Forum

The shape of things to come...

Created 28th March 2009 @ 15:03

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

I’m curious as to how the promotion/relegation in Division 1 will pan out for Season 5.

At present both Druidz/Vale and redLine/k1ck are marked as [Dropped] and sitting in the big old red relegation zone.

However, I doubt I’m far from the mark in suggesting that both teams (and the community at large) would be expecting to maintain their Division 1 status next season.

Looking closer we could say that the now defunct Delirium would be a suitable candidate to be relegated, even though they are not marked as [Dropped] yet.

But this raises another question of whether k1ck or Vale will be demoted to Division 2 next season or placed into the 8th place to play-off versus the current Division 2 second place teams.

Will we have a play-off for the play-offs or is folding and reforming is an excellent way to avoid the drop? :D

N/A

RaWr ::

I really feel Vale! should stay in division 1, they have done a good job in pcws so far, and I really think they are capable of giving some good matches in division 1 next season. As for k1ck, I think it would be a shambles to allow them back into division 1, a lot of the lower division players will look up to teams and members in the teams in division 1, allowing a team who has been found out to hack, with that specific player still playing in the team back into division 1 will be really disappointing.

Jonni

[FB]

joske. I totally agree but you missed one thing. as for payard. he obviously doesn’t play for em anymore. but heliana is also banned so won’t be playing for them in etf2l. so even if they were to stay in div1, which I doubt, they wouldn’t be playing with any caught cheaters. it’s their choice to use (or not use) heliana in pcw’s though

Assault Marine Sigh

personally I dont think its afair to allow a team who dropped to come back and automatically stay in their div. The other teams all played their matches so why should one of them look at relegation, whether they are worse or not ….

SfynX

T2P

+1 joske, what is the point in dropping vale to div playoff if they will produce results that are roughly mid/high in the div1 table. when teams fold they technically havnt participated in a full season, this basically means they still should be allowed to stay in div1. vales lineup hasnt changed much anyway so they will still give the same performance anyway.

for k1ck i dont know rly, i havnt seen any pcw results to give a good view point. if delirium cannot even get a single point in div1 then they obviously arnt div1 material, im not saying theyre bad just not div1 standard but high div2 i guess

Arnold

DAKKA

not trying to be cocky but it would be a bit ridiculous for us to be put in div2 anyway

Morty

RG

Well Vale! has Skinnie but w/e, div1 standard imo too. About k1ck, i dont know , never saw them playing.

Abunai

I’d want to see Vale! in div 1 regardless really, but play-offs for the play-offs would be fun to watch :3

F2

Danmark

The main reason why a dropped team should drop down a division is because stable teams should be rewarded. Every season there’s been lots of drops in div1. Will we ever see a season where no div1 teams drop? Nope, not if we reward teams that drop by giving them the division spot they had before dropping.

Anyway I agree that Vale should be in div1 next season if possible.

Wlv

RaWr ::

It’s also very fair for stable teams who’ve just come up from division 3 to come in and face teams like k1ck and vale in division 2 also…yes very ;p

bpf

rockit

i think as long as there are not more than 4 drops there is no place for teams like vale to come back
first you have to promote the best div2 teams, the whole league system makes no sense if you dont give them their earned spot and give it to a “new” team

skinnie

TCM

i agree that the 2 div2 teams that won their division should be promoted, but they should take the spots of the teams that struggle to win anything in div1

druidz dropped before the season started so although we won div2 the previous season we haven’t played in div1 yet

and what about the rules for teams that change their lineup drastically ? imo 00 isnt the same 00 anymore that was allowed to play in div1 in the first place

Jh

Hey dats!

teams who drop mid-season should not be let back into the same div for the following season. let them make their way up there again. eventhough vale would clearly finish top5 in div1 ez.

but then again thats just my opinion.

____13____

As F2 said, teams should be rewarded for their stability. The league would be a joke if at least the teams that won div2 wouldn’t be promoted.

As for the others (new teams/reforms and 2nd and maybe 3rd place in div2), why not play-offs, and let the best win?

RuneSky

Given how long it’s likely to be before the start of the next season the chances are that not all teams currently capable or deserving of being in div1 will still be around.

If the new season was the start today the teams top of div2 and the top6 in div1 that completed a full season should be automatics into div1. I guess Delirium would be replaced by vale and Imperial would play a playoff against dmg and plan-B.

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »