Forum

ONC medium bracket finale default wins

Created 29th January 2014 @ 23:30

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Wiethoofd

(Newswriter)
LvG

At the moment it looks like the ‘medium bracket’ for the cp_sunshine ONC will be won by a default win because of reasons: (Matchpage http://etf2l.org/matches/47098
– TEZC doesn’t want to play against players of the same HL team they barely won from in the semi-finals
– Husholdningssaft can’t play tomorrow because they don’t have enough players because of pcws
– ETF2L hasn’t asked the 2 other semi-finalists to play in the final

I might miss some information here and there, but as shared 3rd place in the round of 16 and people online at the time of this ‘default’ “win” we might have been able to play instead…

Even though this is a One Night “Cup” this feels more like a joke to me. WTETF2L!

ash

(Legend)
:D

what’s this about unregistered players? Wasn’t it 2 mercs allowed by default?

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Shut up. I WILL NOT BE SILENCED

Last edited by T0m,

hp

Quoted from T0m

Shut up. I WILL NOT BE SILENCED

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

What is it with people refusing to play teams that have players who played in a higher division at some point? You only get better by playing better teams…

Quoted from Wiethoofd

At the moment it looks like the ‘medium bracket’ for the cp_sunshine ONC will be won by a default win because of reasons: (Matchpage http://etf2l.org/matches/47098
– TEZC doesn’t want to play against players of the same HL team they barely won from in the semi-finals
– Husholdningssaft can’t play tomorrow because they don’t have enough players because of pcws
– ETF2L hasn’t asked the 2 other semi-finalists to play in the final

WTETF2L!

I think you’re confusing a lot of details. (or i’m misunderstanding you.) We never played TEZC in the semi finals. ETF2L did ask us to play the 3rd place team, but we 5-0 them in the semi and it was midnight at that point so i declined politely. TEZC didn’t play us because

1. It was late and some of their members had left at that point and it was painfully obvious this was not a good time for them to play the final

2. We couldn’t play the next day

3. We were a fun team in a one-day cup and we had too many high div players. We probably should have played in the higher bracket, and i apologize if we in any way destroyed anyone’s fun with off-classing and shenanigans. TEZC felt it would be “pointless to play”, but i think it could have been a fun match.

LaMqTa

fenneks

Where is the sportsmanship? And moreover this is just a cup. Just Husholdningssaft should’ve left their “div2” player on the bench and get an div4/5 merc and just play this game. Otherwise TEZC should’ve just played this game without complaining too much about this div2 player, because giving a default win on final is a total pity in my honest opinion. One wise man once said

If you don’t try, you’re already a loser

If you were all playing for money, you should be bitching about stupid things like this…but meh..its just a cup.

Quoted from LaMqTa

. Just Husholdningssaft should’ve left their “div2” player on the bench and get an div4/5 merc and just play this game.

We did get a d4 rostered player to replace him. They didn’t want to play.

Last edited by Lazybear,

LaMqTa

fenneks

Quoted from Lazybear

[…]

We did get a d4 rostered player to replace him. They didn’t want to play.

Yea i just read it on the chatlog…my fault. Well, then there is no point of this topic. You offered them an alternative plan, they didn’t like it even you were without your “div2” player. Congratz to you and your team for the 1st place. :)

Last edited by LaMqTa,

Bulow

GG

I’d like to take this opportunity to say that Solid was the worst pocket I have ever played with. Inviting an MGE tryhard to fun cup was a foolish mistake.

Quoted from Bulow

I’d like to take this opportunity to say that Solid was the worst pocket I have ever played with. Inviting an MGE tryhard to fun cup was a foolish mistake.

bullets discharged

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Wiethoofd

I might miss some information here and there, but as shared 3rd place in the round of 16 and people online at the time of this ‘default’ “win” we might have been able to play instead…

If I’m not mistaken your team were eliminated in the semis. That’s how a single elim works. If the team that beat you, or their opponent, then goes on to forfeit the finals, that’s up to them, but is entirely irrelevant to the fact you were still eliminated from the cup the round before.

Also the goal of this cup was gathering map feedback. As already pointed out above, it’s not like there was any prize money at stake.
If you wish to play this against a better team, or any other team at all, by all means hop into IRC and find a game at any level you wish.

Quoted from Wiethoofd

WTETF2L!

What does that mean?

Wiethoofd

(Newswriter)
LvG

Quoted from Spike Himself

If I’m not mistaken your team were eliminated in the semis. That’s how a single elim works. If the team that beat you, or their opponent, then goes on to forfeit the finals, that’s up to them, but is entirely irrelevant to the fact you were still eliminated from the cup the round before.

It was a golden cap with a very close finish, agreed, eliminated is eliminated. But we weren’t even considered to play against the other semi finalist for a possible rematch.

Also the goal of this cup was gathering map feedback.

Horrible map, only if lasts => second gets less exits it might be a viable map to play once every x weeks.

As already pointed out above, it’s not like there was any prize money at stake.

So since there is no prize money the admins won’t even bother making everyone play or giving them a fair chance for that pixel trophy… :/

What does that mean?

Yell it out loud, you’ll understand.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Wiethoofd

[…]
It was a golden cap with a very close finish, agreed, eliminated is eliminated. But we weren’t even considered to play against the other semi finalist for a possible rematch.

Sorry, I don’t think I’m following.. Why would you have to be considered for anything?

So since there is no prize money the admins won’t even bother making everyone play or giving them a fair chance for that pixel trophy… :/

The point I was making is that it’s not as big a deal as you’re making it out to be. Like skeej pointed out, if there were prizes involved I think everyone would understand why this could be an annoying situation to be in, but there was nothing to win here.

Also, “the admins won’t even bother making everyone play or giving them a fair chance” – isn’t that exactly what happened? You had a fair chance but you lost..

Horrible map, only if lasts => second gets less exits it might be a viable map to play once every x weeks.
[…]

I doubt the map maker is going to be looking in this thread, so your feedback is better off posted in the cp_sunshine feedback thread, which can be found here: http://etf2l.org/forum/maps/topic-27122/

Yell it out loud, you’ll understand.

Sorry, didn’t work :(

rarecandy

play or ban imo

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »