Forum

Who locked Arx's thread?

Created 11th April 2009 @ 12:37

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 9 Next »

Extremer

godwins law people, move along!

Heliana

http://www.admirable.me.uk/tf2/demos/20090406-2114-PCW-wotr2-vs-Zee-ctf_turbine-cp_granary.rar //04-07-2009

http://www.admirable.me.uk/tf2/demos/20090331-2122-PCW-wotr2-vs-Zee-cp_well-cp_badlands.rar //04-01-2009

i smell some haxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (joke)

ZyX

pck.`

+1 with nub

Sad to see it s someone from old k1ck again in this case. And hard to accept it without any proof available except for etf2l admins.

For exemple, after the “Flo” case from Colorz (whom i never talked to and never heard of before), i watched a demo of a match in which admins said he was using an aimbot. If he was using one, it had to be the worst aimbot ever made…
Some people would say he can activate it at key moments but all the “key” moments in the demo (where he could’ve kill the medic for exemple), he just did crap…

In real life, i never heard you can put people in jail without showing evidence of what crime they did.

It s nice to see how much admins are looking for cheaters and i know it takes some time but i disagree totally with the “we don’t show proof” policy and i can’t/won’t believe any accusations as long as prooves are not available to players.

“witches, burn them all”

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

One thing that made me laugh…. ‘If you give out the demos the hackers will know what caught them!’

That’s complete bull lol, it’s obvious what caught them. A spectator recording, a STV demo recording, or an internal clan mate recording (or I guess an uploaded first person demo).

We aren’t asking for their techniques in deciding if a certain instance in the demo was wallhack suspicious. Just for the demo’s they used to determine it. People can argue for or against based on the same demos that the admins used to come to their conclusion.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Why the hell do they have to hand out demos to joe public?
If your not in their clan its nothing to do with you. If Arx is going to be send the demos with valid proof, then case closed until he gets it?

Syr

techniques to spot cheaters -.-
mat_wireframe is really overrated

Winneh

[s7]

Right Arx, and since you probably have no idear what to look for, how would you want to spot something ?

As example:
Then it goes on, you dont believe us (as u cant find anything) and start the whole thing over – and where should that lead us ?
You would post everything public (since you have just proven that you cant be trusted with sensitive stuff) and there you go, flame war of its finest as some ppl spot something and confirm admins decision and others dont.

Now THATS b******* tbh

edit: who the hell uses mat_wireframe ? We, dont.

Waebi

‹Con›

“2) Giving out demo’s is pointless because unless you have experience they won’t mean anything.”

maybe i do?

Heliana

lol srsly winneh you are funny , le funny

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

This is all getting too much.
I think we need to see publicly available evidence and methods.
Innocent until proven guilty!
Perhaps we could implement some sort of jury system with non-disclosure agreement (breach of which = ban)? :)

nubonamission

burn

Exactly waebi, maybe we do

And I think Winneh you haven’t read a word: “(since you have just proven that you cant be trusted with sensitive stuff)”

That’s the whole point, it *needs* to be public

Winneh

[s7]

“I think we need to see publicly available evidence and methods.”

Right, maybe urls for a few private hacks pages aswell ?

no comment, srsly

But nvm we have learned from that, we wont try to contact players or team leaders again if we get to ban any more ppl.

piece

How is this handled on big sites like ESL?
If they catch u cheating, do they give out any proof or evidence?
Or do they simply ban you?

Any player who made it to div1 should have enough experience and game knowledge to spot a cheater. Don’t release the demos publicly, fine – but don’t completely exclude the option that the ETF2L admins might be wrong. Select 5 experienced players that the community trust, and consult them when going through demos.

Master

Actimel

And from i know my player will be banned too. I can understand that you will not show us evidence. But some more informantion like – war with this team, pickups between x/y days, source tv demo. I will check his demo after easter too from any other league and see. Ppl said he is using different rates and interp, but not aim bot.

And it is good idea to show some demos for honest and trusted ppl from community.

Its hard to get info that you are banned from league for aimbot, wallhack but i can’t tell you when U used it, I will not show you evidence or just even say it was pcw, pickup, official or public.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 9 Next »