Forum

Please ban the Medic class

Created 12th July 2013 @ 14:08

Locked Pages: 1 2 Next »

I operate a small 5

Dear fellow competitive tf2 fans,

you may be in the mood to write a butthurt message, or a claim me a troll; but please listen to the reasoning I have put into this.

I have been watching a whole lot of 6v6 and played a ton of higlander. I have also accumulated over 2300 hours of TF2 gameplay across my accounts. I am coming out of read-only to post this.

I have considered the ban of Vita Saw, investigating it’s abilities and the reasons behind the ban.

By the end of the day, we play competetive tf2 to have fun. Vita Saw is not fun, because:

* 20% uber advantage is a crap ton.

* Not fun to play against – the other team gets too much (+20% uber) for too little (-10 hp)

* Takes no skill – the medic only has to click two times and die to get advantage

* If one Medic is using it the other Medic is _forced_ to run it if they want ro have a chance.

Let’s take a look at the Medic:

* Uber advantage, no comment

* The team sacrifices, like, a Sniper or some other class whatever this game has for free healing

* Takes no skill – you only have to hold M1 and mash wasd, big deal

Here is the freaking killer:

IF THE OTHER TEAM RUNS MEDIC, YOU ARE FUCKED. YOU ARE FORCED TO RUN IT. Think demoman, except medic is a lame class halting the pace of the game.

That is a killer. Imagine Counter-Strike having medpack like some sort of server running a plugin – that would make the game lame.

Draw the parallel between the utter nightmare of overpowered that is Vita Saw and Medic.

Ace

I agree

Spike Himself

TC

2300 hours isn’t enough apparently (or much at all for that matter).

The whole TF2 metagame revolves around the ubercharge mechanic. You don’t have that without a medic. If you play without a medic, people will die lots, which will probably result in people playing very passively, slowing down the game massively. The game is slow enough as it is so that really isn’t a step forward.

If you have issues with the vita-saw, then say you have issues with the vita-saw.

Banning the most important class in the game just because of some item is a bit silly, wouldn’t you agree?

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

I hope you realize that banning medics would mean pushing chokes is impossible.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

top lel

Turbo

-ƒ$-BLAH
sniper

Pls no its the only class i can play with my autism

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

This is completely sexist, what are all the girls going to play then?!?!

SmAsH

[DA]
[DA]

I love how he/she has taken the effort to attemp to write a stong ban the medic argument.

Missed major key points for having a medic.

AND

compared CSS to TF2!

Turbo

-ƒ$-BLAH
sniper

Quoted from Permzilla

heuheuheueheuheeeeheeeh

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from Permzilla

huoy

Turbo

-ƒ$-BLAH
sniper

Quoted from I operate a small 5

Dear fellow competitive tf2 fans,

you may be in the mood to write a butthurt message, or a claim me a troll; but please listen to the reasoning I have put into this.

I have been watching a whole lot of 6v6 and played a ton of higlander. I have also accumulated over 2300 hours of TF2 gameplay across my accounts. I am coming out of read-only to post this.

I have considered the ban of Vita Saw, investigating it’s abilities and the reasons behind the ban.

By the end of the day, we play competetive tf2 to have fun. Vita Saw is not fun, because:

* 20% uber advantage is a crap ton.

* Not fun to play against – the other team gets too much (+20% uber) for too little (-10 hp)

* Takes no skill – the medic only has to click two times and die to get advantage

* If one Medic is using it the other Medic is _forced_ to run it if they want ro have a chance.

Let’s take a look at the Medic:

* Uber advantage, no comment

* The team sacrifices, like, a Sniper or some other class whatever this game has for free healing

Here is the freaking killer:

IF THE OTHER TEAM RUNS MEDIC, YOU ARE FUCKED. YOU ARE FORCED TO RUN IT. Think demoman, except medic is a lame class halting the pace of the game.

That is a killer. Imagine Counter-Strike having medpack like some sort of server running a plugin – that would make the game lame.

Draw the parallel between the utter nightmare of overpowered that is Vita Saw and Medic.

http://i.imgur.com/pfuNIvt.jpg

Setsul

The same can be said about
demo
heavy
engi (to a lesser extent, you’re not forced to run it but it slows the game)

And guess what, all these classes have a classlimit of 1 in comp (engi only in some leagues).
Now go back to thinking.

Inuy

#sadboys

http://i.imgur.com/GnPO8.jpg

AnimaL

pennyfarming, please, contain yourself!

I operate a small 5

Quoted from Spike Himself

2300 hours isn’t enough apparently (or much at all for that matter).

The whole TF2 metagame revolves around the ubercharge mechanic. You don’t have that without a medic. If you play without a medic, people will die lots, which will probably result in people playing very passively, slowing down the game massively. The game is slow enough as it is so that really isn’t a step forward.

If you have issues with the vita-saw, then say you have issues with the vita-saw.

Banning the most important class in the game just because of some item is a bit silly, wouldn’t you agree?

Well, if vitasaw was legal, the game would revolve around vitasaw equip.

Quoted from SmAsH

Missed major key points for having a medic.

AND

compared CSS to TF2!

a. The point of medic is to compensate for your lack of strafing skills with a guy (or a girl, females make good medics) who presses mouse1 and wasd.

b. Both games are played in comp format, what’s not to like.

Quoted from Inuy

[…]

[…]

http://i.imgur.com/GnPO8.jpg

Whoa, reaction image response, please leave to wherever people do that.

Locked Pages: 1 2 Next »