buffalo steak sandwich in S19

Created 6th September 2014 @ 02:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

byte

Last edited by byte,

CHERRY

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

If you eat it in spawn the effect will wear off when you come to mid.

Oh right, didn’t think about that :/

Sneakeh

doggo

Worms saving EU TF2

nijoonen

Gaston
8-)

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

If you eat it in spawn the effect will wear off when you come to mid.

Depends on the distance to mid of course, on Viaduct for example it’s complete rubbish, probably Gullywash aswell, haven’t counted distances on those maps.

Popcorp

Snakewater – Ends right near Ammo/Health pack in Sawmill
Granary – Ends outside of a 2nd point
Logjam – Ends right near Choke (to mid) entrance
Gullywash – Ends on Mid if you go from Lower lobby, and ends near big doors exit if you go from Lobby
Process – Ends nears Ammo pack in Choke

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

I’m not going to say I’m in favor of it or not although I’m the admin that invested the most into playing heavy.

But I want to make you guys be aware of the bigger picture:

Look at the pro’s and cons of the consumable itself, and then the meta at mid / 1st / 2nd. Will it stalemate mid? will the other team be forced to run BSS heavy as well? will the opponents be forced to have a sniper?

Last edited by kKaltUu,

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from kKaltUu

I’m not going to say I’m in favor of it or not although I’m the admin that invested the most into playing heavy.

But I want to make you guys be aware of the bigger picture:

Look at the pro’s and cons of the consumable itself, and then the meta at mid / 1st / 2nd. Will it stalemate mid? will the other team be forced to run BSS heavy as well? will the opponents be forced to have a sniper?

I kinda agree, your team has to be really shit if you can’t focus down a heavy. It’s basically a free-pick.

Only reason the weapon should be banned, is it’s ability to heal teammates.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Scissors

I kinda agree, your team has to be really shit if you can’t focus down a heavy. It’s basically a free-pick.

It’s generally true but on mids it’s pretty hard to focus down a heavy, because you basically have to get close to do enough damage to kill him, and getting close isn’t an easy task since the heavy’s damage output is pretty high, and he might be protected by his teammates. And if you spam him down from a distance you will be out of ammo to take out the other classes. This is true even without the steak being allowed, however the downside of running heavy to mid is that you are basically 5v6 until the heavy arrives, which is the reason why heavy to mid is really only used on gullywash.

Last edited by ondkaja,

Popcorp

and Viaduct

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Popcorp

and Viaduct

i’ve never seen any decent team run heavy to mid on viaduct (except for epsilon during the demo nerf but that doesn’t count)

Last edited by ondkaja,

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

i’ve never seen any decent team run heavy to mid on viaduct (except for epsilon during the demo nerf but that doesn’t count)

Enigma LAN winning viaduct heavy.

Zesty

(blaster)
open
bobs

tbh I’d have seen 2 things this would have caused that this would have caused.
1. Heavy to mid on maps like process where the rollout would have been advantageous but the heavy soaking up a lot of heals would probably have meant the opposing team could have got an easy mid win if they focused down the flank and then the 3 remaining players would be pretty much screwed, however if the mid dragged on the heavy might be able to get the positioning to win mid and the team with the heavy wouldn’t be able to be bombed.
2. Heavy leaving sandvich for the med when offclassing on last and meds not forcing when bombed by a roamer making last stalemates longer, however I think this would probably lead to more drops as the med manages to miss the dropped sandvich during the bomb.

The really problematic thing about the change would be if people worked out viable ways to run heavy on 2nd with the weapon and pocketing the med but I’d actually like to have seen how that panned out and if it really was viable which would obviously slow the game down.
If the buffalo steak wasn’t droppable I think this would be a no brainer to leave it in though.

God forbid we see some meta changing in 6v6.

It’s incredible that we are still rejecting practically all unlocks that might break the stale walls of this mode.

h3x

bedgetf2

Quoted from kalhó

Allow the direct hit instead.

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

Quoted from Reservoir Dog

God forbid we see some meta changing in 6v6.

It’s incredible that we are still rejecting practically all unlocks that might break the stale walls of this mode.

Well it’s great that you enjoy playing against heavies so much, but most people find it pretty boring.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »