Forum

nation cup?

Created 8th June 2013 @ 22:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 17 Next »

kustom3

AwS
DA!

Quoted from 2nuts

I can’t believe you want to punish nations for having too many good players… it is just absurd to me… this is supposed to be about which country has the best players active!
I guess “may the best man win” does not apply?
I really don’t understand why you wouldn’t want to see teams play at their best capacity?
If this was the world cup in football would the same stupid arguments and rules be applied? NO, cause it’s about winning over the other country’s.

Sure there are players from fin/rus/swe that can step up and play at/around prem level but that is not the point this is a show of strength not a show of closest games in EU.
Honestly can’t believe I even had to write this, it should be so obvious.

Amen

atomic-

Quoted from unu

Rule suggestion: 3 players maximum from the same country.

best rule :D:D

from the same country

unu

Quoted from atomic-

[…]
best rule :D:D

from the same country

It’s funny because it’s almost as stupid as the other rule.

atomic-

Quoted from emb

The purpose of the roster restriction is to break up existing teams to level the playing field.

I don’t think the roster restriction will work out well this time…
Could you please name me some existing teams please, which would have an advantage on other teams?
LMS? afaik last time they played with their full line up in the nations cup they got knocked out by Sweden in round of 16 http://etf2l.org/matches/35610/ and also they’ve changed their line up recently and are now playing with some europeans.
Vinland? Yes, they do have 5 finns on their roster but I doubt that everyone from that team will play for Finland since I couldnt find any of them on Team Finland roster – http://etf2l.org/teams/318/
broder? they only have 4 active swedish players which is kinda ok.
So yeah, your rule is kinda useless since it won’t have a big impact on the cup’s outcome, unless you wanna ban div2 teams too, but that’d be kinda odd.

2nuts

@atomic That’s also kind of an issue I have with this.. they only want to enforce the rule if it’s regarding good players, but if you have a nations team with only div 2 people from the same team they wont mind? So this is not about not allowing captains to pick their friends from their team or “unfair” team chemistry advantage… it’s about not letting good (i.e. prem) players from the same team play…

Last edited by 2nuts,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Think the rule was relevant from days gone by where you had the possibility of single nationality teams being stacked with friends of the captain, there is always personal bias when it comes to picking players, I still remember a nations cup, think it was ESL where Cookye wasn’t picked for some personal bias reasons, crazy stuff.

But as TF2 has moved on I don’t think it is as relevant now anyway, same nationality teams are a lot rarer in higher divisions whilst more old school players go, new generations come in and remain undiscovered. I think Stark and Greg weren’t known until they played with Team UK.

Setlet

Quoted from Hildreth

I think Stark and Greg weren’t known until they played with Team UK.

Wasn’t Greg in Infused before that? I think it should have made him known. Also someone made a frag movie for him etc.

But yeah Stark was an unknown pick I think

crouton

LEGO

Making comeback for this cup, pls don’t suck.

2nuts speaks wise words

Leif

I think that if there should any kind of rule about players from the same team, it should be something like having max 3 prem players from the same team.
Doing so teams in div 2/3/4/5/6 arent hurt if they only have a good team that could compite (like SDX, Splendid gaming which consist of the best players of their countries); on the other hand the competition between top tier teams is fairier even for nations that have that has lot of Prem players but who play in different teams like France or England, whereas team like Sweden or Germany have got 3/4 players playing in the same team (broder and Crack Clan).

Last edited by Leif,

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

why shouldnt it be possible to use more than 3 players from prem teams?
why is that rule even in place? i dont think there is any sport where national teams are forced to play with worse players

Lyrete

BAGC
RUN!

If we again go to football, is Spain not allowed to bring practically all of the Barcelona squad to a game? No, so they had 7 Barcelona players in the starting XI in the Euro Final last summer. And I bet they had a practice advantage because of this, because they had played together in their club.

Why should we do such a thing to TF2. Some countries just are better than others.

Last edited by Lyrete,

nibo

elev8
eerie

Quoted from smziii

why shouldnt it be possible to use more than 3 players from prem teams?
why is that rule even in place? i dont think there is any sport where national teams are forced to play with worse players

Read what emb said on the previous page

Link!

.:ne:.

i think the main message we have to send everyone is: get good

Leif

Quoted from Lyrete

If we again go to football, is Spain not allowed to bring practically all of the Barcelona squad to a game? No, so they had 7 Barcelona players in the starting XI in the Euro Final last summer. And I bet they had a practice advantage because of this, because they had played together in their club.

Why should we do such a thing to TF2. Some countries just are better than others.

I was going to write about this but I forgot.
You cant really compare footbal with TF2, come on.
TF2 is a fun game where you play for the fun it is but obviously you still want to win.
Football is a sport where there are millions of money involved so sponsor wouldnt pay if their team cant compete at the best they can and possibly win.

Last edited by Leif,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 17 Next »