So the rumors are true?

Created 16th December 2012 @ 14:52

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 Next »

Quoted from Link!

no one ever talks about it

Maybe in your mumble channel.

kaidus

WiK?

This. This thread right here. This is why so many people hate unlocks.

Last edited by kaidus,

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from RazorsEdge

[…]

Totally agreed and I dont think, its a shit reason. Misses are a big part of the game.

+1 for gunboats as it is a balanced thing, which helps the variety of the game.
-1 for escape plan, as it has no disadvantages, would only buff the soldier.

escapeplan has a massive disadvantage cuz as soon as iam seeing someone using it he has a massive indicator on his head sayin “PLS SHOOT ME IAM WEAK”

minimoose

Quoted from smziii

[…]

escapeplan has a massive disadvantage cuz as soon as iam seeing someone using it he has a massive indicator on his head sayin “PLS SHOOT ME IAM WEAK”

but they are actually leading you into a trap, the trap of them getting a healthpack and shitting on you and all you believe in

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from kaidus

This. This thread right here. This is why so many people hate unlocks.

+1

baerbel

trick17
trick17

Quoted from RazorsEdge

[…]

-1 for escape plan, as it has no disadvantages, would only buff the soldier.

how is that bad. soldier is a shit class already.

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from Casual

I’d hate to see the game boil down to rock paper scissors (has that soldier direct hit? if so-> can’t jump, otherwise-> I can risk the jump, etc…).

The class based gameplay of Team Fortress is built from the ground up as rock paper scissors, you couldn’t get a more apt analogy for how this game already works. Also, why do people still not understand what the word random means? Having lots of options doesn’t make anything more random. Vali’s right, more visibilty on the unlocks would help, but generally yeah, unlocks thread.

Setlet

Quoted from smziii

[…]

But still they are more likely to escape than without the escape plan.

E: Also, shooting soldier can actually make him faster, unless he already had under 40hp.

I also think that you should already know if one is weak or not.

Last edited by Setlet,

EvoWarrior5

UbeR |

Quoted from Sideshow

A) You should only allow unlocks which ADD something to the game, not the ones which don’t detract anything. Adding all the useless ones as well is, by definition, useless. If they get used they’re gonna ruin mixes/ get used to troll like you see allllllllll the time in pugna and euro dmixes when the whitelist is removed.

I haven’t thought this through for every weapon, can’t be arsed right now. Gonna say it anyways:

Don’t you think that pretty much EVERY weapon adds something?
Normal people would look at the Shortstop or Scottish Resistance and say it sucks or adds nothing in particular to the game. Whereas somebody like THIEF will analyse these weapons and release their full potential.
I helped him in a project which proved that Shortstop may in fact be the ultimate Scout weapon when it comes to passive playstyles and kritz ubers. When you kritz a Scout in with Shortstop you’ve got a hitscan weapon that deals -72 or -144 damage from mid-long to long range.
In that sense even a weapon like the Shortstop massively adds to the game.

^ Nobody is going to take this seriously I think. Come on, rage at me like the haters you are!

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from EvoWarrior5

[…]

I haven’t thought this through for every weapon, can’t be arsed right now. Gonna say it anyways:

Don’t you think that pretty much EVERY weapon adds something?
Normal people would look at the Shortstop or Scottish Resistance and say it sucks or adds nothing in particular to the game. Whereas somebody like THIEF will analyse these weapons and release their full potential.
I helped him in a project which proved that Shortstop may in fact be the ultimate Scout weapon when it comes to passive playstyles and kritz ubers. When you kritz a Scout in with Shortstop you’ve got a hitscan weapon that deals -72 or -144 damage from mid-long to long range.
In that sense even a weapon like the Shortstop massively adds to the game.

^ Nobody is going to take this seriously I think. Come on, rage at me like the haters you are!

Why would you kritz a shortstop scout when kritzing a demo/soldier results in more damage, scouts with shortstop don’t have the means to use splashdamage either further reducing it’s kritz usefulness.

And a buffed scout with kritz is easier to get rid off than a buffed sol/demo with kritz (assuming you don’t have uber).

EvoWarrior5

UbeR |

Didn’t think of situations in which it is useful. I could think of a few now but it wasn’t my point. My point was that every weapon adds to the game if you just play around with it.
In that sense you cannot say that there is a weapon that doesn’t add to the game, and that it should be removed because “you cant say it should be allowed only because it doesnt detract anything” which is what ive seen said a few times.

hycolours

_ainsley

Escape plan is a crutch for bad soldiers.
Discuss

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from EvoWarrior5

Didn’t think of situations in which it is useful. I could think of a few now but it wasn’t my point. My point was that every weapon adds to the game if you just play around with it.

You would willingly cripple a scout with a weapon thats useful in only a few situations purely to take advantage of events that may or may not occur at all?

In that sense you cannot say that there is a weapon that doesn’t add to the game, and that it should be removed because “you cant say it should be allowed only because it doesnt detract anything” which is what ive seen said a few times.

This entirely depends on what you consider to “add” to the game. Very few of the soldier rocket launchers add anything new to the game in relation to the vanilla RL, and then there’s the debate regarding wether or not that addition is at all desired and before you know it we’ve traversed 20 pages without having come to a slightly meaningful conclusion.

Last edited by herpderp,

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Quoted from hycolours

Escape plan is a crutch for bad soldiers.
Discuss

It’s crutch for all soldiers. But soldier is the worst mobile combat class in TF2 so it doesn’t matter that much.

EvoWarrior5

UbeR |

Quoted from herpderp

You would willingly cripple a scout with a weapon thats useful in only a few situations purely to take advantage of events that may or may not occur at all?

You’re still going on about that….?
I said that that wasn’t my point. read what i say for once….
if you want an actual debate about those weapons so badly add thief on steam and do it with him. He has more experience with those weapons than I do, i wouldnt even use them personally.

again, all i was saying was that every weapon can add to the game as long as youre creative enough. i was responding to those saying you should only allow weapons that add to the game. whereas in my opinion pretty much every weapon does so.
Though not everybody sees that and keeps saying that those weapons do not add anything to the game. Look thief’s videos up on youtube, he does some crazy shit with those weapons. Not saying he will become top-invite but the things he does still work mostly.

once again, i havent looked into “weird” weapons as much as he did, so all the talking about how inconsistent they are will have no effect on me whatsoever. just saying, in case somebody else wants to go into that.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 Next »