Forum

American teams in etf2l

Created 24th March 2014 @ 17:47

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Mista

Don’t let those Irish ppl play and we’ll all be fine! They never provide screenshots and they always drop or either make other teams drop (no one wants to play against an Irish team). They aren’t even really part of Europe (the site is called “European”, bro..), and those statistics from CHERRY don’t mean crap they are all biased.
Please ban.

jakeowaty

All that is because UGC has dropped it’s ball and they don’t offer too much progression apart from medals, that Ruskey voluntarily makes for them.

Oh, and the prize in NA Plat? Funded by players themselves. As opposed to someone here, who is an insanely cool guy and he deserves to have a sparkly weapon for his donations.

UGC doesn’t offer too much and is long as shit, with few divisions that don’t divide skills as fairly as ETF does, which causes many of the teams being blatant sandbaggers.

I’m thinking I just told you obvious shit right now…

Hidi

Quoted from jakeowaty

All that is because UGC has dropped it’s ball and they don’t offer too much progression apart from medals, that Ruskey voluntarily makes for them.

Oh, and the prize in NA Plat? Funded by players themselves. As opposed to someone here, who is an insanely cool guy and he deserves to have a sparkly weapon for his donations.

UGC doesn’t offer too much and is long as shit, with few divisions that don’t divide skills as fairly as ETF does, which causes many of the teams being blatant sandbaggers.

I’m thinking I just told you obvious shit right now…

I think the problem with sand-bagging in UGC comes a lot from UGC’s lack of control. The amount of divisions that are there currently can function, but there isn’t a lot of critical thinking into who is playing where.

Really, the problem with sand-bagging is most noticeable in the two lowest divisions: Iron and Steel. UGC in the past has been too tolerant in letting people into those divisions, particularly in Highlander. It was only at the beginning of their current season (Season 12 Highlander), that they’ve really started to crack down on sand-bagging.

They’re now starting to bump teams who they think have potential sand-baggers; note, on my recent team in UGC, they wouldn’t let us move down a division because we had somebody playing Silver 6s. This guy had never played Highlander before, and wasn’t even playing a main 6s class.

Quoted from kKaltUu

We had plans to cater American divisions after they voiced their disappointment in the current NA leagues, sadly that process has a lot of stuff to iron out.

UGC Currently has a couple small EU divisions. I’m not sure what those players think of UGC generally, but I assume they don’t mind being there.

I think for a lot of players and leaders in UGC, they want to take the risk of playing in ETF2L because it is much more established, and there is much more structure to the league (I had some friends who wanted to do that, but it didn’t happen).

ETF2L has a few policies and rules that are far superior to UGC’s, namely, the merc/ringer system.

(Merc/Ringer rules)
In UGC, you can have as many ringers as you want, from where you want, but the leader of the other team must agree with them. This is good in the sense that you can get a ton of mercs, but at the same time, you could be bringing in players well above the division of your team, which I’ve had people try to pull on me. The disadvantage is when leaders begin to reject players based on their running hours in the game, or to simply hurt their opponents, particularly when it’s just one player. In one match this past season in UGC, I had to ask permission to use an unrostered backup (He was unrostered at his request). But the other leader refused him for having 2,000 running hours in the game. He had less experience than the more experienced players on the team, and he’d never played above Steel.

In ETF2L, you’re allowed the one merc, and a maximum of three by approval. The advantage to this is you should only really need one merc for a match, and if you’re getting to the point of needing more, you probably shouldn’t be playing, or ask yourself serious questions about your team.

Last edited by Hidi,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Digresser

Of the dropped American teams (there are three), Southern Cross Gaming really shouldn’t have had a spot in the final tables. They only had five players on their roster when the provisional divisions were announced, and that didn’t change when the final divisions were published. While this is their leader’s fault, it’s a shame it wasn’t caught in time to replace them with a different team.

derp

Sometimes I am wondering if admins have an idea what they are talking about before they are putting a team in the final divisions.’

ಠ_ಠ

Spike Himself

TC

You need at least 5 players to play. If you’re going to rely on your opponent allowing you a merc that’s a risk you can take.

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

Quoted from Spike Himself

You need at least 5 players to play. If you’re going to rely on your opponent allowing you a merc that’s a risk you can take.

Highlander.

Digresser

|HIGA|

Quoted from Spike Himself

“Every team with less than 9 players by Monday 3rd March may get replaced. Please make sure you have enough players in your roster by this time.”

No one’s fault, just a shame that they didn’t get replaced. My guess is there wasn’t a team on the waiting list for that division.

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

http://etf2l.org/matches/47167/

:C

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

Sad but it really depends on the team, they are just focusing on other things more than ETF2L but the team in Div 3 – HIGA they are treating it really serious and doing great so you can’t say it’s only american thing, as any team can drop it’s just matter of personalities in that team.

kzr_

gR.

Quoted from Hajdzik

Sad but it really depends on the team, they are just focusing on other things more than ETF2L but the team in Div 3 – HIGA they are treating it really serious and doing great so you can’t say it’s only american thing, as any team can drop it’s just matter of personalities in that team.

They just lost 6-0 to sBooB

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

I wonder what the e stands for in etf2l

Selek

Dr. med.

Good job guys, keep cherrypicking to support your opinion even after CHERRY’s (no pun intended) database dump showed convincingly that it’s not an “American thing”.

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

It was more about carring about the etf2l they played every game, their leader is super nice and they have proper attitude to the league.

Digresser

|HIGA|

Quoted from kzr_

[…]

They just lost 6-0 to sBooB

Our loss didn’t come from not being dedicated. We had 2 teams cancel scrims with us on Saturday (both Euro), which forced us to have to have one makeshift scrim without our medic. We had some technical issues and miscommunications at the start of our Official which threw us all off our game and we never recovered from it (HIGA also always loses GPit and only GPit – I don’t know why). It was just one of those games; every team has them. I’m not trying to take away from sBoob, though. They played really well and deserved the win.

What happened with ET (the other American team) today was regrettable, but the circumstances are a little more complicated than it appears at first glance. They have low morale given their last few losses coupled with losing their chance at the UGC title a few days ago, and so fewer players than normal were online for them today. Their leader waited longer than he should have for people to come online, and, as a result, when he went to wildcard the match 20 minutes before it started and found that Steam wouldn’t let him log in, there was little for him to do (he thought) than to ask for a forfeit once he had run out of time. He didn’t know that going into IRC for an admin might have made a difference, but that was an honest mistake. He did try and he did reach out to Chessclub to apologize. What happened with ET does not stem from a lack of dedication or respect for the league, but inexperience in dealing with it.

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from Digresser

[…] What happened with ET does not stem from a lack of dedication or respect for the league, but inexperience in dealing with it.

which basically amounts to the same.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »