a new concept at all – you just need to be proactive about it.

In the past, ETF2L were approached about sponsoring their seasons/cups, not the other way around. That allowed time to discuss the details and provide ample time for announcements, promo etc. It also took the load and pressure off the admins to find a sponsor which already have enough work to do to keep things running. I can imagine it’s more stressful than it’s worth when you’ve had a regular stream of prize money to provide and then eventually it either begins to dwindle or may stop completely, followed by possible claims that you’ve ruined comp tf2 or aren’t proactive enough about finding sponsors.

Although I am incredibly appreciative of the efforts which have gone into sites such as comp.tf and tf2pickup, my opinion is that regardless of your contributions elsewhere in the community, this in itself is not enough to justify the expectation that you or your community website should be approached by league admins about sponsorship, especially when you know roughly the season and Nations Cup schedules. Obviously sponsors which don’t have a TF2 presence need to be approached by people in the community, but internally we’re highly efficient and innovative when it comes to keeping competitive TF2 alive – even more so when someone has an idea, then takes the initiative and approaches those who can benefit mutually from that idea.

I understand it can be frustrating when you put so much time and effort into helping competitive TF2 in some way and you perceive something else to have so much potential but it ends up as a wasted opportunity in your eyes due to a few questionable decisions or how things were handled differently to what you would’ve done. The important thing is to identify and learn from these issues and provide constructive feedback on how things can be improved for next time, as well as not seeing everything from just your perspective. A lot of effort clearly went into all the changes that have been made for Season 20, and it would be disheartening for anyone if all that work was overshadowed by threads intended to highlight genuine concerns but probably would have a more positive outcome if they were discussed privately with those they are addressed to.

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

The night before the community fundraiser went up I was asked by ETF2L if I’d like to provide some serveme.tf premium membership as raffle prizes.

I said yes.

If they hadn’t asked me, I probably would have approached an ETF2L admin to see if there was interest in adding some serveme.tf stuff to the fundraising campaign instead of creating a dramapost on the forum.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from Arie

The night before the community fundraiser went up I was asked by ETF2L if I’d like to provide some serveme.tf premium membership as raffle prizes.

I said yes.

If they hadn’t asked me, I probably would have approached an ETF2L admin to see if there was interest in adding some serveme.tf stuff to the fundraising campaign instead of creating a dramapost on the forum.

thats why you are just the best/smartest batman that etf2l/tf2 community has

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Finally there are some wise posts in this thread.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »