Forum

New rules for the next season.

Created 9th March 2009 @ 12:52

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »

kaidus

WiK?

“Kaidus your issue isn’t with the maps, its with the map pool.”

Uhm, yes I know? The entire point of my post was to question the map pool system :/.

mineral

[kpwr]

To be honest I like the map system. I wouldn’t want to play fixed maps chosen by admins. The gpit rule is good.
About playing 2 games/week, idk really lots of teams have problems scheduling one game a week so I’m not sure if it would work out, however I’d love to have more officials so I’d have to +1 on this one as well.

Morty

RG

I completely agreed with Darn and m0re.
Haunter is quite right tho. no double matches but the maps cud be played in different days aswell OR like a “break” in a football game. 15 minutes or so to discuss what it went wrong, tactics etc etc.

Mick-

i don’t like the winlimit at all actually , and yes two games per week only for the ETF2L and i will shout LETS DROP THIS LEAGUEEEEEEEE for sure, you know me quite well Riemu :p

Riemu

element //

quite shocking, isnt it mick ;)

Iller

tGa

I’m just curious, but what is the reason why several Div 1 teams seems to behind their schedule regarding their matches and don’t have time to play more ?
However, since they play in the top division, I guess they practice or/and play matches in other leagues for many hours each day ?
Is the problem that they want to perfect their tactics and therefore almost never feel ready to play ?

beta

RaWr ::

Iller – the answer is both.

The majority of Div 1 teams play in 2+ leagues. For example lets look at Crack Clan and Dignitas, at the most these where both playing in the following:

ETF2L
UKESA
ESL League
ESL EMS
ETF2L Cup (when running)
Clanbase
EDTF2L

As you can see quite a lot of games that could have to be scheduled.

Then you have the thought of practice / tactics, both of which can take time. Not counting Fridayt and Saturday night (majority do have lives) you can see the time to play all these games gets small very quickly !

Then you have factors of 6 man teams, if 1 person can’t make it that night or a team wishes to field their strongest line up things get even more complicated! :)

Mike

dunc

infs
dp.

Beta’s post is spot on.

After having thought about this for a while I’ve come to the conclusion that I can’t decide. I don’t know which would be better, though I’d be willing to try the new system to see how it works. Sorry, I haven’t read the posts, would this mean the teams would play against each other twice in the season? If so, that would be fine – 5 winlimit on a single map only is hardly an indication of which team is better, purely down to which team has better tactics on that map or has had more time to practice it.

Either way I’m 95% sure ETF2L won’t make such a significant change. I think if you want to try these rules, you’ll either have to persuade an existing league like ESL (possible as they’ve recently acquired a new TF2 head admin) or start a league of your own.

thaldarin

Before changes are made to a working structured system, I think we will need to see a season go by where none of the teams fold/drop.

If there is any issue with ETF2L it is that clans drop like flies, the only change I’d like to see is rules regarding teams joining by making it stricter to stop such a thing. I’d also like to see restrictions placed on teams who ragequit/drop with no real reason too.

EDIT: 50 Dropped teams seems to much to me to allow in a competitive league in a season period.

Anderson

TEZC
TEZC

locked rosters, with a week or 2 around week 3/6 where players can be added to a team.

How about having it so we have set maps each week, but is decided by each of the divisions. So for example, before a season starts, there is a poll for each of the corresponding weeks, and the 2 maps with the most vote wins (taking into account that pool1 maps are allowed to be picked 3 times <–that will need changing), then a player from each team votes.

dunc

infs
dp.

There’s nothing you can do to avoid dropping teams. Locking rosters will just make more teams drop if they lose 1 or 2 members outside of the transfer window.

Anderson

TEZC
TEZC

Wouldnt locking the rosters force players to sit out for a season then or atleast until a window of opportunity is open, Thus making it in thier best interest to remain clanned.

Teams drop alot of the time becuase 1 or 2 players have the abillity to play for a different team, by not having that luxury i reckon you would see fewer teams dropping.

Extremer

^ They’d just play in other leagues/regular pcws.

thaldarin

Fully locked rosters may be a step too far to actually trying to avoid the problem and help weed out constant droppings.

I’d suggest teams that leave the league because they’ve raged/had a bad run etc. should be banned for the next season.

I’d suggest penalties rather than locking. Adding players to a roster is allowed, transfers cost -2 points from the team who is receiving the player and no penalty is played against the original team. A player can only play for 2 teams per season; I’d also eliminate merc’s of any sort or make a -2 point penalty for using one.

xtala

I agree with the locking part.

But why would you disallow mercs?
We have had a few occasions when we couldn’t field a team (due to holidays, irl stuff, …). That’s hardly a reason to get a default loss imo.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »