Forum

Who locked Arx's thread?

Created 11th April 2009 @ 12:37

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 9 Next »

nubonamission

burn

This is what I am saying, it is really like being in a totalitarian state here. People asking for proof, ETF2L not giving proof or justifying their actions to the community.

Locking threads where people are trying to have their say. Call out the SS quick!

Bones

[SAS]
[SAS]

2+2=5

Winneh

[s7]

Check the other thread, will be unlocked when news are beeing published.

nubonamission

burn

OK that is fair, glad that is cleared up.

Next point,

I see the big question rises again “why dont we give out evidence”, simple answer:
this thread !

That is no good reason, people need evidence. People cannot be thrown in Jail (In civilised countries, or countries where we aren’t under some kind of totalitarian regieme) without evidence being realised to the public. This is an extremely important part of the justice system, without which it would be like living in hell where Big Brother can do what it likes, and tells us it has reasons its just not going to tell us (i.e. it can get away with anything).

The ETF2L cannot be an exeption, the same rules apply.

F2

Danmark

Publishing evidence will make it much easier for all the other cheaters to avoid being caught. You really want that?

eoN^

For god sake, look, if you dont trust the admins to make a sure decision then dont play in this league?

Simple enough…

Go make your own league and see how it goes ;)

Winneh

[s7]

Well, evidence is sensitive material, just like informing a teamleader privately.
We trusted arx to keep that informations confidentially until the news are published.
(we want to inform every banned player before we publish the news)
… and what happened ?

We cant trust ppl to keep files or informations confidential, and that thread just cornfirmed it once again.

nubonamission

burn

The ignorance here is unbelievably stifling. Not releasing the information is what happened under Hitler’s regime, it is the feature of some of the world’s greatest literature in books like Orwell’s 1984, and it is what happens in Guantanamo bay. Murder trials etc, they will make it easier for murderer’s to get away with it, but still we keep murder trails open to the public. If you do not understand the reason why, then you lack an understanding of what it means to be a human being in a society.

N/A

RaWr ::

Yeah this is a joke, evidence should be given to players, it will help other cheaters being spotted by other players as well as they know what to look out for. SIMPLEZ

RaCio

GoT²

Here we go again…

1) Players are not getting banned without proof, there is proof, we just won’t get to see it.

2) Giving out demo’s is pointless because unless you have experience they won’t mean anything. And even if you do, it won’t prove someone innocent.

3) Giving out evidence is not a good idea since the hacker in question can just buy a new tf2 account and avoid making the mistakes the admins used to catch him.

4) People say they suspected him from having an aimbot and think it’s strange he got banned for having a wallhack. It’s not, most popular tf2 hacks have everything in one package.

SfynX

T2P

well tbh etf2l should allow the evidence to be given out to only a certain number of people, preferably people that the community trust. I do agree however that people will use this to make themselves less likely to be caught cheating!

well thats my thought anyway

thaldarin

Godwins law makes me lol so hard.

Hitler was 60 years ago, Hitler caused a world war, Hitler was a racist. Hitler was lots of things. We don’t care about Hitler so stop comparing him to the banning of a cheat in ETF2L. Quite simply if you cheat, you get banned, if you don’t like it go play somewhere else.

Jonni

[FB]

nubonamission lost me when he started comparing to nazi’s. thanks nub.

nubonamission

burn

Well Jonni, we are talking about purely internally regulated systems, which are thus vulnerable to the highest abuse. This is why all trials are public in most countries.

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

Heil, mein ETF2L

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 9 Next »