Quoted from Cuttlefish

[…]

Yes!

YES !!!

CHERRY

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

Why isn’t everything on etf2l an app yet? So 2008, get with the times wow

An app could be good, but there’s a difference between being outdated intentionally and because of lack of resources.
I’m sorry if you felt offended with my response, I understand what you meant, value your opinion and I am currently working on making it look less two dimensional right now, but gradients are just not the good way for this.

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from CHERRY

[…]
An app could be good, but there’s a difference between being outdated intentionally and because of lack of resources.

I’m pretty sure he was joking.

CHERRY

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

[…]
I’m pretty sure he was joking.

I know he was being sarcastic, but I felt like he was upset.

Anyway: Without/With shadows.

Kaneco

Quoted from CHERRY

[…]
I know he was being sarcastic, but I felt like he was upset.

Anyway: Without/With shadows.

Definitely with, highlights the elements from the background a bit.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

With is a lot nicer, I really enjoy the style of the site as well.

I know this part might get frowned upon but maybe have a look into alternative advertising methods incorporated in to the design. This is mainly so you can have a “head” sponsor, some sites have backgrounds with their sponsors (e.g ttesports), this could be good for ETF2L as you could sell that ad space for more money and still have the other sponsors in the banner.

It’s not a brilliant idea but if it means extra funding for future prize pools I’m all for it but strangely enough I wouldn’t want it if the website would look like shit.

basshead

mid

this shit is tight homie

Kaneco

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

I know this part might get frowned upon but maybe have a look into alternative advertising methods incorporated in to the design. This is mainly so you can have a “head” sponsor, some sites have backgrounds with their sponsors (e.g ttesports), this could be good for ETF2L as you could sell that ad space for more money and still have the other sponsors in the banner.

It’s not a brilliant idea but if it means extra funding for future prize pools I’m all for it but strangely enough I wouldn’t want it if the website would look like shit.

What you might be mentioning is a website takeover (http://designcareer.wordpress.com/2012/05/14/designing-homepage-takeover-skins/) and that is an entire different kind of ad which incorporates into the whole site background usually, and its also usually much more financially rewarding but temporary (ie: special promotion or period)

CHERRY

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

It won’t work on responsive design.

Fallen

TC

Quoted from CHERRY

[…]
It won’t work on responsive design.

advertising/revenue > responsive design

Also I know I’m not a web design master, but I don’t really understand why it wouldn’t (partially) work?

CHERRY

Quoted from Fallen

[…]

advertising/revenue > responsive design

Also I know I’m not a web design master, but I don’t really understand why it wouldn’t (partially) work?

Because webpage scales automatically and ads won’t be visible on phones/tablets and low resolution computer screens. Advertisers can detect if something is overlapping ad. And I already have two spots for google ads.

Last edited by CHERRY,

Marik

This design looks really good, and I really like the landscape background, even with it and the shadows it remains clean enough. Can’t wait to see it go live. Good job !

CHERRY

Got the new flags
Recruitment is finished
(background normally stays in place)
Smartphone view

Last edited by CHERRY,

Kaneco

Quoted from CHERRY

Got the new flags
Recruitment is finished
(background normally stays in place)
Smartphone view

Much better flags :P, altough I feel they would work better with a small outline or a slight shadow? Can you try it?

Also the recruitment post seems cool but I think the original post itself should have a different color as well (same as the responses to the rec post)

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

this is shaping up really well
I’m getting anal over the flags though, it seems they aren’t centred with the line of text (too low down)

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 13 Next »