Forum

The shape of things to come...

Created 28th March 2009 @ 15:03

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

The rule-set is just stupid in this regard, you are actually encouraging teams to fold and reform with the assurances of a high etf2l league placement based on skill not based on last seasons success. If a newly formed clan could only be placed at the maximum of division-three then you virtually eliminate the cycle of fold and reform in the higher divisions; forcing players to opt for a clan with established stablility.

And another thing I cant understand was why the etf2l admins didn’t allow the vale reform, which seemed to happen rather quickly after the druidz split, to retain the division-one place and catch up with the rest of the teams. if that would of happened then we would not have this problem now.

Waebi

‹Con›

If a newly formed clan could only be placed at the maximum of division-three then you virtually eliminate the cycle of fold and reform in the higher divisions;

then you’d either make players rage quit the whole game or rape their way up again. fun for the lower ones imo.

Haunter

gotta love moose talking about stability after what he did from UNi to Interrobang, the difference is that vale did that during the season, and interrobang did between 2 seasons, that makes them better? its exacly the same

skinnie

TCM

yes fragga your vision makes no sense

lets stop the forming of new good teams and make 15 man rosters (and no this is not a ‘flame’ to 00)

F2

Danmark

This discussion is kinda pointless anyway. Just like in Season 2, 3 and 4, at least one div1 team will fold within the first couple of weeks in Season 5. And then Vale will be promoted to div1.

Gaarulf

UP|

Even though I believe I have a big point. Almost no one was interested in Div 1 this season because of UKeSA being promoted more (Ofcourse more money, but you could cause alot more hype without money too). First div right now is just “Eyh! We are just abit better than div 2! High five!” while Premiership in UkeSA is kind of a bigger deal.

Force div 1 teams to have STVs / relays, get more people to hype and also try to get coverage from Pwnage / Quadv as much as possible.

If ETF2L acts like Div 1 is just a division over div 2 with nothing special in it, why should the rest of us be encouraged to follow the season? Why should we care if Wotr streamrolled Dignitas if ETF2L just post it as “Dignitas – Wotr 0-6” on the side, with no extra hype around the match?

IMO, hype and dedication is alot more than money. If the big teams don’t see a reason to win ETF2L because no one will care if they do, this league will rot slowly but painfully.

If you make div 1 bigger, maybe teams will try to find 2 more players instead of folding mid season, if they know something is worth it.

And if we follow that “no div 1 spot after fold” logic, I think vale should start off in 6 div, so they don’t take the 5th div spot from the teams that worked themselves up there. If they take the 3div spot, what about the teams from 4th div that fought for that spot? Same goes for every div.

If Vale can give you demos, screenshots or even rock conserts of them winning over pretty much every div 1 team, why let them rape div 2?

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

if we play div6 i’m changing to scout

Edd

T2P

now that would be lols.

Moose

[MIPC]

gotta love moose talking about stability after what he did from UNi to Interrobang, the difference is that vale did that during the season, and interrobang did between 2 seasons, that makes them better? its exacly the same

I fail to see any similarity. Main difference being that UNi/Interrobang/cc has finished all four seasons in ETF2L. Of course we were entitled for div1 spot in season 3 after finishing third in season 2. We just changed our line-up so that 4 players remained from the original UNi squad and we took 3 from elsewhere. Had there been any issues about us taking United’s spot in div1, we would have kept the name Clan United and added the three new players to the roster. That would be the same as not allowing Dignitas in div1 on season 4 because they changed their name and line-up between seasons.

Vale/Druidz however played and lost 1 game in season 4 and defaulted the others, thus finishing 9th/10th and as the rules say, the last two teams are demoted to div2 without chance for playoffs and that would be the case for Vale.

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

sux

Haunter

like i said, the only difference is that u did the same between seasons

Moose

[MIPC]

You clearly don’t undestand my point Haunter. Why should ETF2L care what kind of line-up changes we do between seasons? The fact remains that we’ve finished all four seasons and you just dropped out from season 4 after playing one match.

Assault Marine Sigh

I can understand why people think vale should be in div1. Im not saying they are not div1 material. But unless there is a spare spot going .. by all rights skill or otherwise you get demoted.

You being classed as a ‘new’ team is wrong as you are mainly the same team, however you dropped, therefore you should live with the consequences. A dropped team classes all his games as auto losses. Meaning demotion.

You need to bare in mind, you cant have the best of both worlds, you either come in as ‘new’ team and get a chance at div1 if there is space. Or you are the same team in which case you should be demoted. If you get my logic. No matter the consequences.

So what you may thrash div2 teams … ?
I guess the best way to ‘fix’ this situation would be to see what div1 teams and potential div1 teams think and vote on it. Ultimatly I guess the admins decide but surely those who wish to compete with vale should get a voice.

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

miley cyrus gets the best of both worlds, why can’t we

ololololol badjoke

actually no, in her movie she has to choose one :X

Heliana

ok , imo the lvl is the key for the div1

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »