Forum

ETF2L Redirection

Created 11th January 2015 @ 21:42

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

WML

I’m actually getting it on any website that’s linked to steam (I.e. bp.tf, scrap.tf, tf2center). Sometimes it’s just a shitty phishing site about some “wonder” food product and sometimes it’s just a page that says “This page is not available” which is actually a fake flash download. The only thing that has worked for me is Adblock.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Browse safe, use a condom, use adblock software.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

I always use an adblock, but removed it for ETF2L and TFTV to be a nice guy yaknow. What do I get for it? HIV.

Clark

SDCK!

As of recently TF2Center started asking me to disable AdBlock so that the site could work properly. I didn’t and it still works fine. Can that be interconnected?

Quoted from Clark

As of recently TF2Center started asking me to disable AdBlock so that the site could work properly. I didn’t and it still works fine. Can that be interconnected?

No.

Spreijer

CONCORDIA

Quoted from Clark

If that was connected I’d blame Marty for being “master trole”.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from emb

It looks like some ads on Google Adsense are causing the redirects. This is not ETF2L specific and affects all sites using Google Ads, big or small.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lemode+google+ads

I’ve blocked the known bad ads, but fixing all of them is at Google’s mercy.

At a glance the redirects only work when the ad is displayed on the page and do not seem to leave behind residual scripts. Regardless, if you’ve been affected on any website, it’s probably wise to clear your browser cache completely.

Cheers Emb.

I also have been having this, glad to see we’re quick on the case.

Pete_

PrettyGay

I also had this but the difference was that there suddenly was some adware installed although I didn’t download anything the date the adware got on my pc. long story short it was linked to some folder in my browser folder that had some gibberish name and after deleting it it stopped happening to me.

Last edited by Pete_,

stephen

Started happening again

Marty

lala

Quoted from Spreijer

[…]

If that was connected I’d blame Marty for being “master trole”.

can confirm

goMY

dgenr8
COGU

this is still a thing

Hergan

I’m actually not getting any redirects (probably because I use Forget option in Firefox, god I love Mozilla)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2