Maps for season 15 :O

Created 11th March 2013 @ 15:21

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 Next »

Sketch

MM

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

YOU MONSTER!

Do you not think it might be healthy if not this season but next to have snake, gully, process and 2-3 new maps. Rather than the old timers. I’m not suggesting to get rid of them but one season without would bring a lot of variety

Henghast

open
bobs

Healthy how? I’d say badlands gets more play than it should and some teams are ridiculous on it compared to other maps but that’s just their perogative. Should they want to spend 80% of their time practicing Snakewater to get an edge or because they enjoy it there’s nothing stopping them.

Right now I’d say we’ve a good map pool from the last season. At most I’d like to add one to it and work on approaching the prospective new maps and working with their designers to build something that is suitable for the majority of the community and the variation of the game we love to play.

meaning for me that maps like Quay, Metalworks and any other need more attention, more mixes and perhaps more ONC’s to get feedback and ideas. Who knows in a couple of months we could have 2 or 3 maps approaching comp readiness and be able to cycle maps in and out of the map pool without damaging the quality of maps in the pool. That’s the ideal as I see it. With that in mind I would like to see more variance in the maps being considered though, it’s a shame turbine_pro and viaduct_pro along side gravelpit are the upper echelons of what’s available.

Sketch

MM

Quoted from Henghast

Healthy how? I’d say badlands gets more play than it should and some teams are ridiculous on it compared to other maps but that’s just their perogative. Should they want to spend 80% of their time practicing Snakewater to get an edge or because they enjoy it there’s nothing stopping them.

Right now I’d say we’ve a good map pool from the last season. At most I’d like to add one to it and work on approaching the prospective new maps and working with their designers to build something that is suitable for the majority of the community and the variation of the game we love to play.

meaning for me that maps like Quay, Metalworks and any other need more attention, more mixes and perhaps more ONC’s to get feedback and ideas. Who knows in a couple of months we could have 2 or 3 maps approaching comp readiness and be able to cycle maps in and out of the map pool without damaging the quality of maps in the pool. That’s the ideal as I see it. With that in mind I would like to see more variance in the maps being considered though, it’s a shame turbine_pro and viaduct_pro along side gravelpit are the upper echelons of what’s available.

Kinda my point. If you ideally want to cycle maps through the map pool each map should be treated fairly. So if you had 5 map slots for a season but 8 maps you would need a 1 or 2 map rotation each season. But the fact that badlands and granary always seem to be excluded from this rotation feels unfair on the balance of other new maps to play.

marez

vc
9 ☆

When I watched TC cup Quay seemed very chaotic, Obscure is a little better but its still not like good ole Gullywash.

WLAN-Kabel

[CWC]

with 2 close-to-equally skilled team viaduct is just so awesome because it can be so fuckin´exciting like on no other maps. Also it would be great to see some other gametype than 5cp.

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Quoted from Sketch

Do you not think it might be healthy if not this season but next to have snake, gully, process and 2-3 new maps. Rather than the old timers. I’m not suggesting to get rid of them but one season without would bring a lot of variety

Not sure ‘healthy’ is the right adjective but it isn’t be a bad thing to ease new maps in, snakewater and gullywash have made it through the community map selection process already and process is doing very nicely at the moment thank you very much.

Having 2 or 3 new maps would be a mistake imho, 1 is all we need, if any, (see the above examples for single maps, eased in as single new maps that have hung around), so then it’s a decision on just adding 1 or replacing 1.

Replacing badlands wouldn’t kill anyone and would make it a lot less played in pcw’s, forcing teams to play the new maps even more, maybe even work out some new strats and find more enjoyment in that aspect of 6v6 TF2 than rolling out on badlands for the thirty-millionth time..

Maybe ‘healthy’ is the right adjective after all…

I’ll be writing a 10,000 word blog post entitled, ‘How cp_badlands killed TF2’, check it out sometime.

Tangopopper

[M]
Kirmani

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

Not sure ‘healthy’ is the right adjective but it isn’t be a bad thing to ease new maps in, snakewater and gullywash have made it through the community map selection process already and process is doing very nicely at the moment thank you very much.

Having 2 or 3 new maps would be a mistake imho, 1 is all we need, if any, (see the above examples for single maps, eased in as single new maps that have hung around), so then it’s a decision on just adding 1 or replacing 1.

Replacing badlands wouldn’t kill anyone and would make it a lot less played in pcw’s, forcing teams to play the new maps even more, maybe even work out some new strats and find more enjoyment in that aspect of 6v6 TF2 than rolling out on badlands for the thirty-millionth time..

Maybe ‘healthy’ is the right adjective after all…

I’ll be writing a 10,000 word blog post entitled, ‘How cp_badlands killed TF2’, check it out sometime.

If people didn’t like badlands they just wouldn’t play it as much. The fact that people still play it a lot despite the diminishing returns in terms of results is testament to how enjoyable it is. I do agree that there should one or two new maps, to encourage the working out new strats side of it, but I don’t think we have enough community-approved maps at the moment to start replacing ones which most people like. If we do get another snakewater/process level of approval from a community map then maybe, just maybe, we could think about reducing the number of badlands games a season to two.

Maybe.

Sketch

MM

Yea I really just want to experiment. Gully, snake and process are all really popular atm.

If people are able to accept maybe 2 of the following maps ( just an example off the top of my head its not a definitive list):

Quay
Metal works
Follower
Viaduct pro

Then I think that total of 5 maps would make an excellent map pool for either season 15 or 16 it would also give chojje some time to polish off quay.if its season 16

That includes 3 strongly approved community maps and 2 that I can see the community currently has a lot of interest in the 4 maps listed

Link!

can we all agree that the community maps that we gave multiple chances (both versions of obscure, freight etc.) are bad and don’t need to be mentioned anymore?

thx

Sketch

MM

Quoted from Link!

can we all agree that the community maps that we gave multiple chances (both versions of obscure, freight etc.) are bad and don’t need to be mentioned anymore?

thx

yes

Griffin

badlands
gullywash
snake
process
obscure (not snowy one)
granary or maybe quay if they can finish and fix it?..

beach

[DA]
[DA]

id love to see follower in there

schocky

ist doof

ctf maps pls. k thanks (i would love to play turbine again – and this ISNT a joke!)

prince of denmark

Obscure
Freight
Badlands
Granary
Gullywash
Snakewater

These maps would be the best I think.

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs