Forum

New maps(or older) in competitive

Created 29th October 2013 @ 08:23

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Snowstorm

Personally, I am getting bored of the exactly same maps in competitive matches. Why doesn’t ETF2L allow a wider variety of maps so that teams can choose different maps? I am not saying that Badlands,Granary,Process etc are not good maps,I am saying that older maps should also be allowed, maps like Obscure,Coldfront/Warmfront. Those maps were also used in competitive and I think they should still be accepted. When was the last time you watched a competitive match on Coldfront?!

What do you guys think about this idea?

P.S.: I know that Metalworks was recently introduced in competitive, but I think older maps should be introduced.

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Oh it’s this thread again

Snowstorm

Quoted from Russian Guyovich

Oh it’s this thread again

Was there another thread like this?

Setsul

Yes that happens all the time.
Hint: Most of the “old maps” aren’t played anymore because they are horrible.

AnimaL

yes these threads appear at least once a month

but yea, most maps that have been removed is only because they were horrible to play… with an exception of say gravelpit and turbine that actually aint bad maps but 6v6 players outside of prem cba to learn an alternative game mode

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from AnimaL

with an exception of say gravelpit and turbine that actually aint bad maps

Good one

xzr

being back gravelpit and turbine and keep granary in the pool

newfags just bad and cant play them =(

Fuxx

REMOVE

cp_badlands
To keep an old and well known map for tradition’s sake

cp_process_final
cp_metalworks_rc5
As much as I like snakewater at a personal level, I cannot say that it “fits”, there’s just something off-putting about it when it comes to wanting a competitive map.
I do think process should remain because it just seems to flow well in competitive. Metalworks is also very recent to the etf2l scene and while some may argue about poor aesthetics, I like to think that the map is generally well designed to make for an interesting competitive match.

cp_gravelpit
Stop being pansies, just because a map isn’t symmetrical doesn’t mean it’s not fit for 6v6. Bring it back.

cp_freight_final1
Good map that promotes offclassing and a more diverse playstyle.

cp_coldfront
If anything, this map just seems like a proper 6v6 competitive map. Personally, I’d prefer this over the unappealing viaduct. I would’ve thrown in here a KOTH map instead to replace viaduct, but I couldn’t really find one that seemed proper enough.

ctf_convoy_v2
It’d be refreshing to have a ctf map that isn’t 100% DM based (Turbine) nor a perpetual stalemate (every single other ctf map). “Convoy? Surely you’re out of your mind!” Not at all. Sure, the map tends to be played mainly in non serious pubs in which the average player is a mic spamming teenager with obvious animal associated fetishes or other abnormalities, but if you can look beyond that to feel the map itself you may see that it has a lot of unexplored potential for interesting 6v6 to occur. Matches casted in this map would also be quite amusing.

/2 cents

Last edited by Fuxx,

Califax

dyn.

Quoted from Fuxx

cp_freight_final1

Stopped reading after that…

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from Califax

[…]

Stopped reading after that…

http://pocketnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/yeah-well-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.gif

e: Out of curiosity though, what do you find unappealing about it?

Last edited by Fuxx,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Having played freight before, I can confirm that map is the devil.

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from Fuxx

[…]

http://pocketnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/yeah-well-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.gif

Trains and last point is too easy to defend primarily

AnimaL

Quoted from Fuxx

[…]

you can hold last point for 30min without any risk if you feel like it

Fuxx

REMOVE

That’s a shame, though it’s not really important as it’s not new to competitive.

I do however want to see your reactions to the convoy suggestion, as I expected that one to be the most controversial one.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Old maps huh, what about actual old maps like dustbowl, goldrush, well and hydro? Now there’s some ‘old maps’. The ones you listed are all new.

The reason they don’t get played anymore is because when they were played problems were noticed.

freight – hold last forever
cold/warm – snipe into forward spawn from half a map away
obscure – last…ewwwww
turbine – deadlock snore fest

I could continue. Suffice it to say if a map has been played and problems are found that you can’t see then guess what? It’s your eyes that are the problem, not the judgment of your peers from a couple of years ago.

Unless you think the community decided, randomly, to stop playing these maps for no reason at all? Because that makes sense.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »