Forum

S20 is 'community funded'*, why not ask community websites to sponsor ETF2L!?

Created 21st January 2015 @ 18:45

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »

Wiethoofd

(Newswriter)
LvG

ETF2L admins rumoured in the 2nd half of 2014 that Season 20 would be ‘magical’, awesome, and you’d be able to get swag ETF2L badges on you profile for donating or playing. (TFTV Fully Charged interviews, vague hints in Mumble or Steam conversations)

Also it was hinted at there would be a possibly community funded prize pool.

Yesterday there was an announcement (http://etf2l.org/2015/01/20/season-20-powered-by-tt-esports-community-fundraiser-maps) about the community funding possibility with an Indiegogo fund-raiser (http://igg.me/at/ETF2LS20), only 2 weeks after S20 was announced (http://etf2l.org/2015/01/19/announcing-season-20-staff-changes) and 2 days before sign-ups close…

When announcing information about the Archimedes cup there was mention of an additional prize pool for S20 (before S20 was really announced) and before that when changing to the Swiss System (http://etf2l.org/2014/12/20/a-new-year-a-different-etf2l) for playing matches this upcoming season there actually was no mention of community funding a possible prize pool.

————————

– Why announce a community fundable prize pool just before the sign-ups have almost closed?
– Why weren’t community websites asked to sponsor S20 before fund-raising for individuals was announced?
> serveme.tf apparently is the only one at the moment
> scrap.tf has the Archimedes thing
> Maincall, BlackOut TV, TF2Pickup.net and whitelist.tf have all been sponsoring previous seasons, playoffs (http://etf2l.org/2014/11/17/season-19-powered-by-tt-esports-playoffs-for-almost-everyone) and cups (http://etf2l.org/2015/01/08/sunshine-cup-powered-by-serveme-tf) and not been asked (yet?)
– Why hasn’t the ‘Rules & Configs’ been updated to Season 20 yet?
– Why accept item donations on an account that hasn’t been set up to accept them?!
> Knowing for 3 months isn’t clearly enough time to get 2k backpack slots/premium/Steam Guard set up
> Limit of accepted items (get someone on the case to trade up?)

————————
Don’t suggest for me to become an ETF2L admin: I’m not German!

Last edited by CHERRY,

CHERRY

They too can donate, I don’t see any problem at all.
If their donation is significant they’ll probably be able to get their name somewhere, though if we hit 3000 euro it’ll be hard for them to compare with community prizepool

And what is this bot I’ve never heard about? I don’t think it was ever planned at all.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

is that really worth a thread? why don’t you just send that criticism to an admin
instead of trying to generate some kind of hype in a public forum?

damneasy

because drama

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from smziii

is that really worth a thread? why don’t you just send that criticism to an admin
instead of trying to generate some kind of hype in a public forum?

I think a feeling of disillusionment with the current establishment is what prompted this to begin with.

I support Wiethoofd and the words he has spoken.

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from quell

[…]
I think a feeling of disillusionment with the current establishment is what prompted this to begin with.

I support Wiethoofd and the words he has spoken.

I’ve heard ETF2L being called many things, but “establishment” is probably the best one :D

Last edited by Clark,

Hallow

P.O.P

nah i learned from highlander that you cant critisise volunteer efforts. permzilla does what he wants with his time, get out of here.

Kaneco

So the so-called “big season” is crowd funded. I would laugh if it wasn’t so depressing.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Kaneco

So the so-called “big season” is crowd funded. I would laugh if it wasn’t so depressing.

The time you spend shitposting on the forums can be better spent on your own “wiki”.

EDIT: not talking officially. But if you’re going to slam every decision or initiative, at least be constructive, your comments are usually not very useful.

Last edited by ondkaja,

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from Kaneco

your input for s20

– frequent qq/and negativity posts really helping out a lot

etf2l/community/admin input

– completely new tournament system
– new maps / unlocks
– first attempt to make season more attractive / add pricepool for not only prem division etc
– big site updates
– crowd funding with a lot of nice perks

Last edited by smziii,

Kaneco

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

The time you spend shitposting on the forums can be better spent on your own “wiki”.

EDIT: not talking officially. But if you’re going to slam every decision or initiative, at least be constructive, your comments are usually not very useful.

So I’m the one shitposting when posting negative feedback?

Quoted from smziii

[…]

your input for s20
– frequent qq/and negativity posts really helping out a lot

I have been for years one of the most supportive people of all etf2l decisions and I was always very vocal about it, just because this season I gave negative feedback (and I think I explained myself very well numerous times I’m qqing?
Nice rebutal
Quoted from smziii

[…]
etf2l/community/admin input
– completely new tournament system

How redundant, the league was working fine, the only thing this is gonna change is less work for the admins in between seasons

Quoted from smziii

– new maps / unlocks

Like every season so far, WOW SUCH INNOVATION, I liked the removal of granary, shows some balls at least.

Quoted from smziii

– first attempt to make season more attractive / add pricepool for not only prem division etc

LOL what the fuck does this even mean, do you know what you’re talking about?
Prizepool for below prem divisions has always been here and it had actually sponsors before, even if it was some silly mousepads you have had div1 and even div2/3 playoff winner prizes for a lot of seasons. Announcing that the so called “biggest season yet” prizepool is crowdfunded like 3 days before signups is no fuckin achievement at all, even archimedes cup had a official sponsor with trade.tf.

Quoted from smziii

– big site updates

Like the so called site redesign which hasnt gone live yet? And has been in the works since forever? This is not really representative of this season accomplishments since it was already in the works before and its not even finished yet

Quoted from smziii

– crowd funding with a lot of nice perks

read above.

Last edited by Kaneco,

Kaneco

Nice edit to my post, too bad you didnt remove the other fuckin tucans all over the other threads. And Im the one shitposting.

Popcorp

Quoted from Kaneco

Prem has Money Prizes as always, it’s not crowd funded, but Lower divs now have a chance to win actual money, why would you even complain about money, this is a free league after all, you should be grateful that now you have a chance to win something apart from Medals…FROM A FREE LEAGUE.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Kaneco

So I’m the one shitposting when posting negative feedback?

Your post contained no useful information or constructive criticisms, so it is not a useful post, like the one in the OP was. If you don’t know how to provide constructive criticisms then you shouldn’t really be in this thread.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Think these are fairly legitimate questions for us to consider, but I would personally appreciate you came directly to me or another admin about it.

Same goes to you Kaneco. Just add me on steam, I’ll clear some space for you.

It’s not good PR for any perspective community member to see this sort of thing, but we can’t lock the thread as it doesn’t break any forum rules and well freedom of speech and such. Keep debating, but if you want to discuss it more productively with me, add me on steam.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »