Forum

Who will divs? Highlander Season 4

Created 10th March 2013 @ 19:11

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »

Juracule

Aspie

Quoted from Fool

It’s funny how no1 didn’t think easy going would win 2a :)

Best skrubmed eu

Trane

Hi Tutorial, how did your predictions work out?

irfx

EPA

This thread just keeps going more and more interesting *popcorn*

Fool

Aspie
TC.Crash

Quoted from unu

[…]

Denying mercs and default hunting, easy going has the name right at least.

Well you guys asked prem players what I heard from silence..

Unlike some teams we want to play against teams that are on our level and not against teams that get prem players to carry them in officials..

Would you let div 2 pocket soldier merc in div 4 6 vs 6 official? How much fun would that be?

Last edited by Fool,

unu

Quoted from Fool

[…]

Unlike some teams we want to play against teams that are on our level and not against teams that get prem players to carry them in officials..

Would you let div 2 pocket soldier merc in div 4 6 vs 6 official? How much fun would that be?

We asked for a div 1 HL demo (Hildreth) to off-class heavy and it got shut down.

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from Fool

[…]

To be fair, there’s a bigger difference between a div 2 and a div 4 player for 6v6 than there is for highlander.

Fool

Aspie
TC.Crash

Quoted from Russian Guyovich

[…]

To be fair, there’s a bigger difference between a div 2 and a div 4 player for 6v6 than there is for highlander.

I know but it was just an example..

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from Fool

[…]

Differences:

1. The individual skill-gap and tactical knowledge is much larger in 6v6 than in 9v9, especially since lower div1 and upper div2 are practically the same (highlander lol).

2. An individual player can do only so much in 9v9, especially as a team-dependent class like heavy. A good pocket soldier can wreck teams in shitty 6v6 but a heavy makes really no difference, especially since he has no idea how the team he mercs for plays.

And just something to think about: You’ll have to face 9 players per team of that caliber you just denied next season. Or did you just go for the medal ;)?

Fool

Aspie
TC.Crash

Quoted from unu

[…]

We asked for a div 1 HL demo (Hildreth) to off-class heavy and it got shut down.

Well he was on a team that was 2nd on div 1 at that time, and also player how is known about knowing so much stuff about HL so we didn’t feel happy about him.

But what is done can’t be undone..

Fool

Aspie
TC.Crash

Quoted from Muuki

[…]

Or did you just go for the medal ;)?

If we would have lost 6-0 we would have won the div anyways.. :) Please get your facts right before saying stuff like that..

Quoted from Fool

[…]

If we would have lost 6-0 we would have won the div anyways.. :) Please get your facts right before saying stuff like that..

Then it makes even less sense..

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

So…you’d already won the division even if you lost the match 6-0 yet you still thought denying the opponents a slightly higher skilled merc was reasonable?

You people are weird.

unu

Denying the merc is not the worst part, the worst part was that you refused to reschedule for 5 days and told us we _HAD_ to play the game at the same day.

Trane

I don’t think it’s fair to call EG default hunters. They only had 1 default win, and it looks genuine.

People shouldn’t ask for higher div mercs, then they won’t ever be able to ‘blame’ the other team for not allowing them. Just find someone on or lower than your level, seriously – it’s not difficult.

Fool

Aspie
TC.Crash

Quoted from Monkeh

So…you’d already won the division even if you lost the match 6-0 yet you still thought denying the opponents a slightly higher skilled merc was reasonable?

You people are weird.

We weren’t already won the div at that point. I didn’t say that. As you might notice after reading my posts again few times..

But we WOULD have won it anyway if the games after that would have gone same way as they did…

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »