Forum

American teams in etf2l

Created 24th March 2014 @ 17:47

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

gielewiel9

Hey,

this season, some American teams joined etf2l (5 teams). I’m just wondering if it’s worth allowing them, when already 3 of the 5 teams dropped this season…
I think it’s kind of sad to stop them from etf2l, but hey, it was sad too when we prepared for our official versus Americans, and they didn’t even show up…
In my oppinion something should happen to prevent teams from dropping that early, in UGC, they did this aswell (with a preseason match, so you can see if you can get 9 people together). In the lower divs (4-6), already all American teams dropped this season. Now an other team in our div dropped too, so our table isn’t that full anymore…

I say, as an American team, think first before playing, you mostly know you can’t get 9 people at 12.

Actually I’m just wondering what we could do to stop more teams from dropping of, without even playing a single match…

Thanks,

Giel

quell

UbeR |

might be worth looking into the percentage of US teams that drop vs EU teams.

i think an outright ban is a bit extreme since some of them do manage to finish the season (even though many dont. curious to see whether the prem US team will bother finishing)

a possible solution would be to just stick them all together with the brazilians in divs regardless of skill. what you end up with now (as giel mentioned) is that the rare HL season you only get to play 4 out of 7 or whatever games cause teams drop.

im still behind my suggestion of banning team leaders (and possibly players) from forming new teams for 1 season, as well as preventing them from playing in the current season IF they drop within 2 games

Last edited by quell,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from gielewiel9

Hey,

this season, some American teams joined etf2l (5 teams). I’m just wondering if it’s worth allowing them, when already 3 of the 5 teams dropped this season…
I think it’s kind of sad to stop them from etf2l, but hey, it was sad too when we prepared for our official versus Americans, and they didn’t even show up…

This can happy to any team, it’s not related to their nationality.

Anyway we do usually try to put teams of the same nationality or from the same timezone into the same bracket, but the numbers don’t always add up, so it’s not always a solution.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

This can happy to any team […]

This can also sad to any team

:>

Spike Himself

TC

lol did i actually write that? derp :D

Dummy

not worth it to ban merican teams, too much hassle deciding fair rules which would also not take a bazillion hours to moderate. besides, what would you do? ban an all american team? 80% murican team? just prevent someone from joining more than 2 or 3 teams in a season, if that isnt already in place

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

I’m more curious of what the qualifications were for the NA team in Prem. But i guess it is a good thing since it creates more publicity and viewers.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Teams that do not show up to 3 games per season will be dropped and all their results nullified (unless past certain point) so if they keep doing that, that will happen.

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from Hildreth

Teams that do not show up to 3 games per season will be dropped and all their results nullified (unless past certain point) so if they keep doing that, that will happen.

with the same result for the rest of the group. less games played in a season and less fun

SimsTheSlayer

E-Boy |

European is in the name but idk i think its a eu league

jakeowaty

Quoted from SimsTheSlayer

European is in the name but idk i think its a eu league

Pretty much this.

But you can’t really control it without being unfair to others tbh.

Bulow

GG

If teams outside Europe want to play in the league with Europeans, then they should submit some screenshots of scrims vs EU teams. That would show that they’re willing and able to get 6/9 players turning up and playing. Of course, they should also have to submit screenshots if they want to skip divisions like everyone else.

Last edited by Bulow,

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from Bulow

If teams outside Europe want to play in the league with Europeans, then they should submit some screenshots of scrims vs EU teams. That would show that they’re willing and able to get 6/9 players turning up and playing. Of course, they should also have to submit screenshots if they want to skip divisions like everyone else.

That’s actually a pretty sound idea in my opinion.

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

100% of all Austrian teams dropped
100% of all Estonian teams dropped
derp

Sometimes I am wondering if people have an idea what they are talking about before they are posting.

If there’s one (there’s almost never two) American team in your division and it drops due to whatever reason… “Oh no the season is ruined for us, we have one official less than all the other divs” Seriously? Your whole season depends on having 7 officials instead of 6. In addition to that when an European team drops, you will also have one official less than all the other divs. Same effect, shocking isnt it?

What also does not work is putting all the teams in one division, there’s never enough teams to make an all American division. There might be like 8 teams, but they are not of the same skill level, so if you put all together regardless you just get a completely clusterfuck division, with no point in playing for the higher skilled as well as the lower skilled teams. Since one will get rolled and the other will get stomped. With very few in the middle having a little competetion.

And banning the team leaders from forming new teams… Has it ever come to your mind that it is not necessarily the team leaders fault if a team drops. Often enough the team leaders do everything they can to keep things together. In addition to that someone else could simply create the team, add the ex-team leader, give him leader rights and it is as if he created the team. Totally not up for abuse, right?

Same for banning everyone in the team from playing in the current or an upcoming season, often enough 2-3 players decide they do not want to play anymore, so we should punish the other 6-7+ as well, right?

How do we define European? Europe? European Union? Should we ban everyone from Israel (dont shoot me its an example :D) Should we exclude everyone from Eastern Russia? Or even all of Russia? I guess most of Turkey wont be able to play anymore as well then.
After all the Americans, if they sign up, have to play at European times, on European servers with European rules. If they think they can do that, fine, sign up. Enough European teams think they can do it and in the end they drop.

I may sound like an advocat for the American teams here, but to be honest, I do not really care if they play here or in the US or both. I just do not see why we should exclude them.
What I see though is people bringing up nonsense arguments without putting any thought into it and that is something I cannot stand at all.

ಠ_ಠ

EmilioEstevez

GG

Quoted from Sonny Black

Should we ban everyone from Israel … Should we exclude everyone from Eastern Russia? Or even all of Russia? I guess most of Turkey wont be able to play anymore as well then.

Now that you mention it.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »