Forum

Process to go official

Created 5th July 2013 @ 18:58

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Python

http://www.teamfortress.com/?tab=blog

Wow, valve are actually adding more community maps into the game, bout’ time someone put some sense into them..

Shame they chose standin over snakewater, but at least process got in. :]

Thalash

wG
S-O

ripbadwater

Guyyst

JI

I wonder how they “fixed” spawncamping on badwater

WLAN-Kabel

[CWC]

wtf is standin?

.s

Quoted from WLAN-Kabel

wtf is standin?

Cp_standin is a 3 control point map based off cp_fallout. The map is domination style, the first team to capture all three control points wins the round.

Some guys say its a good 6v6 map, lol.

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

I really don’t think Process deserves to be made official. I’m not bashing on it, it’s my 2nd favourite 6v6 map, but it isn’t going to appeal to public players at all so there’s no point whatsoever.
I feel like a map being official should be a map that’s a super popular custom rotation map, like Cashworks, that by making official brings it a wider audience. Process is just a competitive map. It’s not made for public play and making it official isn’t going to make anyone play it. Who plays Gullywash on public? Nobody. I’ve never even seen a server running Gullywash. That’s because it’s not a good public map.
Furthermore Process isn’t really aesthetically up to scratch either. If you compare it to granary then it looks fine, but that was 2007. Compare it to one of the later maps such as ThunderMountain and it just gets absolutely trounced – and that’s okay because it’s a competitive map. We don’t need anything too pretty because 90% of us run fps configs anyway, but it’s not really the same for your average player.

I feel like your general player who doesn’t play competitive is A. probably going to never of even heard of it, and B. going to be disappointed. That’s just my opinion, feel free to disagree.

Of course it’s a step-up from koth_hongkong or whatever that’s called but that isn’t saying much.

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from Guyyst

I wonder how they “fixed” spawncamping on badwater

probably by opening the second gate in red’s first spawn or making blue’s forward spawn red’s first spawn with a second shutter, or some really huge player-colliding gate that attackers cant walk through

also which sentry nest on the roof are they talking about? like, the standard spot for competitive plays? well then bye badwater

AnimaL

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

gully also never has been good for public play, i have no idea why its even pld in highlander but its good enough for 6’s and while valve is not investing any actual money they have been constant in approving 6’s maps like process and standin… yes standin has been pld before and is actually pretty fun, especially for ppl who like gravelpit since it has new ideas how game can be played

WLAN-Kabel

[CWC]

Quoted from .s

[…]
Cp_standin is a 3 control point map based off cp_fallout. The map is domination style, the first team to capture all three control points wins the round.

Some guys say its a good 6v6 map, lol.

ty for the explanation :)

crouton

LEGO

Quoted from quintosh

[…]
also which sentry nest on the roof are they talking about? like, the standard spot for competitive plays? well then bye badwater

Why would they patch that out? Why would you believe that’s the spot? There’s no reason a sentry shouldn’t be placed there.

I bet that they patched out one of the roofs you have to sentryjump too, probably the one where you hide on the other side of the normal roof.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

5cp gets stuck in 12v12 but process being added isn’t a bad thing. It might end up floating around like gullywash, but even still it means public players will be more familiar with it. Those players that go on to play highlander, or straight to 6v6, will have some familiarity of the map and that helps when making a bridge to an audience imo.

Yeah it doesn’t look that nice, but you can tell the custom maps added from the official ones by a mile anyway.

Cashworks i’ve always thought in the past should’ve been out there, but I seem to think someone once told me why it wasn’t. Something more about legal/the guy who made it works elsewhere/some bullshit like that. I could be remembering wrongly though.

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from crouton

[…]

Why would they patch that out? Why would you believe that’s the spot? There’s no reason a sentry shouldn’t be placed there.

I bet that they patched out one of the roofs you have to sentryjump too, probably the one where you hide on the other side of the normal roof.

oh yeah probably that spot

Last edited by quintosh,

Quoted from WLAN-Kabel

wtf is standin?

Incredibly fun highlander map, basically KOTH with 3 points so more room to breathe for all classes.

It’s been in UGC summer season twice now, but new things are scary so players didn’t approve. I hope making it official will encourage people to give it a chance.

Last edited by Schmuse,

aura

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3145215

like dis if you cried

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »