Created 14th January 2015 @ 01:14

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Kaneco

“the biggest and best ever”

Meanwhile the fuckin archimedes newbie cup has a bigger prizepool than the entirety of s20 including Prem. I’m as supportive of the comp scene and etf2l as you can get but, Yeah… No…

Also you get a trailer posted on an random SFM american editor youtube, even if it was him who did it I still see no connection at all. Most responses there are dissing 6v6, wrong target demographics, wrong timing, video doesn’t even explain what ETF2L or 6v6 stands for…

It just doesn’t make it “the biggest and best ever”, so far it seems a trainwreck. I’m sorry for being such a downer but I just see so much wasted potential.

I sincerely hope the sign ups increase from last season tho.

Did I miss it when the s20 prize pool was announced? S20 and Archimedes aren’t really comparable since scrap.tf makes money so obviously they have more money than us since we’re a non-profit org. At least give us a chance to get S20 started before shutting it down and calling it a trainwreck.

omnibombulator

(ETF2L Donator)

I know it’s not much, but I put an announcement on the front page of huds.tf.

Last edited by omnibombulator,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=15466

Kaneco

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

Did I miss it when the s20 prize pool was announced? S20 and Archimedes aren’t really comparable since scrap.tf makes money so obviously they have more money than us since we’re a non-profit org. At least give us a chance to get S20 started before shutting it down and calling it a trainwreck.

My bad, I remembered reading this newspost (http://etf2l.org/2015/01/11/archimedes-cup-team-prize-information-including-incentive-for-season-20/) and associating “PRIZES + INCENTIVE FOR SEASON 20” with the season 20 prizepool, either way its very poorly worded.

Anyway from what I remember Archimedes cup still has a bigger prize money than any 6s season so far, so it doesn’t really makes things much better.

And with 170 or so teams signup I would just start considering delaying signups for 1 week until the end of the month, IMO for a season that has so much “supposedly” hype for being the 20th season and that has been talked so much, anything less than the 300 signups of the previous season is a failure.

Popcorp

Quoted from Permzilla

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=15466

Finally, someone took my suggestion

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

Quoted from Kaneco

Anyway from what I remember Archimedes cup still has a bigger prize money than any 6s season so far, so it doesn’t really makes things much better.

http://comp.tf/wiki/ETF2L_6v6_Season_13

Quoted from Kaneco

And with 170 or so teams signup I would just start considering delaying signups for 1 week until the end of the month, IMO for a season that has so much “supposedly” hype for being the 20th season and that has been talked so much, anything less than the 300 signups of the previous season is a failure.

It is the same every season, theres a rush at the start and a rush at the end. Between that theres only 10 or so teams signing up per day. Calm down. It is no guarantee for 300+ teams in the end, but it is how it usually goes, for every season I was involved in so far. Cannot speak for the ones before that.

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

Quoted from Popcorp

Finally, someone took my suggestion

What suggestion? We did that in the past already. The problem because an announcement was not posted for previous seasons was often either valve taking forever to post something, until the point where it made no sense to post it anymore, because the signups were closed, or to be fair, us finishing enough details for a season to be worth posting too late (knowing that valve takes forever to post stuff).

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

My bad, I remembered reading this newspost (http://etf2l.org/2015/01/11/archimedes-cup-team-prize-information-including-incentive-for-season-20/) and associating “PRIZES + INCENTIVE FOR SEASON 20” with the season 20 prizepool, either way its very poorly worded.

Having read back through that newspost I think it’s quite clear myself, but it doesn’t matter I guess.

I already explained why scrap.tf (who are providing the prizes for the Archimedes Cup) are able to give more money, it’s because they earn money from running their website. The only money we get are either from big donations or ad revenue, it’s not an excuse but you can hardly blame us for not putting out top dollar prizes so far.

wait is he talking about the prize pool in a free to play community league, or just nitpicking the wording since S20 wasn’t out when we announced the prizes for the Archimedes Cup?

Last edited by kKaltUu,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Kaneco

“the biggest and best ever”

Meanwhile the fuckin archimedes newbie cup has a bigger prizepool than the entirety of s20 including Prem. I’m as supportive of the comp scene and etf2l as you can get but, Yeah… No…

Also you get a trailer posted on an random SFM american editor youtube, even if it was him who did it I still see no connection at all. Most responses there are dissing 6v6, wrong target demographics, wrong timing, video doesn’t even explain what ETF2L or 6v6 stands for…

It just doesn’t make it “the biggest and best ever”, so far it seems a trainwreck. I’m sorry for being such a downer but I just see so much wasted potential.

I sincerely hope the sign ups increase from last season tho.

You’re a bit of a downer – I think promotion wise we’re taking a big step up, whether it has an effect on the signups remains to be seen, no harm in trying to promote ourselves and encouraging the community to do so.

Archimedes cup is sponsored by Scrap.tf, sponsorship found through our TF2center partnership, can’t compare the two.

In terms of wasted potential, you run a community website, why don’t you promote our signups on there? It could be the featured article instead of a tournament that happened a few months ago.

Maybe we could be positive and increase our signups. Or we could increase our page hits and userbase and then we might be able to make ourselves lucrative to sponsors (beyond the usual shitty google ads) and then we’ll raise some money we can put towards prizepools. It’s all a bit of a pipedream here but I’d rather dream and fail than sit in “reality” and do nothing.

