Forum

Is it inappropriate?

Created 9th March 2014 @ 17:59

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Kaneco

Quoted from jakeowaty

[…]

+1
It was funny I guess, but admins are people too. Also considering admins are usually in their early twenties, I wouldn’t expect as much maturity as you get from CS community for example.

>I wouldn’t expect as much maturity as you get from CS community for example.
>as much maturity as you get from CS community for example.
>maturity you get from CS community for example.
>maturity
>CS community

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Link!

.:ne:.

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]
>I wouldn’t expect as much maturity as you get from CS community for example.
>as much maturity as you get from CS community for example.
>maturity you get from CS community for example.
>maturity
>CS community

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

joke’s on you bud

jakeowaty

Talking about the professional, competetive community, not the hacking kids with e-dick complex, ye nerd.

Popcorp

Quoted from jakeowaty

Talking about the professional, competetive community, not the hacking kids with e-dick complex, ye nerd.

Sadly, ETF2L is not professional comp. community, if it was, we would have a lil bit of democracy here, like choosing what maps we should play in 6s and HL, easy way is to make a Poll, make MAYBE a restriction to Div 3+ only players who can vote, because from what i heard, only prem players can decide what we play, not the community…

So yeah, i don’t think that ETF2L is a professional Tf2 comp. community until there’s going to be a bit more of a democracy and less drama (bad time to start HL season for example, nobody listened that we didnt want to play HL that early, which resulted in less teams signing up for HL)

jakeowaty

That is what I said: we aren’t as mature as the any other professional, supported competetive community… Simply because we aren’t as supported.

And that’s because TF2 was meant to be a casual game from the start, whereas Dota(rds), CS or any other given game were designed for competetive format.

Last edited by jakeowaty,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Popcorp

like choosing what maps we should play in 6s and HL

http://etf2l.org/forum/feedback/

easy way is to make a Poll, make MAYBE a restriction to Div 3+ only players who can vote, because from what i heard, only prem players can decide what we play, not the community…

It is true – players with a decent understanding of the game are vastly outnumbered, but they aren’t necessarily all above div3. This is why polls don’t work. As pointed out above, anyone is welcome to create a thread in the feedback forums, or post in one if it already exists.

bad time to start HL season for example, nobody listened that we didnt want to play HL that early, which resulted in less teams signing up for HL)

The community want more seasons per year and also want more time inbetween seasons. You have to choose – you can’t have both.

In my personal opinion, losing a season in a year is a far bigger deal than what happened now, so I think my HL colleagues did a pretty good job choosing for the lesser evil.

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Yes it is inappropriate.

dodgydogman

Panda

Quoted from Spike Himself

The community want more seasons per year and also want more time inbetween seasons. You have to choose – you can’t have both.

Why not make each season consist of 1 orange or mariocart map, this way there can be double the seasons with plenty of space inbetween.. This is why tf2 is dying, league admins refusing to adapt.

Tf2 is mainly played in public matches, so why not emulate this in a competitive format. We need 16 vs 16 pyro only matches on idle or trade maps to draw the casual demographic. I find it highly racist that you refuse these simple requests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6GaPkkGZGw

Last edited by dodgydogman,

jakeowaty

Quoted from Spike Himself

In my personal opinion, losing a season in a year is a far bigger deal than what happened now, so I think my HL colleagues did a pretty good job choosing for the lesser evil.

I agree with Spike on this one.

You can also choose. There is a sway of attention from UGC to ETF2L in EU community, with Wireplay in the same time simply make a choice, what you want to focus on, and play with a fun team in one or two of these leagues or don’t play at all. I like being given a few options to choose from.

konr

popcorp ur dumb
yes it’s inappropriate and doesn’t make sense and therefore isn’t even funny

Popcorp

Quoted from konr

popcorp ur dumb
yes it’s inappropriate and doesn’t make sense and therefore isn’t even funny

ok, prove me wrong nub

du är skit konr

Last edited by Popcorp,

Kaneco

Quoted from jakeowaty

That is what I said: we aren’t as mature as the any other professional, supported competetive community… Simply because we aren’t as supported.

And that’s because TF2 was meant to be a casual game from the start, whereas Dota(rds), CS or any other given game were designed for competetive format.

Sorry but what does dev support or the competitive format of a game have to do with the maturity of its community?

CS community is and has always been a cesspool of kids and people with bad attitude while the tf2 community is in general one of the most mature and friendly I have come across.

jakeowaty

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

How many times do I have to repeat, that I mean the competetive community, AS IN casters, sponsors, teams, and devs themselves.

Here we are a community of casters, teams and players for the most part, but since we have so many teams competing on different levels in a different age range, it’s hard to get the mature level of the CS comp scene. Playing casually is a different thing from playing competetive in any game.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

Sorry but what does dev support or the competitive format of a game have to do with the maturity of its community?

A lot, I would say. Particularly at the higher levels of play, where people would be a lot more serious when it involves large cash prizes and lots of attention from potential orgs and sponsors.

konr

I don’t need to prove you wrong popcorp, Spike already did.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »