Lutunen

Quoted from ashkan

France – Finland <- Could be really, really tight though, wish I could watch
USA – Sweden <- Sweden missing half the starters, wouldn't bet on us

No worries you will default win it anyways :D

unu

Quoted from ashkan

USA – Sweden <- Sweden missing half the starters, wouldn't bet on us

Who could’ve thought something like this would happen when you pick 6v6 players for playing highlander?

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from unu

[…]

Who could’ve thought something like this would happen when you pick 6v6 players for playing highlander?

That’s what happens when you pick the best team possible.

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

Quoted from unu

[…]

As opposed to the other teams who picked HL players to play hl and got really far?

France + USA (Unless Sweden fields its team)

Hallow

P.O.P

This is most likely the best team Sweden can field; having noob scrub shit HL players would’ve meant elimination in Round 1. I think the cup should’ve been delayed 2 weeks since i49, I mean they got eliminated but I’m sure England and Germany would’ve faced similar issues.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Hallow

This is most likely the best team Sweden can field; having noob scrub shit HL players would’ve meant elimination in Round 1. I think the cup should’ve been delayed 2 weeks since i49, I mean they got eliminated but I’m sure England and Germany would’ve faced similar issues.

wow hallow

rude

Bulow

GG

It’s not the best team if they can’t complete the matches. Or rather, are unwilling to complete the matches because they think they have something better to do. The timings of all the matches have been announced for awhile now (since the start of the cup, funnily enough) and the date of i49 was known in advance as well. Presumably the Swedish leaders knew that many of their players would want to practice for i49? Will they play if Sweden get through to the final, even though it will be even closer to i49? If not, then they cannot be considered the best team. Moreover, by deciding now that they don’t want to take one night out to play, they have deprived other ‘noob scub shit hl players’ of the opportunity to play together and actually improve as a team and be more than the sum of their parts. The German team didn’t contain all of the best players, but at least those ‘best’ players ruled themselves out right from the start, giving them the opportunity to practice with a settled line up (though this may not have been grasped as fully as it could, in fairness).

I mean, some of these posts must be ironic, right? “As opposed to the other teams who picked HL players to play hl and got really far?” What, like the American team that is made up people who regularly play highlander? Or the Finnish team who have plenty of those ‘hl scrubs’? That one of these teams will, at the very least, come second, must make this kind of statement look a bit silly?

Moreover, Sweden must be quite the country if it can only produce players who are top 6v6 or utterly dire hl-only players…because that seems to be what Swedish Hallow is suggesting? If you are so beholden to the idea that 6v6 players are the best for this sort of thing, then I am sure there are plenty of Swedes not going to i49 who would/could have played (they’re turning out for the semi final at any rate, right?). But I suppose you’re right, they’d never have gotten past those powerhouse of TF2, Kazakhstan and Latvia. This is before you consider the fact that this ‘best’ Swedish team contains ‘noob hl’ players like Zyzo and Ashkan, who have clearly been deemed good enough. There are clearly talented players who only/pre-dominantly play highlander.

It’s a shame that the decision to squeeze the HL Nations Cup in before i49 has seemingly contributed to this situation.

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

And bulow takes the bait!

Zebbosai

Quoted from Hallow

+1

Hallow

P.O.P

Bulow, please give me HL playera that could adequatly replace ryb, Zebbosai, 2nuts, jukebox/TviQ, and Hycz. The only one I can think of is korv who is sick and maybe Ond Kaja on medic(?) or something.

Also ZyZo and ahskan play engineer and spy first one being the easiest class in the game and spy being a class that historically 6v6 players have been shit at.

EDIT: USA is a shit example; isn’thalf of that roster 6v6 players? The fact that they play high-level HL has nothing to do with it. I mean, playing HL makes you better at HL, that’s not a lie. But they’re still 6v6 players.

Last edited by Hallow,

ondkaja

IKEA

hallow since when am i an “HL player”…

unu

Hallow clearly have no idea of the skill ceiling of engineer.

nijoonen

Gaston
8-)

I’ll take the bait aswell, even tho i’m getting kinda sick of the discussion. In Swedens case, with tons of really good 6v6 players they are kinda given to claim the Scout, Soldier, Demo, Medic and Sniper spot, which I agree with to 100%. When it comes to Pyro, Heavy, Engineer and Spy it’s another thing. 99 times out of 100 the HL players are better then the 6v6 players at those classes.

And in the end that was kinda how Swedens lineup looked, Zebbosai played Heavy and maincalled, there might be better Heavies but no chance there is a better maincaller. And for a team, the calls and leader role are so much more important and useful then a Heavy who might not play spotless. Not to mentioned that it would be kinda unfair of me to claim that there is one group of 6v6 players and one group of HL players. Most of the swedish 6v6 players have also played HL in a high level.

And FYI I think the swedish lineup for tonight will look something like furbo, wolve, thesucker, hycz, nijoonen, zyzo, lillceder, wltrs and ashkan. That might be somewhat wrong tho.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 Next »