“the biggest and best ever” is just a line to sell it.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Big thanks for all those who have made efforts on our behalf, every little thing you do will make a difference I assure you. Thanks again guys.

Kaneco

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

Having read back through that newspost I think it’s quite clear myself, but it doesn’t matter I guess.

I already explained why scrap.tf (who are providing the prizes for the Archimedes Cup) are able to give more money, it’s because they earn money from running their website. The only money we get are either from big donations or ad revenue, it’s not an excuse but you can hardly blame us for not putting out top dollar prizes so far.

I skimmed the newspost since I have no interest in the archimedes cup and only saw S20 prizepool something and associated with the s20 prizepool, it was my mistake, but still that headline could be a bit more straight to the point.

I dont know if thats what you’re doing for s20 but then you should seriously consider partnering with a site like them for s20 as well. Im not blaming anyone, I just think it’s not shaping to be the “promised” season that would save and revitalize the eu scene. Just changing to a tiered system won’t magically increase signups.

Quoted from kKaltUu

wait is he talking about the prize pool in a free to play community league, or just nitpicking the wording since S20 wasn’t out when we announced the prizes for the Archimedes Cup?

Neither, I confused the wording in the newsposts, I still think it makes 0 sense for a newbie cup to have a prizepool of that dimension tho.

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]
You’re a bit of a downer – I think promotion wise we’re taking a big step up, whether it has an effect on the signups remains to be seen, no harm in trying to promote ourselves and encouraging the community to do so.

Absolutely there’s no harm in that, but I don’t see the “big step up” anywhere. Lol I check some community sites regularly and I have seen near 0 references to s20.

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]
In terms of wasted potential, you run a community website, why don’t you promote our signups on there? It could be the featured article instead of a tournament that happened a few months ago.

Oh you are right, I have failed to keep up and contribute to the scene as much as I wanted or did in the past, because I recently got back to uni and I am in my exam period so that doesn’t really give me a lot of flexibility like I had before.

Even then, there was 0 direct contact with me to promote the league, I could have had a PM from someone from etf2l, asking me to promote it on our website and giving me a few extra details, I would even create a short youtube promo video if needed, like I offered to do it before for other leagues/cups, there was just no followup or contact of any kind, I would gladly put aside 30 mins or 1 hour of my study time or whatever to do it. I mean, if you’re representing the league you should be the ones taking the initiative, don’t expect people from outside (even if they have community projects) to just do it from thin air.

Quoted from Hildreth

Maybe we could be positive and increase our signups. Or we could increase our page hits and userbase and then we might be able to make ourselves lucrative to sponsors (beyond the usual shitty google ads) and then we’ll raise some money we can put towards prizepools. It’s all a bit of a pipedream here but I’d rather dream and fail than sit in “reality” and do nothing.

“the biggest and best ever” is just a line to sell it.

Unfortunately, “being positive” doesn’t get things done.

Also if you really cared about being positive you would have closed that shitty thread about “tf2 is dead” long before it reached the hundreds of replies it had. Talk about painting the league in a positive light.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

I skimmed the newspost since I have no interest in the archimedes cup and only saw S20 prizepool something and associated with the s20 prizepool, it was my mistake, but still that headline could be a bit more straight to the point.

I dont know if thats what you’re doing for s20 but then you should seriously consider partnering with a site like them for s20 as well. Im not blaming anyone, I just think it’s not shaping to be the “promised” season that would save and revitalize the eu scene. Just changing to a tiered system won’t magically increase signups.

[…]
Neither, I confused the wording in the newsposts, I still think it makes 0 sense for a newbie cup to have a prizepool of that dimension tho.

[…]
Absolutely there’s no harm in that, but I don’t see the “big step up” anywhere. Lol I check some community sites regularly and I have seen near 0 references to s20.

[…]
Oh you are right, I have failed to keep up and contribute to the scene as much as I wanted or did in the past, because I recently got back to uni and I am in my exam period so that doesn’t really give me a lot of flexibility like I had before.

Even then, there was 0 direct contact with me to promote the league, I could have had a PM from someone from etf2l, asking me to promote it on our website and giving me a few extra details, I would even create a short youtube promo video if needed, like I offered to do it before for other leagues/cups, there was just no followup or contact of any kind, I would gladly put aside 30 mins or 1 hour of my study time or whatever to do it. I mean, if you’re representing the league you should be the ones taking the initiative, don’t expect people from outside (even if they have community projects) to just do it from thin air.

[…]
Unfortunately, “being positive” doesn’t get things done.

Also if you really cared about being positive you would have closed that shitty thread about “tf2 is dead” long before it reached the hundreds of replies it had. Talk about painting the league in a positive light.

Why do you think we haven’t contacted you? Take a long look at what you just typed then try to think we as a league would not contact you to help us promote ourselves?

Positive doesn’t get things done is entirely wrong – positivity increases morale, with increases motivation which in turn “gets things done”. And no we’re not going to shut down a thread saying TF2 is dead because it doesn’t break forum rules.

What I will do is use my admin powers for good and warn you that you are drifting the original topic conversation off-topic, so I only want to hear “yes Hildreth I will help you promote ETF2L” now. If you want to discuss anything relating to the aforementioned topics, we have an email address and I have a steam account you can add me on.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2