Forum

[ETF2L] Should we restrict non-Latin names?

Created 21st September 2014 @ 17:31

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Spike Himself

Restrict is good. When you get casted it would come in handy if casters could actually pronounce your name. Restricting to understandable characters ties in nicely with the nickname rules that are in effect for Prem teams.

As for dots commas and slashes etc, they shouldn’t be a big deal, so long as a name doesn’t consist of only such characters. Admin discretion can deal with that I suppose.

http://etf2l.org/forum/user/35825/

juan

adios

keep it. u are so not kawaii

Collaide

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

http://etf2l.org/forum/user/35825/

rekt

Last edited by Collaide,

Robeomega

-nobroder

I am for restricting non-euro characters.

However I am against banning everything that is not latin

This is Europe league not Latin character league.

Kengur

Restrict and 15 char max requirement.

lazyluk

Keep it as its is and if people have unpronounceable names they can’t complain about it, done.

EvoWarrior5

UbeR |

I think restricting it to an extent would be a good idea. If someone wants a bear or a few japanese letters in their names then that’s fine right, as long as they have a good part of their name that is easily pronouncable.

caeli

#T4F

NO NO NO AND NO.
GREECE/JAPAN/KOREA/CHINA RULES!!!!!

Last edited by caeli,

Fuxx

REMOVE

I understand restricting Asian characters since this is the European league after all, but is it fair to restrict Greek?

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

yes, all fun must be removed from etf2l

Clark

SDCK!

Restrict asian/african names, but don’t restrict Greek and Cyrillic – Russia, Bulgaria, Serbia and some other european contries use Cyrillic on a normal basis.

ducky

Quoted from Fuxx

I understand restricting Asian characters since this is the European league after all, but is it fair to restrict Greek?

Quoted from Clark

Restrict asian/african names, but don’t restrict Greek and Cyrillic – Russia, Bulgaria, Serbia and some other european contries use Cyrillic on a normal basis.

it’s not about restricting certain regions’ alphabet like greece,japan,russia etc.

it’s about giving our userbase the option to search for certain teams/players without having to buy a new keyboard or copy paste unicode letters from an online foreign alphabet.

almost every keyboard has the option to switch to latin letters,which is why we chose to suggest these.

of course you can still make gibberish names with latin letters and the punctuation that we think you should be restricted to use (:.-_/) , but at least then everyone has the ability to search for it

Last edited by ducky,

Dr. Heinz

★GF
KAAS

Force to change the name.

Pete_

PrettyGay

Don’t restrict greek letter’s but please restrict japanese names since they promote anime.

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

I have latin character name and my name was still pronounced wrong o/

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »