Forum

Pikalash being banned, wallhacking

Created 11th April 2009 @ 12:08

Locked Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Unofficially at the moment but expected to be made official soon. Again the admins refuse to give out evidence (even a simple demo recording that they used to incriminate the guy). Am I the only one who thinks that is wrong? It’s quite easy for unrelated players in the community to trust the admin’s opinion as they have nothing to lose from it. But should players in the guys team just ‘accept’ the admins decision or do you feel they at least have a right to see the evidence before taking appropriate action?

I have confidence in the admin team’s ability to stamp cheating out of this league, but by not providing public evidence, it shows an element of uncertainty, like ‘Our opinion is final, you will not have the option to prepare a defence case’.

A wallhack can be a tricky call and the last thing I would want is for any player in this community to be banned incorrectly. Game sounds, team comms, prediction, instincts and experience need to be taken into account and for this reason, many wallhack explanations can be explained or at least deemed inconclusive.

If for example, Wireplay decided to ban one of your players for cheating, but wouldn’t give your team any proof of him actually cheating, and asuming the player in question denies it. Would you just jump in an accept the opinion of the wireplay admins? or would you question it… request evidence. What about ukesa? etf2l?

Am I the only person in the community who wants to see an element of proof to these bans? I will FULLY support a ban that has proof attached to it. Everyone wants to play a fair game, myself included. This ban won’t be overturned, the admin team has made up their mind. The difference is, the member in question would no doubt be excluded from the team in the event of them cheating. Would any of you dismiss a player from your team based solely on the admins accusations? If the admin team said to Dignitas, ‘Bybben used a wallhack’, we won’t show proof but he’s banned. Would you guys (Dignitas) kick him out the team, say “Cya later hacker!” or would they demand proof before taking any action. It’s obvious which would happen. They would need the evidence to proceed further, otherwise the ETF2L admin’s integrety would be put in question, and they wouldn’t want players in the community not trusting their accusations. That can only damage the league.

I’ve had enough of all these cheating incidents surrounding our team. Yes, arguing a defence for cheaters definately doesn’t help my personal reputation, and while that is regretable, I don’t feel it’s wrong for me to put up a defend case for a player who has been accused without proof. The different between me and say, a defence lawyer in a court case is that the defence lawyer has to argue even if he knows the man is guilty. They wil push for things like a smaller sentence, look for inconsistencies or holes in the system. They get paid for it. All i’m looking for, is conclusive proof and everything would get dropped (like with payard though the proof came from internally). Otherwise I can just asume that the admin’s have jumped the gun on this one because it is a member of the team where 2 players have been caught. That can cloud a judgement for sure but I beleive the ETF2L admins are beyond that.

In short this post is not about overturning a ban, it is about obtaining evidence before action can be taken. The question would be if a player of your team got banned by the etf2l admin team. Would you remove them from your team without proof of the accusation? Or would you demand proof to allow you to make your own judgement and/or prepare a case for them. Don’t answer this in relevence to this particular case. Answer this if it was a member of your team.

Lastly I’d like to appologise to some certain admins. I know I’ve posted this prematurely, but I’d rather instigate the thread than have to respond to the instant flame that will occur after it’s been made official. I support the work you guys do to catch cheaters in this community. I am on your side, if someone cheats, I want them banned, simple enough. If there’s anything I can ever do to help, just ask, but releasing a demo isn’t going to spoil your secret methods of catching cheaters. Players can see spectators (we’ve had a few in our games), STV can be asumed to be recording at all times. How you evaluate the demos, that’s your techniques, you don’t have to argue for them but the evidence should at least be made available to the public to ensure trust in the admin’s decisions as well as allowing teams with cheaters to take appropriate action.

Have fun community, flame away!
Arx.

nubonamission

burn

Definately I would like to see the evidence, I have played against him and I don’t recall experiencing anything unexpected. If the admins refuse there is a serious problem here, parallels between ETF2L and 1984 shall begin to arise?

skinnie

TCM

I always suspected that Pikalash guy of using some kind of cheat in 2 of the pcws we played arx and so did Arnold

it’s the only time i was really convinced i was playing against a cheater

AcidReniX

Skinnie, i’ve even said to Beta that he was ‘dodgey’. If I was expecting a ban though, i’d be expecting an aimbot, triggerbot or something similar. Wallhack was a shock.

I know a tonne of dodgey players though, i’d still want to see proof reguardless.

skinnie

TCM

yes tbh i suspected him of using a triggerbot in our pcws but wallhack is hard to spot

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

thought he aimbotted

Troels

WUL

what is triggerbot ? :s

Rele

Triggerbot will shoot as soon as you point at your enemy automatically afaik.

fully agree with arx btw

nvc

22:46 @AcidReniX • I play for k1ck because they have talent…

Heliana

pika ban for wallhack , i lol’d irl

realy pro anti cheat admin srsly , good job LoL

ChOun

iCon

Same problem as Flo, the administration accuses but refuses to give any evidence to the same person. Result, Flo is banished from the league for 1 year, not cheat, and cheaters are dealt with at each PCW: s. The ETF2L is the only league having banished all other leagues (UKES, edtf2l, lftf2, ftftl, wireplay) Flo have not banned their league. We play all our PCW and officials with xray anti cheat, from the one may wonder how far a league she can go to ban players, especially the private interest of fictitious evidence remains for the players in question .

http://www.xraygaming.com/index.php?pageid=clans&tag=ColorZ

Oggy

Either get a anticheat plugin for the servers or a program such as aequitas or start providing proof, it can’t be that hard to make a avi proving the guy as a cheater.

The whole thing is becoming too much for it just to be you’re word, not that I don’t think you guys are trustworthy but with a community this large there needs to be some kinda of proof not just you guys saying that they cheat.

Stimpack

pck.`

Tack being banning for aimboting wtf ?

skinnie

TCM

didn’t understand a single word from your post there Choun

u use xray in every pcw ??

AcidReniX

Well the thing is. Programs like Aequitas do add a false sense of security. Sure they do deter cheating, but if someone really wanted to get around it, there are ways to do so. They can then use the excuse ‘I had aequitas running, i can’t cheat’.

It’s a shame VAC isn’t better and that most of the anti cheats suck.

Locked Pages: 1 2 3 Next »