Forum

New rules for the next season.

Created 9th March 2009 @ 12:52

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

Vlijm that wouldnt work at all for maps like Well that are often low scoring.

Kaidus your issue isn’t with the maps, its with the map pool.

Haunter

dont use winlimit, bcs the score can be close, specialy if its winlimit 5, losing a game 5-4 with 20min on the clock isnt fair, on the other hand round difference 4 or 5 sounds good

ABBA +1

lock rosters +1

forced maps: -1 (teams might play worst in map x and better in any other map, and whoever has the luck of getting a good map, has more chances to win, actual map picks looks better)

2 officials: -1 (there are more leagues, and forcing players to focus in 1 league, wouldnt be fair to the other competitions and for tf2)

playing vs same team 2 times: we’re doing it atm, 2 maps = 2 games 6 points, the difference is that u play in the same day, anyway playing vs same team 2 times, by the way u mean it, would make a long season, atm we have 9 weeks which would be turned into 18, dunno if its a good idea to have a 3,5month season (unless u play 2 officials/week, but i already stated my opinion)

Waebi

‹Con›

dunno if its a good idea to have a 3,5month season

there would be no teams left imo.

Haunter

my bad, 18 weeks = 4.5month :D

Funkeh

DStM

Especially not with a locked roster :O

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

i pretty much agree with what haunter said, besides the locked rosters, which i don’t like. Look at the teams folding and people changing teams. At this rate, with locked roster, the tables are gonna look very empty at the end of a season with locked rosters.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Yeah, to say a season is fairly long, locked rosters would be horrible.

+1 ABBA

I think map picks as they stand are fine – they’ll never be entirely perfect because unless you play the same maps every week (which would be boring, but yes I realise most clans sit and play gran/bad constantly, they do change here and there and not having a league to practise for does remove purpose of other maps), there isn’t particularly an ideal way to ensure both teams aren’t suffering a disadvantage due to not playing a map much/at all.

1 official a week is fine. Don’t need anymore, a lot of teams struggle to organise a decent time for one. Teams aren’t being starved of games, PCW or official, it’s all practise and experience.

ETF2L can’t have done that much wrong, considering how many teams sign up each season :p

dunc

infs
dp.

GravelPit needs changes yeah, but first to 5 isn’t always a great idea – turbine for instance.

Gaarulf

UP|

Winlimit should be a 6point DIFFERENCE (10-4 / 6-0 / 7-1).

ABBA for gravel.

emsii

ABBA sounds cool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5Z2gR-lOXY&feature=related

Now seriously, as Wlv said, playing the same map twice would be a bitch ;x gravel’s rules should definitely count imo.

AnAkkk

The winlimit is only for cp_ maps on cevo, anyway they don’t play ANY ctf_ map.

winlimit 6 or 8 could be fine (not win difference).

Riemu

element //

I support the following:

– ABBA Gravelpit
– Admin chosen maps (At least for Division 1)

Dont think this will be good:

– 2 Officials / Week
– First to 5

Why?

I like the System UKeSA is using. It’s fair for all teams and it’s a half way decent map selection. It’s not perfect (Why put 2 shit maps together when you could aswell put 1 good and 1 shit map together), but it’s a start and I like it. I have always demanded fix admin chosen maps (since Season 1) and I will continue to do so. But please, for gods sake, clean your useless mappool up if you do so. The UKeSA Mappool is ideal.

2 Officials / Week is simply too much, as already mentioned before teams just wont have time for that. As long as ETF2L doesnt offer something substantial to set them apart from other leagues, that just wont happen. Why should teams focus on 2 officials / week in a league that doesnt offer prizemoney for Division 1, while EMS / UKeSA / ED League do? It’s only possible in CEVO cause they have a) Prizemoney and b) there isn’t much else going on in the US last time i checked

First to 5 isn’t really a good ruleset. There have been quite thrilling matches in the past where one team lead 6-3 and then lost 6-7. There have also been matches where one team lead 5-1 and then drawed with 5-5. And those great matches will continue to happen. We have always played time-based not point-based and we shouldn’t change it now. It’s working the way it currently is, and it’s good. However, I agree that a certain pointlimit should be set in order to avoid teams being steamrolled 15-0 on one map when they have the bad luck of being placed against one of the high teams in a cup or whatever. The 8 Point Limit in Enemydown is perfect for that matter.

Darn

rockit like

you cant lose when you get 5 rounds against someone. maybe vale, but other than that winlimit should be first to 5.

Norris

6:0 should end any map. I mean seriously if any team could comeback because they just refused to work together for six games then they deserve to lose this round imo. there’s no point in destroying weaker teams by 15 points. it would just make them fold. nobody wants the community to die..

Riemu

element //

Yes Darn, sure

I admit, it is unlikely to get 6-5 / 5-6 or 5-5 games. But it’s not impossible.
Especially not on maps like Granary and Badlands where a clean victory on cp3 results in a fast round.

You certainly wont come back from a 5-0 lead. But you might aswell play 3-3 then 5-5 then 5-6. Especially if the Teams are quite even. So, either make it 5 points difference (i.e. 5-0 / 6-1 / 7-2 etc.) or set the winlimit to 8 (like ED).

But 5 just is too low.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »