Forum

CC Vinland what a disgrace

Created 21st May 2013 @ 21:42

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 14 Next »

ouch

Quoted from bellum

[…]

I came here for the kitchens dude, not to watch some premdiv prima donnas acting like 12yo kids

If you ever get to visit gillingham you have to check out their local kitchen showrooms.

achy

Quoted from GeaR

It’s always so laughable to me when we want tf2 to grow as an (serious) esport but then have a league letting players decide whether to use a third party tool which manipulates the game mechanics. It’s so contradicting. I didn’t read the chat or anything but no blame for cc here. If you are keen and you really want to win, you have to make certain decisions even if it makes you look like assholes. I cannot say anymore that epsilon is the only team willing to win also because they did some tf2 homework :D
Anyways, people should stop playing with darn and etf2l should make a decision about higher pov as soon as possible. (Ban it).

True dat!!

I do however think its a c**ts trick to not only let your team down but the whole community down because you don’t get your own way..

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from ouch

[…]

If you ever get to visit gillingham you have to check out their local kitchen showrooms.

Don’t visit Gillingham with any other purpose though (if you manage to come as far as coming up with one). The place is a shithole.

Trane

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Don’t visit Gillingham with any other purpose though (if you manage to come as far as coming up with one). The place is a shithole.

Ban please, offensive to residents of gillingham (and swear words).

bellum

fgt

Thanks for the help guys

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

1) cc// OBVIOUSLY baiting, they would roll vinland anyway if darn was playing so they’re clearly just being ungentlemenly. Doesn’t matter that the rules allow it, it’s like refusing a merc, it’s just gamesmanship which is unneeded when cc// are so much better than vinland anyway.

2) Darn shouldn’t be a pussy and should get a grip. Either leave right at the beginning or suck it up and keep playing, don’t fuck everyone about.

3) Vinland should have got a merc for the second map, don’t understand why they didn’t.

limede

|LP|
Nave

Quoted from nTraum

there was a Portuguesian saying for this….

> lel

I’am portuguese and i’am offended.
:p eheh

Jokes besides, it is unfortune that this happened like it did…
Reminds me a lot some portuguese mixes that take 1hour to organize and then one of the teams procedes to roll over the other in 10min. FUN FUN FUN!

Darn

rockit like

Quoted from Sideshow

1) cc// OBVIOUSLY baiting, they would roll vinland anyway if darn was playing so they’re clearly just being ungentlemenly. Doesn’t matter that the rules allow it, it’s like refusing a merc, it’s just gamesmanship which is unneeded when cc// are so much better than vinland anyway.

2) Darn shouldn’t be a pussy and should get a grip. Either leave right at the beginning or suck it up and keep playing, don’t fuck everyone about.

3) Vinland should have got a merc for the second map, don’t understand why they didn’t.

1) their call, its in the rules. I was perfectly aware of this

2) I said that im not playing without the fov before the season started, guess mah team didnt take it seriously n im using 800×600 to make lower fov even more lovely.

3) not many finns around these days, which is why I briefly joined the server to get a dose of adrenaline.

not that im going to win this argument, probably should have just kept quiet and play but then again ipz can go suck a big fat cock.

Sash

PF

Anyone misreading the chat as bullying, obviously has never read the chat on one of CCs other games. Shittalk, cheating jokes and childish humor everywhere. They even have a player called shelikesitrough.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Quoted from Trane

However, they had the opportunity to be the ‘bigger man’ by just allowing the FOV in this instance – for the sake of the casting organisations, casters, streamers – and all the people tuned in. (I was particularly looking forward to hearing pledge and Yuki casting a good game).

Darn’s behaviour is also far from acceptable, but I think he and CC come off pretty badly in this.

Why would they be bigger men by giving in to Darn’s attempted blackmail? :D

Your idea of integrity and character seems to be bending over backwards to be fucked by every floppy haired ginger cunt that throws his toys out of the pram. Crack Clan aren’t chumps!

Playing in the Premiership is first and foremost about competition. In fact, that’s all that it’s about. The entertainment you derive from spectating the games is a by product of that competitive spirit.

Certainly, coverage/promotion/prizes are drivers of competition, but they are not the raison d’etre for serious teams.

Sportsmanship has nothing to do with handicapping yourself or your teammates. It’s about fairness in following the rules of the game.

I can only assume that these people questioning the actions of cc// are trolling, in which case, you got me.

Muerte

elev8

So confused right now.

CC decline request. Darn RQ’s. CC get default win.

Sure, these guys are prem…but why treat them any differently to Div 6? Both CC and Darn were well within their right to do what they did.
Ya’ll need to chill yo beans.

limede

|LP|
Nave

You can be serious about something and still have a childish humor…

Who the fuck doesn’t like mom jokes for example? I know your does <3

By Darn's last reply i think everyone can tell that the game chat thingy was something more in the heat of the game….(excluding the last sentence :D)

Trane

Quoted from Admirable

Why would they be bigger men by giving in to Darn’s attempted blackmail? :D

Your idea of integrity and character seems to be bending over backwards to be fucked by every floppy haired ginger cunt that throws his toys out of the pram. Crack Clan aren’t chumps!

Playing in the Premiership is first and foremost about competition. In fact, that’s all that it’s about. The entertainment you derive from spectating the games is a by product of that competitive spirit.

Certainly, coverage/promotion/prizes are drivers of competition, but they are not the raison d’etre for serious teams.

Sportsmanship has nothing to do with handicapping yourself or your teammates. It’s about fairness in following the rules of the game.

I can only assume that these people questioning the actions of cc// are trolling, in which case, you got me.

1) How is it blackmail?

2) Running a plugin is hardly the equivalent of ‘bending over backwards’.

3) If you think the actual result of a single premiership game is more important than providing the community with the ‘by-product’ of quality casts to promote the game then we have a serious difference of opinion.

4) So are you suggesting that top teams should always do whatever it takes to win? Refuse mercs, make it very difficult to schedule, insistent on playing on certain servers – all are within the rules, ‘winning’ is of paramount importance. What a great league that would be.

5) Please explain how allowing everyone to play at their desired FOV would be a handicap for anyone.

6) Not trolling.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from Admirable

The only person being handicapped was the player on unfamiliar fov. The Vinland that qualified for Prem had Darn on higher fov. For the sake of the viewers and the game it would’ve been the right move to play the game. It was poor sportsmanship from both sides.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from fraac

The only person being handicapped was the player on unfamiliar fov.

The news post where ETF2L stated that using tftrue to alter your fov is only to be allowed if both teams agree was published quite a while ago (two weeks, maybe three? not sure). Plenty of time to get familiar with 90 one would say.

Quoted from fraac

It was poor sportsmanship from both sides.

No. Darn agreed with not using the higher FOV the moment his team readied up (ready-upped? :D) and started playing.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 14 Next »