Forum

Good, bad or indifferent?

Created 20th February 2013 @ 14:52

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

Godof

Quoted from Nymthae

The gunboats have been meh. Some i’ve not really noticed, apart from occasional ‘WHY SO MUCH HEALTH LEFT?’ but I have run into a few absolutely stupid soldiers who are just jumping, jumping and jumping. It’s an annoyance more than anything, because they haven’t been very useful at all in doing that – so not exactly game breaking. Doesn’t make it that much fun though.

While jumping he distracts the team,and that’s a big part of the roamer’s job- to distract so his team can push. Could be annoying,but not useless, unless those soldiers are shit.
But what I do hate about gunboats is the rollout to process,when they can take the big health kit and then your team is kinda fucked… Mostly nothing you can do about these soldiers,and that can be a big annoyance if they’re successful.

I’m fine with all the other unlocks, gunboats can be massively irritating though.
So kinda happy.

Last edited by Godof,

Kaneco

I love it, I have been advocating for unlocks on this league since god knows when, and I couldn’t be less happy with the decision

Much more dynamic scouts, basher jumps bring some amazing moments to the game (looking at you cookye), passive-agressive sollies jumping around and doing nothing just messing with you head, the skill stick for the extra turbo boost just when you need that extra inch to reach spawn in safety, soldier unlocks really make medic task a lot easier, especially on the rollouts, allowing for more intense mids.

Also, the ninja demo caps :D Altough I think from all the unlocks the demo one is the one with least real advanges comparing to the other ones.

Now I just hope there are some more unlocks in the works now, talking about offclasses unlocks particularly, I think it would be really great to have Cloak and Dagger and Ambassador for spy for example, or Degreaser and Extinguisher for pyro, even the sandvich or jarate I would be cool with.

Hell, as long as there are no broken weapons allowed (the ones in UGC are all fine) like phlog, pomsom and stuff like that Im fine with it, after all everyone ends up using a selected few tested and tried unlocks the higher the level gets. And newbies just get more variety and a less notorious entry barrier to comp. Win-win situation in my book

Quoted from Kvux

The unlocks are fine, keep them like this. But perhaps remove the overdose, nobody uses that shit(From what I’ve seen).

You make so much sense, great argument, just because no one uses it let’s remove it, while you’re at it just remove bonesaw since no one uses it (oh wait you can’t) and remove syringe gun because everyone goes for the sup3r l33t xbow 360 no scope kill.

rarecandy

I hate having to build uber as scout

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

I dont like the boston basher because I have to build, and I always kill myself with it.

Massive fan of the gunboats and EQ though, so overall really positive for me

Last edited by MEGAMIDDIE,

frixx

LG

made game more dynamic. I approve them

vøid

I love the boston basher.
I can finally feel useful for my team.

Kvux

/./
LEGO

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]
You make so much sense, great argument, just because no one uses it let’s remove it, while you’re at it just remove bonesaw since no one uses it (oh wait you can’t) and remove syringe gun because everyone goes for the sup3r l33t xbow 360 no scope kill.

You seem tempered? Did I offend You by expressing my opinion?
I’m aware that it was a poor argument, but it’s the only thing I’ve noticed so far.
Another time, try not to be a fucking dick about it when ‘correcting’ people. It’s rather pointless..

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from Kvux

[…]
I’m aware that it was a poor argument, but it’s the only thing I’ve noticed so far.
Another time, try not to be a fucking dick about it when ‘correcting’ people. It’s rather pointless..

“Someone disagrees with me so I’ll just completely disregard his arguments and instead stoop down and directly insult him.

I am the better man in this discussion!”

Last edited by Fuxx,

Kaneco

Quoted from Kvux

[…]

Didn’t want to come across as a dick just thought that argument was genuinely stupid. Sorry if I seemed aggressive

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

As a pocket soldier I dislike having scouts building uber whilst I’m alive. If I’m dead then I don’t mind, but when I’m alive it really upsets my natural rhythm to have to stand around instead of moving between ammo packs or tanking enemy spam. Everything I do is because I feel like I’m being healed all of the time.

As for the other unlocks, they’ve really not made a massive difference to me. They should increase the damage penalty for the paintrain though.

Setlet

Even though I hate the gunboats, I think they reward the jumping soldier for having good timing and good rocketjumping skills. Even though the same could be done without them, but Gunboats gives them a chance to do trickjumps or gain boost by pogoing. I think that’s a nice feature. But still, I wouldn’t mind a game without gunboats.

Escape Plan however… such a retarded unlock. Too many soldiers have managed to escape from a certain death. I’ve seen some great soldiers doing the same but with gunboats, now that takes skill in my opinion. Even though I hate the gunboats, at least they need skill to use it, unlike Escape Plan.

Boston Basher. Well I don’t really mind it. I think it would be better though if a team could gain an uber advantage by killing the soldiers and demoman. Because everyone is using it, I rarely see any scout using a melee weapon to do damage.

Pain Train. It’s worthless, but I still use it because it’s better than the bottle. Very rarely you should backcap as a demoman. Sometimes I’ve managed to get a cap by turtling the last point with stickies. It promotes aggressive demoman, which is in 99% cases not useful for your team. As a soldier unlock, it could be useful but in 99% cases the escape plan is, unfortunately, a better unlock. It would be great to see soldiers using it to backcap.

Overdose. Well I haven’t seen any medics using it to escape. 99% use crossbow and the 1% die nevertheless.

Kvux

/./
LEGO

Quoted from Fuxx

[…]

“Someone disagrees with me so I’ll just completely disregard his arguments and instead stoop down and directly insult him.

I am the better man in this discussion!”

I did not disregard his argument, I took it into consideration. That I didn’t respond back to his argument isn’t equal to disregarding it. Secondly I replied as I did because I felt his post was equivalent to mocking, simply because of the way he wrote it.
However I can see Your point, except I wasn’t even trying to insult him.

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

Didn’t want to come across as a dick just thought that argument was genuinely stupid. Sorry if I seemed aggressive

It’s no problem. And yeah, my argument was shit. But I never meant for it to be one in the first place, I just wanted to vent that I hadn’t seen anyone use the overdose(yet).
I overreacted as Your argument was valid, but however I felt it was written to mock(Probably was because of my bad argument, in which I could’ve put a bit more thought.)
tl;dr my bad

Last edited by Kvux,

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

escape plan still overpowered as hell. 65 damage and the same speed of a scout? are you shitting me?

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Nymthae

The gunboats have been meh.

Hold up there Nym,

Surely you don’t mean to suggest that this one singular weapon HASN’T brought about the complete destruction of everything we hold dear?

Last edited by Skyride,

accless

cp_

Quoted from toogyboogy

escape plan still overpowered as hell. 65 damage and the same speed of a scout? are you shitting me?

While at ~5 HP though.
It’s a giant SHOOT ME sign. I know I shouldn’t be talking since I’m playing soldier and rather enjoy the Escape Plan. But soldier’s that are hurt are easy to single out when they try to escape. That’s the balancing factor to me

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »